• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    I think the point I'm making is being misconstrued, lets look at this with some common sense, GZ wasn't assaulted and beaten at the door of his vehicle, he left his vehicle and persued TM down a dark pathway, when he lost sight of TM is when he (TM) doubled back and assaulted GZ, I'm saying GZ put himself in a position to become a victim, I'm sorry I don't go following suspicious people and I'm 6'6" 280lbs and an accomplished wrestler and still wouldn't put myself in that position

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Not feeling too good about the manslaughter charges... They might get him on that, BS in my book, but they might. I wonder if the fine, upstanding citizens in urban areas across the country will be satisfied with Invol Manslaughter?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I think the point I'm making is being misconstrued, lets look at this with some common sense, GZ wasn't assaulted and beaten at the door of his vehicle, he left his vehicle and persued TM down a dark pathway, when he lost sight of TM is when he (TM) doubled back and assaulted GZ, I'm saying GZ put himself in a position to become a victim, I'm sorry I don't go following suspicious people and I'm 6'6" 280lbs and an accomplished wrestler and still wouldn't put myself in that position

He was an active member of the neighborhood watch. His job was to be able to give police as much info and direct them to where the perp is. He did that, upon receiving the statement to stop from the dispatcher he stopped.

I could then argue that police put themselves in the same danger GZ did.

GZ was in a sanctioned Neighborhood Watch program.

The fact GZ knew he was carrying gave him more "bravery" to do what he needed to.

Just because someone does what he is supposed to an is reassured by his saftey does not mean he did the wrong thing. If this was outside his neighborhood I could see your argument as a vigillente.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    This guys fate will come down to whether or not the jury thinks he acted in self defense. If he did, he'll be clear of all charges. If not, he'll probably be convicted of Manslaughter.

If the evidence against TM was admitted, I don't think the jury would have ANY doubt about what happened.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011

Seems to me that based on that logic, TM also put himself in the position to become a victim. (Apparently he was better at being one in the end.)

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I had to turn it off. I was about to throw something at the TV.

Manslaughter is likely.

Jury of women will view it as a compromise after they ask themselves why GZ didn't just "wing" Trademark. He was only 17, not armed, etc.

Oct 11, 2012
    I had to turn it off. I was about to throw something at the TV.

Manslaughter is likely.

Jury of women will view it as a compromise after they ask themselves why GZ didn't just "wing" Trademark. He was only 17, not armed, etc.

I'm not so sure about this. If I remember correctly, most of the women are either CCW holders or have experience with shooting guns. Assuming their training is similar to mine, then they know that if you ever have to pull a gun, you shoot to kill.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I'm not so sure about this. If I remember correctly, most of the women are either CCW holders or have experience with shooting guns. Assuming their training is similar to mine, then they know that if you ever have to pull a gun, you shoot to kill.

Has this been reported somewhere? I never saw it.

I was wondering what type of training/firearms experience the jurors had. I think this will be huge.

Oct 11, 2012

Are you part of a neighborhood watch program? Has your community been broken into a lot recently with a number of suspicious people around?

GZ was doing exactly what he was supposed to do. Gather as much information as he safely could for when the police arrived.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This guys fate will come down to whether or not the jury thinks he acted in self defense. If he did, he'll be clear of all charges. If not, he'll probably be convicted of Manslaughter.

If the evidence against TM was admitted, I don't think the jury would have ANY doubt about what happened.
    I think it's pretty clear that he acted in self-defense - he had a broken nose, black eyes, lacerations, contusions and swelling on the back of his head, blood streaming out of his nose, and TBM had nothing except for the GSW that ended his life, and an abrasions on his hands, presumably from pummeling GZ into a pulp.

It seems pretty clear to me that no matter what started the altercation, GZ fired the gun in self-defense.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

The trial is about law, not logic. It is not illegal to follow someone.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I think it's pretty clear that he acted in self-defense - he had a broken nose, black eyes, lacerations, contusions and swelling on the back of his head, blood streaming out of his nose, and TBM had nothing except for the GSW that ended his life, and an abrasions on his hands, presumably from pummeling GZ into a pulp.

It seems pretty clear to me that no matter what started the altercation, GZ fired the gun in self-defense.

:beer:

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Are you part of a neighborhood watch program? Has your community been broken into a lot recently with a number of suspicious people around?

GZ was doing exactly what he was supposed to do. Gather as much information as he safely could for when the police arrived.
    Actually yes, I'm a certified security guard and work in 7 separate condominium and town home communities in Greenbelt MD, I deal with countless suspicious characters walking through each of my communities daily, I'm also licensed in the asp baton, oc spray, and handcuffs

netcentry

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore, MD

I cant believe how cowardly people in this country has become to not take any responsibility in their community anymore.

I guess its liberal minded to tell people to mind their own business, leave criminals and thugs to be free in society to do harm and damage, to not care what happens to your neighborhood, or neighbors. Too many people grew up wearing seat belts while riding in cars, helmets while riding bikes, knee pads while roller skating, full safety gear while playing sports. Now even people over 6 foot and 200 pounds are scared to care about their neighborhood and society. No offense intended to BIGCHRISS197, but its just an eye opener.

Consider the UK hacking incident, where people just watched a military person being hacked to death by a couple of thugs with kitchen knives. Cowards!

Oct 11, 2012
    Has this been reported somewhere? I never saw it.

I was wondering what type of training/firearms experience the jurors had. I think this will be huge.

Here's a link to the background of the jurors. So apparently my memory is skewed.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/meet-the-zimmerman-trial-jurors/

Juror B29: No noted experience.

Juror B37: Used to have a CCW but let it expire.

Juror B76: Doesn't own guns but several close family members do.

Juror B51: No noted experience.

Juror E6: In a family full of guns and has shot at the range in the past.

Juror E40: Family member owns guns and recognized that bearing a gun comes with responsibilities.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013

I couldn't agree more

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    I cant believe how cowardly people in this country has become to not take any responsibility in their community anymore.

I guess its liberal minded to tell people to mind their own business, leave criminals and thugs to be free in society to do harm and damage, to not care what happens to your neighborhood, or neighbors. Too many people grew up wearing seat belts while riding in cars, helmets while riding bikes, knee pads while roller skating, full safety gear while playing sports. Now even people over 6 foot and 200 pounds are scared to care about their neighborhood and society. No offense intended to BIGCHRISS197, but its just an eye opener.

Consider the UK hacking incident, where people just watched a military person being hacked to death by a couple of thugs with kitchen knives. Cowards!

I don't disagree with you it, but if you don't become a victim then you're persecuted for the actions you took to avoid becoming the victim, it is a sad and pitiful time we live in

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom