• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    Here's a link to the background of the jurors. So apparently my memory is skewed.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/meet-the-zimmerman-trial-jurors/

Juror B29: No noted experience.

Juror B37: Used to have a CCW but let it expire.

Juror B76: Doesn't own guns but several close family members do.

Juror B51: No noted experience.

Juror E6: In a family full of guns and has shot at the range in the past.

Juror E40: Family member owns guns and recognized that bearing a gun comes with responsibilities.

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2012
    Actually yes, I'm a certified security guard and work in 7 separate condominium and town home communities in Greenbelt MD, I deal with countless suspicious characters walking through each of my communities daily, I'm also licensed in the asp baton, oc spray, and handcuffs

Good. I'm glad to hear that you are actively involved in your community. This doesn't happen enough these days. So, just to better understand your previous statement, when you see suspicious characters in your area, you don't follow them to see what they are up to? Isn't that part of what a security guard does? I'm asking as a non-security guard with no experience being one.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Good. I'm glad to hear that you are actively involved in your community. This doesn't happen enough these days. So, just to better understand your previous statement, when you see suspicious characters in your area, you don't follow them to see what they are up to? Isn't that part of what a security guard does? I'm asking as a non-security guard with no experience being one.
    Well you have to establish what characterizes them as suspicious, but being a black male in a hoodie walking at night isn't enough as that's 90% of greenbelt, if its a simple case of trespassing I'd approach them cautiously and kindly ask them what their business was on the property, if they didn't live here or had no business here I'd inform them that trespassing is an arrestable offense and to move their business elsewhere, anything more serious than that I'd maintain a safe distance, phone the police and wait for them to arrive, most cases people respond how you respond, I've honestly had someone cuss me out maybe 5 times in 5 years, and I've only had to go hands on twice but those both involved pcp

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Oh and to add I'm uniformed and announce myself when approaching someone, so ive already established who I am and what my position is when approaching someone

Oct 11, 2012
    Well you have to establish what characterizes them as suspicious, but being a black male in a hoodie walking at night isn't enough as that's 90% of greenbelt, if its a simple case of trespassing I'd approach them cautiously and kindly ask them what their business was on the property, if they didn't live here or had no business here I'd inform them that trespassing is an arrestable offense and to move their business elsewhere, anything more serious than that I'd maintain a safe distance, phone the police and wait for them to arrive, most cases people respond how you respond, I've honestly had someone cuss me out maybe 5 times in 5 years, and I've only had to go hands on twice but those both involved pcp

Okay, so assuming TM was suspicious (according to GZ, he was walking close to houses and looking in windows), then it would be appropriate to gather more information as to what TM was up to, right?

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    So you do follow suspicious people?

Depends on the circumstances, if they were heading into one of the condo buildings yes, if they were walking down a path/sidewalk I'd call the police and try to maintain a visual from my vehicle till police arrived then assist them in persuit

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    hmmm, don't see a grown man in a suit skipping and singing "tra-la-la" in a courtroom too often...

"the truth does not lie!!"......bwahaha this prosecution is brilliant.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Gotta love how most of BDLR's closing is simply replaying the evidentiary statements. Guess the State does not have much to say other than (paraphrasing, not a direct quote) "you might be a racist if you don't believe Rachel".

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I think the point I'm making is being misconstrued, lets look at this with some common sense, GZ wasn't assaulted and beaten at the door of his vehicle, he left his vehicle and persued TM down a dark pathway, when he lost sight of TM is when he (TM) doubled back and assaulted GZ, I'm saying GZ put himself in a position to become a victim, I'm sorry I don't go following suspicious people and I'm 6'6" 280lbs and an accomplished wrestler and still wouldn't put myself in that position

If you don't want to get raped and are an attractive woman, don't dress in skimpy clothes and go drinking at parties.

If you don't want to have your house burglarized, don't have a house with nice things in it.

If you didn't want your identity stolen you should never shop online or pay for anything using anything but cash.

GZ is the ACTUAL VICTIM in this situation. He was doing something to make his neighborhood safer. It's possible to carry a firearm without the intent to murder or kill. That's kind of the point. It's a rescue tool to save yourself.

Don't point fingers at the man who obviously was in danger and did what he had to do. He showed concern and sadness that he killed TM based on testimony from the police who interviewed him.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Ok guys I've never undermined the fact that he's the victim, only the circumstances that led up to that point, so lets just agree to disagree

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Whatever the verdict, GZ's life is messed up and the average citizen will certainly be less inclined to become involved in crime prevention.

Thanks Florida.

Sad state of affairs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads