• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishertodd

ΜΟΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    May 12, 2013
    Thomas Wilson is a Republican candidate running for Maryland Senate, District 35. He is very pro-liberty and pro-2A (Strongly opposes SB281 and supports Constitutional Carry) and a summary of his views can be seen here:

2014 Campaign Positions

Restore Liberty / Limit Government:
    • Pro-Bill of Rights and 2A
    • Pro-Life
    • Pro-Small Business
    • Oppose Unconstitutional Infringements at the State and Federal Levels
    • Support Constitutional Local Government
    • Eliminate Wasteful State Spending
    • Repeal Burdensome Taxes (Gas, Rain, etc.)
    • Restore the Rule of Law and Accountability in Government
    • Protect our Laws from Foreign Influences.
    Support Educational Reforms:
    • Implement School Choice and Competition
    • Oppose Common Core
    • Establish Community Education Standards Board
    • Protect our Children
    Our God-Given Rights are NOT Negotiable!​
    And from his homepage at wilsonmdsenate14.com...

The source of our problems in Maryland is obvious. Our legislators and governor have conspired to erode our liberties and infringe upon our constitutional protections. During Maryland General Assembly sessions, they legislate to plunder from the working class to enable wasteful government spending, they over-regulate businesses, and they do further damage to the rule of law and accountability in government. Like you, I have had enough. With more than 25 years of experience as an accomplished business leader and with a firm grasp of American history and an understanding of the original intent of our founders, I am confident that I can bring solutions to bear on solving Maryland’s challenges.

During recent legislative sessions, the citizens of Maryland, along with some very strong public representatives, came out in droves to stand against the numerous attacks on our rights and our wallets. Unfortunately, state conservatives lost. We lost, not because we did not work hard enough or because we did not have the weight of evidence on our side. We lost because we were outnumbered and failed to adequately address the declining culture in our state.

To win, we must take the fight to the strongholds of liberalism within our borders. We have some strong allies within these liberal strongholds, alongside conservative voices. We need to invest time with these people and exchange ideas that will bring forth positive results. Additionally, we need to bring conservative groups together to expand and develop a positive course of action while encouraging conservatives in those areas to run for office.

As your Senator, I plan to serve my state and my district by reducing the support for liberal ideology at its core and standing in defense of conservative ideals and actions. I will invest my time working for conservative causes across Maryland, expanding our voter base, and battling the cultural war where it will be most effective. I also intend to work during the off season to find ways to reduce the size and cost of government, to cut redundant and unnecessary agencies and departments, to improve our educational system, and to encourage alternative educational opportunities for our youth.

Since serving on the Cecil County Republican Central Committee several years ago, I have been burdened to run for public office again. Now that my children are grown, I am finally in a position to step away from my career and devote my time and energies to the cause at hand. I am committing myself to standing against everything that is harming my country and state. John Quincy Adams, speaking to his posterity said “You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.” I am making a commitment to you to work tirelessly for all Maryland citizens and to make good on the sacrifices of our founding generation. I am an American Patriot and I will fight to restore our liberty. Will you join me?

Last edited:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Why isn't Thomas Wilson listed as a Republican candidate running for Maryland Senate, District 35?

Please add him to your Senate District 35 listing.

Because TopShelf depends on people providing input just like you just did. ;)

It's enough for him to keep this thread up. And he's doing one heck if a good job! And so did you, by adding info. :)

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    You got it. What you guys are doing is impressive. I'll support with information as I get it.

Tim

Thank You, and welcome to the fun!

Why isn't Thomas Wilson listed as a Republican candidate running for Maryland Senate, District 35? He is very pro-liberty and pro-2A and a summary of his views can be seen here:

2014 Campaign Positions
    • Restore Liberty / Limit Government

[*]Pro-Bill of Rights and 2A
      [*]Pro-Life
      [*]Pro-Small Business
      [*]Oppose Unconstitutional Infringements at the State and Federal Levels
      [*]Support Constitutional Local Government
      [*]Eliminate Wasteful State Spending
      [*]Repeal Burdensome Taxes (Gas, Rain, etc.)
      [*]Restore the Rule of Law and Accountability in Government
      [*]Protect our Laws from Foreign Influences.​
    • Support Educational Reforms

[*]Implement School Choice and Competition
      [*]Oppose Common Core
      [*]Establish Community Education Standards Board
      [*]Protect our Children​
    Our God-Given Rights are NOT Negotiable!​

Please add him to your Senate District 35 listing.

I have been waiting around for you to post up some info...it's about time! ;) But more seriously, thanks for the post. I have updated the OP. This project is a work in progress. So far, we knew nothing about this candidate. I have mostly only put in candidates we know something about. The overall list is massive, so adding 100% at this point is not so practical.
    Welcome to the fun!

Because TopShelf depends on people providing input just like you just did. ;)

It's enough for him to keep this thread up. And he's doing one heck if a good job! And so did you, by adding info. :)

Thanks! I adjusted the OP to start out with something about this being a work in progress, which apparently was too far down my to-do list for all to notice.
    I also borrowed your adoption idea. I hope you don't mind :)

moojersey - Thanks for posting the questions and replies. I updated the OP's with links to the replies. I also added a link to your questions as an example of what others could use in their research. I hope you don't mind :)

gatopolis11 and moojersey - Thanks for the help! I listed you as doing research on the districts you mentioned. If you want to un-volunteer, just let me know...

fishertodd

ΜΟΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    May 12, 2013
    Thank you TopShelf! I appreciate all the time and effort that you have obviously been committing to this endeavor. It is a great resource to inform mdshooters for the upcoming elections.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Anybody know about "Common Core" (school related)? This is apparently a hot topic and looks to be backed by many of the same legislators who are passing bills to limit gun rigts. IMO, it is past time work together with other groups who would also like to see changes in elected representatives. Thouhts? Rsearch assignmemt: find links to the common core bills so we can add those votes, and hopefully team up with those voters.

Common core article - http://redmaryland.blogspot.com/2014/03/on-common-core-bills-general-assembly.html

Thank you TopShelf! I appreciate all the time and effort that you have obviously been committing to this endeavor. It is a great resource to inform mdshooters for the upcoming elections.

:) Hopefully people will find this information usefull, and get inspired to work on getting some more gun-friendly legislators elected this year!

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Anybody know about "Common Core" (school related)? This is apparently a hot topic and looks to be backed by many of the same legislators who are passing bills to limit gun rigts. IMO, it is past time work together with other groups who would also like to see changes in elected representatives. Thouhts? Rsearch assignmemt: find links to the common core bills so we can add those votes, and hopefully team up with those voters.

Common core article - http://redmaryland.blogspot.com/2014/03/on-common-core-bills-general-assembly.html

:) Hopefully people will find this information usefull, and get inspired to work on getting some more gun-friendly legislators elected this year!

Common core will be a hotspot, for sure... but it's being kept in the dark FTMP, IMO so that people won't see what a Charlie Foxtrot is really is. So, instead, it's being soft-peddled as "support it or you hate children".

I'll see if I can get my wife to chime in on this.

As for the bold, above, I'm so happy to see someone else thinking that.

fishertodd

ΜΟΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    May 12, 2013
    TopShelf, Could you also please add the following to Thomas Wilson's (Maryland Senate, District 35) information:

Endorsed by Gun Rights Across America (GRAA), One Million Moms Against Gun Control (1MMAGC), and Responsibly Armed Citizens of America (RA2)

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Borrowed from post 78 (thanks!), modified a bit, I'm going to send these questions out to the D17 candidates as soon as I have a chance. Covers a bit more than 2A issues, and mixes them up a bit to make sure someone's reading the email. Feel free to borrow, edit, etc.!

{candidate name here};

My name is {name here}. I am a lifelong resident of Montgomery County and am a registered Democrat, voting in district 17. I am interested in your campaign for the State [Senate/House of Delegates] and have a few questions that are important to me, my family, and many of my friends.

What is your general stance regarding the 2nd Amendment?

What do you think about the current gun laws in Maryland as they stand today?

What is your opinion and stance on the passage of SB281 last year?

What is your stance regarding the adoption of the Common Core curriculum with its associated teaching methods and evaluation testing as a mandated standard for Maryland schools?

What is your attitude towards an ordinary citizen’s right to carry a concealed firearm outside of the home for lawful self defense purposes?

What is your position on the implementation of the Affordable Care Act in Maryland?

What level of central supervision or control do you support for health care in general?

Would you support a single-payer system for national or state health care in Maryland?

What is your opinion of the current Maryland State Police policy that a "good and substantial" reason must be proven to obtain a Maryland Concealed Firearm Permit (taking note that they do not deem self defense as a good and substantial reason)?

What do you think about the implementation of the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange, the costs associated with it and the options for replacing it?

Thank you for your time.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Updates posted.

• Info others have provided since my last update.
    • House redistricting cleanup - all future districts should now be listed.
    • Some verification that Delegate incumbents are actually running again, and in what district. I finished through District 12.

Thanks to all!

Common core will be a hotspot, for sure... but it's being kept in the dark FTMP, IMO so that people won't see what a Charlie Foxtrot is really is. So, instead, it's being soft-peddled as "support it or you hate children".

I'll see if I can get my wife to chime in on this.

As for the bold, above, I'm so happy to see someone else thinking that.

I hear parents are upset about Common Core. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one looking to bring together groups who share a common goal :) If we can broaden the message, I feel we will have more success.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Updates posted.

• Info others have provided since my last update.
    • House redistricting cleanup - all future districts should now be listed.
    • Some verification that Delegate incumbents are actually running again, and in what district. I finished through District 12.

Thanks to all!

I hear parents are upset about Common Core. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one looking to bring together groups who share a common goal :) If we can broaden the message, I feel we will have more success.

All of this should come together in a broader election strategy.

IMO, special consideration needs to be given to PG re: education, considering the CF the schools took in 2013 with the takeover of the Board by the County Executive.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

IMO, special consideration needs to be given to PG re: education, considering the CF the schools took in 2013 with the takeover of the Board by the County Executive.

You want a real economy killing CF, just talk to any small business owner about the Rain Tax. I haven't dug into it but I'll bet a box of 22 LR there is a strong correlation of votes for the Rain Tax and FSA2013.

There is more than enough stupid pouring out of Annapolis. People just need to be informed.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012

You want a real economy killing CF, just talk to any small business owner about the Rain Tax. I haven't dug into it but I'll bet a box of 22 LR there is a strong correlation of votes for the Rain Tax and FSA2013.

There is more than enough stupid pouring out of Annapolis. People just need to be informed.

In a word - yep!

I updated the TO-DO list with these items (in no particular order). I suppose another to-do is to prioritize the remaining work... :)

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    From Kevin Hornberger
    Candidate For House of Delegates
    District 35A

* I have his NRA questionnaire as well, PM me if you want a copy. But beware it is like 7 pages long. Bottom line...He is very Pro 2A, supports CCW, opposes SB281.

1. What is your general stance regarding the 2nd Amendment ?
    Pro Second Amendment

2. What do you think about the current gun laws in Maryland as they stand today ?
    Too restrictive.

3. What is your opinion and stance on the passage of SB281 last year ?
    An abomination of what the Founding Fathers intended when the wrote the Bill of Rights.

4. What is your attitude towards an ordinary citizens right to carry a concealed firearm outside of the home for lawful self defense purposes ?
    I am in support of Shall Issue concealed carry.

5. Do you believe that banning guns will lower violence in our communities ?
    Absolutely not.

6. What is your opinion of the current Maryland State Police policy that a "good and substantial" reason must be proven to obtain a Maryland Concealed Firearm Permit (taking note that they do not deem self defense as a good and substantial reason) ?

It is bogus, the Sheriff's department should administer concealed carry permits to prevent state wide list. If you can legally purchase a handgun that you should be able to conceal carry.

Thank you for your time.

Some additional thoughts:

I have attached my completed questionnaire for the NRA-PVF. This should answer any questions you might have in the future pertaining to my stance on Second Amendment Rights.

When elected I will work diligently to protect our God given rights. Thanks for contacting me about this important upcoming race and I apologize for the delay of response.

Kevin Hornberger

Here is the link to my Facebook Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/ElectHornberger

P.S. I encourage you show up at the polls on June 24th for the Primary Election and make your voice heard!

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    From Teresa Reilly
    Candidate for House of Delegates
    District 35B

*Good answers, pro 2A, supports CCW, opposes SB281

Question 1 What is your general stance regarding the 2nd Amendment ?

I firmly support the 2nd amendment. Our country was founded on this principle. My husband is a retired police officer and I heard firsthand that protecting yourself, your love ones, and your property the police cannot do by themselves. I do not hunt, but I support my husband and his hunting activities as well as his sport shooting. I have attended many fundraisers supporting the NRA and local gun clubs. When it comes to the 2nd amendment I will vote to protect that basic right that our founding fathers fought and died for. I would consider it my duty. Guarding our liberties is more important than guarding our pocketbook. I will however guard both.

Question 2 What do you think about the current gun laws in Maryland as they stand today ?

They are unconstitutional and I will work with both parties to round up votes to overturn them.

Question 3 What is your opinion and stance on the passage of SB281 last year ?

I am 100% opposed to SB281. I again will work to overturn all current bills and kill future bills that erodes our liberties including SB281.

Question 4 What is your attitude towards an ordinary citizens right to carry a concealed firearm outside of the home for lawful self defense purposes ?

I again firmly believe in the right to carry. It is again a basic right that our founding fathers fought and died for. It is not a trivial right but one that empowers the citizens against those that would bring harm.

Question 5 Do you believe that banning guns will lower violence in our communities ?

Banning guns in our communities does just the opposite. Our city is a war zone because of this lack of understanding by our current majority of politicians. Making laws eroding gun rights is unconstitutional and takes the gun out of the law abiding citizen not the crook.

Question 6 What is your opinion of the current Maryland State Police policy that a "good and substantial" reason must be proven to obtain a Maryland Concealed Firearm Permit (taking note that they do not deem self defense as a good and substantial reason) ?

The good and substantial reason should be given to denied a Maryland Concealed Firearm Permit not obtain one. The majority of politician have this backwards as well. We need folks in Annapolis that will work to reverse this lack of common sense and lack of understanding our liberties.

Teresa Reilly
    Candidate for Delegate 35B
    www.teresareillyfordelegate.com
    443-807-3453

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    moojersey - Thanks for posting the questions and replies. I updated the OP's with links to the replies. I also added a link to your questions as an example of what others could use in their research. I hope you don't mind

No problem, I don't mind at all ! :D

atopolis11 and moojersey - Thanks for the help! I listed you as doing research on the districts you mentioned. If you want to un-volunteer, just let me know...

Doing my best ! I'm in it for the long haul, let's take back Maryland !

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    DINO opportunity in Baltimore County Sheriff Race

If the many Senate and House races weren't enough to keep you busy, here is a great chance to set Baltimore County back on the road to Liberty.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=149480

Cliff Notes:

Incumbent, R. Jay Fisher, is no friend to gun rights and has a resume touting membership and awards to prove it. He supported FSA2013 and needs to find a new job.

Challenger in the Democratic Primary in June, Ray Boccelli, is a Constitutional candidate. He is a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, unlike the current Baltimore County Sheriff. If Ray was Sheriff now, he would have stood beside other Sheriffs in support of our Second Amendment rights last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom