• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    Ok Folks, I am sure that this has probably been put out there already but I cnat seem to locate the threads..
    Whom are you looking at for this election in the Cecil and Harford counties.
    and why?
    thanks
    FM

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Only thing I got right now is

Anyone but Smigiel . Still researching the other offices/ candidates

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Dan Slater for Sheriff. He is a 100% 2nd Amendment LEO. Chris

I've meet Slater on occasion, mainly at Wawa in North East. This is the kind of guy I want in that position. NORMAL DUDE, not a politician, not a bullshitter. This is a cop you don't cringe when making contact with, he's not too cool for the room, very approachable.

As far as the other candidates for other offices, no clue, Elkton is a screwed up place the last few years, one more methadone clinic and they'll outnumber the gas stations in town. :sad20:

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    2 reason

1 cause he is an @ss

2 any Republican in CC is going to be pro gun

Let's just say he's Motivated, sometimes a little too much and in the wrong direction but his heart is in it. More then can be said for most of sheepies sitting down there in Annapolis that listen only to their bosses as we well know given last year.

Any Cecil County Republican being 100% pro gun, I don't know look at our county council. Some silly stuff was floated there by a Republican. Quick response from the shooting community stopped them from doing something stupid.

Chris

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Let's just say he's Motivated, sometimes a little too much and in the wrong direction but his heart is in it. More then can be said for most of sheepies sitting down there in Annapolis that listen only to their bosses as we well know given last year.

Any Cecil County Republican being 100% pro gun, I don't know look at our county council. Some silly stuff was floated there by a Republican. Quick response from the shooting community stopped them from doing something stupid.

Chris
    Some are just RINO's remember what Tara Moore did?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    They flip flop parties as much as their promises/values. When it comes down to it most modern politician are a scumbags. Chris

That is why we need to stop thinking Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, etc. and start thinking Conservative Gun Owner and be willing to switch our parties as fast as they do. Operation DINO.:thumbsup:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm registered Democrat, to vote in a primary in around 2002, local business person I knew was running for County Commissioner. I was a DINO before there even was such a thing.

He lost, I never switched, doesn't make a difference to me.

Last edited:

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Been doing my own research for a while now.

I like Scott Adams for Sheriff.

Either of the State Senators seem fine, but I'll most likely go with Wayne Norman.

Delegate (I'm 35A) will be either Hornberger or Podlesak. I like that Podlesak is pro militia. I talked to her on the phone for awhile, very interesting / cool lady.

jjfcars

Jan 25, 2013
    cecil
    For state senator look at Tom Wilson, from cecil county. Check him out see what he stands for. I think the best man for the job. Check his Facebook page. Lets support our own from cecil county. District 35.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    For those in the new district with David Rudolph as your current House rep, you need to do anything to get rid of him. He will say he voted against 281, which he was allowed to do by his bosses. But he voted NO on every amendment that was beneficial to our side. And Yes on the others. He needs to go. Chris

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Only thing I got right now is

Anyone but Smigiel . Still researching the other offices/ candidates

2 reason

1 cause he is an @ss

2 any Republican in CC is going to be pro gun

Frogman is mad at MSI and others apparently because we wouldnt sign his petition to put sb281 up for referendum.

apparantly he believes the best message to send to the anti gun democrats in this state, is that we will eat our own everytime they pass gun control.

he's just too smart for the rest of us to understand.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Frogman is mad at MSI and others apparently because we wouldnt sign his petition to put sb281 up for referendum.

apparantly he believes the best message to send to the anti gun democrats in this state, is that we will eat our own everytime they pass gun control.

We have been to referendum before and lost because the vote in the big three was told how to vote. I still think that all politics is local, we send the right people to Annapolis and DC, we then at least have a chance to stop or backtrack some or all of the crap that has been cramped down our throats. Need to make sure the new people know we are the ones who took the others out and put them in. And as we are trying to swing votes away from the current crew, we don't have to just talk the 2nd, we need to pin point what else bad they voted on. Easy stuff like Rain Tax, HealthCare MD, Increase in Fees at all levels and whatever else effects the local people. Chris

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

you couldn't be the furthest from the truth , my hatred for Mike goes well before that. Hoping this will be his last year in politics. But for MSI you are correct, they haven't done anything for this state and where telling people not to sign it just to swell their membership

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom