• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ghost writing for Mr. Branca ...

Since it looks as though this thread has taken on a life of it's own, I thought that I would bring it back on track with the lastest post on LegalInsurrection.com.

Soap in a sponge: The enduring myth that George Zimmerman was told not to get out of his car

William A. Jacobson, Clinical Professor of Law at Cornell Law School absolutely DESTROYS the meme that Zimmerman was ordered, instructed, or told not to get out of his car by the 911 operator. His thorough research and analysis has resulted in rewrites in Washington Post and Bloomberg's BusinessWeek columns.

Anyone here on MDS would be well served to continue following the Zimmerman case (as well as others of national import) on their blog. It's now one of my 'go to' sources for legal analysis as applied to today's headlines. Great 'ammo' for those online 'discussions' in the comments section of WaPo and the BaltimoreSunpapers.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It's kind of a moot point at this stage - Zimmerman was rightfully acquitted, and for all of the whining, protesting and gnashing of teeth going on right now, there is almost no chance that any kind of further legal action will gain any kind of traction in light of the fact that the shooting was deemed to be self-defense, and there's no evidence that any of it was racially motivated.

When you've got Alan Dershowitz saying that the verdict was the right verdict, and openly accusing the prosecution team of legal misconduct, it seems pretty open and shut to me.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Angela Cory calling up Harvard and threatening them with a lawsuit if they didn't fire Alan Dershowitz was HILARIOUS. Even more stupid is that she was talking to a low level staffer, because the Dean would not get on the phone with her.

Angela Corey's MO of using state resources to viciously attack her detractors is well known. Check out Dershowitz scathing review of Cory. I read it as a dare for her to go after him. He has called for her firing and or disbarment. When such a bold call to action comes from Alan Dershowitz, it means something.

This is one woman who I will enjoy watching go down in flames. She really puts the "C" in customer service.

g_mars

Mar 22, 2013
    It's kind of a moot point at this stage - Zimmerman was rightfully acquitted, and for all of the whining, protesting and gnashing of teeth going on right now, there is almost no chance that any kind of further legal action will gain any kind of traction in light of the fact that the shooting was deemed to be self-defense, and there's no evidence that any of it was racially motivated.

When you've got Alan Dershowitz saying that the verdict was the right verdict, and openly accusing the prosecution team of legal misconduct, it seems pretty open and shut to me.

^^^ This.

I think the clamor will die off on it's own in a couple weeks anyway, considering the public attention span these days. Just ask Kony.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    In an obvious attempt to remain relevant, music star Stevie Wonder declares "until the 'stand your ground' law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again." He and thousands of others have demonstrated that they know absolutely nothing about this case nor about self defense law; if they did, they would know that the 'stand your ground' law had about as much to do with the Zimmerman trial as washed-up celebrities have to do with American politics.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/stevie-wonder-wont-perform-florida-because-stand-ground-174423563.html
    Who?

Did you see Stevie Wonder's new house? Neither did he.

Shouldn't someone tell Stevie Wonder he's got a macrame plant holder on his head?

Until Maryland goes Shall Issue, I will never attend a Stevie Wonder concert in Florida. Or Maryland.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    In an obvious attempt to remain relevant, music star Stevie Wonder declares "until the 'stand your ground' law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again." He and thousands of others have demonstrated that they know absolutely nothing about this case nor about self defense law; if they did, they would know that the 'stand your ground' law had about as much to do with the Zimmerman trial as washed-up celebrities have to do with American politics.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/stevie-wonder-wont-perform-florida-because-stand-ground-174423563.html

He can't see the forest or the trees.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Until Maryland goes Shall Issue, I will never attend a Stevie Wonder concert in Florida. Or Maryland.
    I probably will never attend a Stevie Wonder concert regardless, but especially not now that he has shown himself to be a pompous, pontificating, ignorant ass.

It's like Susan Sarandon - fine actress, right? Then she had to open her ignorant yap and spew off about things that in her little sheltered world, she's pretty clueless about. My wife won't watch any movie she's in except for "Step Mom," and only then because her character DIES at the end! :lol2:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I probably will never attend a Stevie Wonder concert regardless, but especially not now that he has shown himself to be a pompous, pontificating, ignorant ass.

It's like Susan Sarandon - fine actress, right? Then she had to open her ignorant yap and spew off about things that in her little sheltered world, she's pretty clueless about. My wife won't watch any movie she's in except for "Step Mom," and only then because her character DIES at the end! :lol2:

I know there are people that can separate an actor's politics from their good performances on screen. I have difficulty in doing so. I know one day I'm going to just chuck my flat screens in the dumpster.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I know there are people that can separate an actor's politics from their good performances on screen. I have difficulty in doing so. I know one day I'm going to just chuck my flat screens in the dumpster.
    That's one of the reasons why I still like Brad Pitt - he doesn't yap, he simply acts in the ways he believes to be right that support his political beliefs. I've always enjoyed this quote from him:

"You shouldn't speak until you know what you're talking about. That's why I get uncomfortable with interviews. Reporters ask me what I feel China should do about Tibet. Who cares what I think China should do? I'm a f***ing actor! They hand me a script. I act. I'm here for entertainment. Basically, when you whittle everything away, I'm a grown man who puts on makeup." -- Brad Pitt

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    This coming from the genius who through a piss fit over that Ethiopian "We are the World" song.

Wonder insisted to salute Ethiopia that a verse be sung in Swahili. Bob Geldof was finally able to convince "Mr. Africa" that Ethiopians don't speak Swahili.

You can be blind, talented and stupid.

Its interesting to note that Amharas do not even consider themselves black. They view themselves as Semites.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    Lupe Fiasco, a rapper (yes, a rapper) from Chicago tweeted this after the verdict:

Nobody knows what really happened except trayvon and Zimmerman. The justice system relies on reasonable doubt not our emotions.
    Unfortunately he got flamed for saying this.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    The irony of stevie wonder not doing a concert is that he is alienating his own race. He is only hurting himself and his fans.

Sooooo couldn't his handlers just tell him he was in, say, Idaho if he were playing in Florida? Stevie would be happy, his accountants would be happy and his fans would be happy.
    Just sayin'...

Last edited:

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Sad, but the cartoon says it best....

The-Unknown-590-LI.jpg

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I am beginning to realize the futility of arguing facts with people who are media-brainwashed. There is an invisible barrier surrounding them which is impervious to facts, logic and truth. It''s like they have been drugged or something.

Better to realize it late than never.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Hmm, wonder if DoJ will also try to place a stranglehold on any NICS applications GZ attempts in the near future...

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Just an opinion:
    Zimmerman is a wimp. Zimmerman walked into a set of circumstance that he could not handle, and furthermore, subjectively was not trained to handle. Zimmerman likely came across as being overly demanding. Trayvon being a TEEN did what all teens do, revolt from what he perceived to be an idiot over stepping his bounds. They got into a scuffle, Trayvon Martin was getting the best of Zimmerman – basically kicking his ass and the wimp Zimmerman pulled his firearm and shot Trayvon.
    Why was Zimmerman carrying his firearm while in the process of protecting others? We all know a CCW is worn to protect self and family from unknown evil. However, Zimmerman was in a “specific policing type role” as a neighborhood watch person, he was in a role of protecting others! Majority of Neighborhood watch programs – like neighborhood security patrols do not permit their personnel to carry firearms. So, the question: What is the policy of Zimmerman’s neighborhood watch? Did they grant Zimmerman permission to carry a firearm while in the "role" of neighborhood watch? If they permitted Zimmerman to carry his firearm while in the "role" of neighborhood watch, then they should have made sure he was properly trained to handle confrontations.

It's a moot point now, but perhaps liability can be brought onto the Community Association for lack of oversight in their neighborhood watch program.

Oh, this is definitely not a race issue! Someone, please explain it to the NAACP and the other race feeding organizations who simply pressure politicians to maintain their existence. Any organization that specifically supports a single race should be disbanded. The NAACP needs to change its name, and offer assistance to all deprived people of all races.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just an opinion:
    Zimmerman is a wimp. Zimmerman walked into a set of circumstance that he could not handle, and furthermore, subjectively was not trained to handle. Zimmerman likely came across as being overly demanding. Trayvon being a TEEN did what all teens do, revolt from what he perceived to be an idiot over stepping his bounds. They got into a scuffle, Trayvon Martin was getting the best of Zimmerman – basically kicking his ass and the wimp Zimmerman pulled his firearm and shot Trayvon.

I guess Zimmerman should have just taken his beating like a man especially the part where his head was being smashed on concrete.

Anyways here is a good article that was on yahoo..

http://news.yahoo.com/black-americas-real-problem-isnt-white-racism-070000529.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom