• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    District 28 correction: C.T. Wilson (D) voted NAY on the House Floor vote on SB281. Further more he voted in support of the 2A friendly floor amendments, and against the 2A unfriendly amendments.

He definitely supports 2A and needs all the support we can get him.

FatMuscle

Aug 9, 2010
    La Plata
    CT Wilson (D) - 28 - Voted NAY SB281

This is a work in progress - see the beginning of the above OP for how you can help. This is updated to post 150 on this thread

This post contains is a list of candidates running for House of Delegates (listed

28 - being researched by gatopolis11
    Sally Y Jameson
    Voted "Nay" on SB281* floor vote

Wilson, C. T.
    Voted "Yea" on SB281* floor vote

Peter Murphy (D) - Incumbent now running for commissioners president

You have CT Wilson as voting "Yea", however, according to him and the link below, he voted "NAY".

http://legiscan.com/MD/rollcall/SB281/id/258865

As far as Pete Murphy goes, he was given a "pass" to vote "nay". He is quite ANTI-2A! :tdown:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Updates posted.

• Correction on D28
    • Verified on a few more districts that incumbants are again running for election
    • Added to the TO-DO lists

Thanks all, and apologies on the D28.

No problem, I don't mind at all ! :D

Doing my best ! I'm in it for the long haul, let's take back Maryland !

Great, glad to hear it! Agreed on taking back MD :)

If the many Senate and House races weren't enough to keep you busy, here is a great chance to set Baltimore County back on the road to Liberty.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=149480

Cliff Notes:

Incumbent, R. Jay Fisher, is no friend to gun rights and has a resume touting membership and awards to prove it. He supported FSA2013 and needs to find a new job.

Challenger in the Democratic Primary in June, Ray Boccelli, is a Constitutional candidate. He is a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, unlike the current Baltimore County Sheriff. If Ray was Sheriff now, he would have stood beside other Sheriffs in support of our Second Amendment rights last year.

Thanks! I have added collection of Sheriff info to the TO-DO list.

You have CT Wilson as voting "Yea", however, according to him and the link below, he voted "NAY".

http://legiscan.com/MD/rollcall/SB281/id/258865

As far as Pete Murphy goes, he was given a "pass" to vote "nay". He is quite ANTI-2A! :tdown:

Yeah, I had Murphy as a HB0294 sponsor. That and D28 updated. Thanks for the catch

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    All,

I was off the site for a couple of days. I posted the following in the District 32thread but would like to get it out to the broader audience.

Check out my "Citizens for Tim Walters" Facebook page when you get a moment. Critiques from you guys are always welcome.
    The annual Anne Arundel GOP (AAGOP) Lincoln Reagan Day Celebration event is April 15th. If anyone is interested in attending let me know. I just finished filling a table and if I get 10 people I can get $5 off the ticket price per person. Guest speaker is Reince Priebus (RNC Chairman). The event is at Michael's 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie and will have an open bar and hors d'oeuvres. Contact me for more information or go to http://www.aagop.org/events/lrdc-2014.

Also the District 32 Delegate candidates have been invited to speak at the Linthicum Shipley Improvement Association on the 10th at Lindale Middle School on Andover Rd in Linthicum. We could always use support for that event. This will be the first event where Repubs and Dem candidates will be together. This is important as the two incumbents are from Linthicum and will most likely be there. Good turnout for us will send a huge message.
    With support I personally believe we can take back two of these three seats. With enough support (funds) we can possibly unseat Del Beidle.

Thanks.
    Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Updates posted

• cleanup
    • verification that Incumbents are running for reelection, and placement of them into the correct district
    • updated to todo and done
    • maxed out size of the House post, so footnotes moved to post 4

All,

I was off the site for a couple of days. I posted the following in the District 32thread but would like to get it out to the broader audience.

Check out my "Citizens for Tim Walters" Facebook page when you get a moment. Critiques from you guys are always welcome.
    The annual Anne Arundel GOP (AAGOP) Lincoln Reagan Day Celebration event is April 15th. If anyone is interested in attending let me know. I just finished filling a table and if I get 10 people I can get $5 off the ticket price per person. Guest speaker is Reince Priebus (RNC Chairman). The event is at Michael's 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie and will have an open bar and hors d'oeuvres. Contact me for more information or go to http://www.aagop.org/events/lrdc-2014.

Also the District 32 Delegate candidates have been invited to speak at the Linthicum Shipley Improvement Association on the 10th at Lindale Middle School on Andover Rd in Linthicum. We could always use support for that event. This will be the first event where Repubs and Dem candidates will be together. This is important as the two incumbents are from Linthicum and will most likely be there. Good turnout for us will send a huge message.
    With support I personally believe we can take back two of these three seats. With enough support (funds) we can possibly unseat Del Beidle.

Thanks.
    Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com

Thank you for the additional information. If you have a FB link and want me to post it, please post it up. Apologies if it was already provided; I looked and can't seem to find it.

On the event info - good stuff! I am thinking over how to best get events incorporated into this effort. The OP post sizes are maxing out, so that may be a new thread altogether...

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    On the event info - good stuff! I am thinking over how to best get fundraising events incorporated into this effort. The OP post sizes are maxing out, so that may be a new thread altogether...

Maybe suggest/request those providing information start a thread specific to their district? You could provide a link to the district discussion with plenty of room there for updates, events, news, etc.

While this thread is an outstanding resource and I applaud all your hard work in updating it, expecting one person to cover the whole state will become an exercise in frustration. This community has enough active and informed members to make some sharing of the effort possible.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Maybe suggest/request those providing information start a thread specific to their district? You could provide a link to the district discussion with plenty of room there for updates, events, news, etc.

While this thread is an outstanding resource and I applaud all your hard work in updating it, expecting one person to cover the whole state will become an exercise in frustration. This community has enough active and informed members to make some sharing of the effort possible.

Thanks :) I have been thinking over adding "start a thread" to the "adopt a district" request.

I would like to see 1 place where people could go to see a calendar view of events. From that central location, there could be links to more details events. I know google has public calendars, however I am not sure how practical that would be. I also don't have enough free time to work on that one right now....

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    All,

My fault I did place the information first in my specific District thread but thought it might be helpful for all. It generated a good question. I will post my events in the District 32 thread. Just wanted word out there as I do not see a lot of pols working actively with you guys.

Per your recommendation I am posting my Facebook and website.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Citizens-for-Tim-Walters/1414482268808694

waltersfor32.com

Tim

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    All,

My fault I did place the information first in my specific District thread but thought it might be helpful for all. It generated a good question. I will post my events in the District 32 thread. Just wanted word out there as I do not see a lot of pols working actively with you guys.

Per your recommendation I am posting my Facebook and website.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Citizens-for-Tim-Walters/1414482268808694

waltersfor32.com

Tim

No worries. Fundraising needs to be put out somewhere. I was more just asking for input from others on how we might go about doing that.
    Some have done discussion on separate threads, and some on this one. I guess non-fundraiser stuff is a case by case situaion as some districts have candidates who are running uncontested. In those situations, there is not much to discuss. Anyway, how to best add fundraiser information and events is TBD.

Thanks for the FB link. I will get that added.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    update posted
    SB0364 votes on TODO for Senate.
    SB0212 - "bathroom bill"

Research and votes on Common Core legislation - anybody know the bill numbers? I can't find these on mgaleg.maryland.gov
    Research and votes on Rain Tax legislation - anybody know the bill numbers? I can't find these on mgaleg.maryland.gov

Anybody see how to easily get to the bill activity (votes, amendments, act) info on the http://mgaleg.maryland.gov site? Search on the main page gets you to the bill, if you know the bill number, but I am not seeing how to get to the vote and amendment details.

Last edited:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    cleanup, downsize, and votes for 2014 "bathroom bill" (SB212) and Marijuana Decriminalization (SB364) posted. The House post got maxed out on size again. I am thinking over how to condense information. I may stop color coding and using "list", which should free up a good amount of space

Side note - this morning I tried to get information (votes, etc) on different bills from http://mgaleg.maryland.gov by simply adjusting the URL request, and the results it gave back were not accurate. Oops. Fun stuff

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Interesting fun fact.... Simmons is running for the Senate. He has a democrat opponent.

So if he loses the primary by chance, he is gone. Wouldn't that be a shame?

Another fun fact: Conaway has 9 democrat opponents in his district.

If he lost in the primary, wouldn't that be a shame?

Vallario has 5 democrat opponents in his district... Well, you know the rest.

Dumais has 4 democrat opponents in her district...

Might be a lot more fun to just get a different democrat in actually.

Can you imagine going to their campaign events and talking about that vote reversal last year...? On not allowing criminals to reduce their time served of it was with a gun? Wonder how the folks down there in MoCo would take to that?

I have read the Top 4 posts and some of the others throughout this thread. Has there been any decision made on which opponents to got for? If, for instance there are 4 opponents for Dumais, if we all got for the other 3, Dumais would win. We don't want to split the vote, we want to replace the incumbent.

Apologies if the answer is in there somewhere. It is a great thread, but it needs some direction for the layman.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I have read the Top 4 posts and some of the others throughout this thread. Has there been any decision made on which opponents to got for? If, for instance there are 4 opponents for Dumais, if we all got for the other 3, Dumais would win. We don't want to split the vote, we want to replace the incumbent.

Apologies if the answer is in there somewhere. It is a great thread, but it needs some direction for the layman.

Yes, there is a lot going on here in this thread and much of it could use some good explanations. I will take a shot at an answer, however I am no political process expert. This is my understanding:

On the House of Delegates side (where Dumais is runnning) it is a bit more complicated than the Senate side because there are more seats available. There are a total 3 Delegate seats to be filled. Out of the Primary Election (House side), each party (Democrat and Republican) can put up 3 candidates on the General Election ballot. Any number of candidates can run in the party-specific Primary Election. So for Dumais to loose in the Primary, she must be 1 of the 2 who receive the lowest number of votes out of all 5 primary Democratic candidates. How is it possible to get that result? Good question! I don't have an answer to that one.

Where does DINO come in to play? Have a look over here for more info on that one - http://www.freestatedinos.com/ . The short answer is that Primary Elections are closed in MD. IE - You can only vote for a Democrat in the primary if you are registered as a Democrat.

As for recommendations on DINO strategies, I do not believe any have been made at this point.

Edit: Not sure how the primary works for House districts that have been split into A, B, and C. Based the way on currents districts are set up, there are still only a total of 3 Delegate seats for each Senate seat. http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmmain.aspx?pid=legisrpage&tab=subject6&s=dist

Last edited:

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Feel like an idiot but I need some advice.

I just moved to District 13 and the choices aren't much better than they were in SS but there is light.

According to: http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/primary_candidates/gen_listings_2014_1_ALL.html there are no other democrats running against the incumbents but there is a republican. So my questions are 1) does anyone have information on Judy Venkatesan? This isn't the biggest question as I can google but I'm lazy and like it spoon fed and more importantly 2) as a DINO :puke: how can I help her? Any suggestions on how to frame an email?

Thanks

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I found JODY not Judy Venkatesan in district 13 senate race. In my limited opinion, and from another area of the state, 13 has a large group running for delegate and may give a DINO something to do during the primary. As always, work to unseat those who voted for the FSA 2013 first during the primary, then during the general.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Feel like an idiot but I need some advice.

I just moved to District 13 and the choices aren't much better than they were in SS but there is light.

According to: http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2014/primary_candidates/gen_listings_2014_1_ALL.html there are no other democrats running against the incumbents but there is a republican. So my questions are 1) does anyone have information on Judy Venkatesan? This isn't the biggest question as I can google but I'm lazy and like it spoon fed and more importantly 2) as a DINO :puke: how can I help her? Any suggestions on how to frame an email?

Thanks

For D13, can you contact the Delegates to see where they stand? DINO strategy is possible on the Delegate side for D13, but not on the Senate side. See the links in the OP, which includes one to suggested questions.

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I had the chance to meet with Tim Robinson, Republican candidate for Senator in District 42, and his campaign staff last night.

I had given some very serious thought to the best DINO candidate in this election. Some very savvy and experienced folks seemed to be leaning the same way... that Brochin would be the easiest to defeat in the general election and should get all the DINO support.

I was wrong!

Tim Robinson, the pro-2A Republican candidate, and his campaign advisers all feel that DeJuliis would be easier to defeat. Tim is the "man in the arena," the one actually seeking to be the next Senator from District 42. DeJuliis lacks the name recognition and supports far left policies, making the race a clear choice in a more conservative district.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom