• AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    From Ron Young's FB Page:

Status Update
    By Ron Young
    SATURDAY: Join me, Senator Frosh and Delegate Clagett in a town hall discussion of the recently passed gun legislation.

When: Saturday, April 27 10AM - noon
    Where: Urbana Regional Library - 9202 Amelung Street

Share your voice and help prevent gun violence. See you there!

Let's get 'em! :mad54:

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Remember, at this point we don't need the carpet bombing of vocal, mass numbers to influence legislators so much as we need the precision strike of thoughtful, one-on-one interactions to influence individuals.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Remember, at this point we don't need the carpet bombing of vocal, mass numbers to influence legislators so much as we need the precision strike of thoughtful, one-on-one interactions to influence individuals.

Can someone show up with a video camera?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I am thinking no demonstration but to get in there and ask questions about other things that people hate first such as the rain tax and the other crap he voted for. Ask why he did not support an amendment for tougher restrictions on gun crimes, etc.

I think trying to "fight" the issue wont work I think hitting him with the common sense things he did / did not do will make it work.

At this point IMO the best option is to have the people hear the crap he has/ has not done then "complain" about the gun law. We have the law suit in process objective now should be to get the three out.

Hope that makes sense. Use it an opportunity for open forum rather then try to do the gun talk.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Frosh is there because Young and Clagett don't understand firearms or the bill. Neither one could put together 2 words to support their positions.

Frosh probably will be there for Frosh -- to kick off his campaign for attorney general -- and importantly, to dazzle folks with how uniquely qualified he would be to enforce the bill and establish sweeping interpretations and case law as AG, to protect the children. Why else have a town hall about that? It already passed. This is the next phase of criminalizing law abiding citizens.

He already said he wants to be AG so he can have the bully pulpit. Gosh, I thought our society was in a big push to try to eliminate bullying. Does bullying now protect the children? Is that a good example? Maybe the AG shouldn't be a bully, as he already proved himself to be this session.

I can't make it, but hope current laws are addressed - why they aren't being enforced, and why is the new one needed if the current ones aren't tried first, and proven to be ineffective. That wasn't addressed in the hearings. Does he really think a gang leader's or drug dealer's doped-up, straw purchasing girlfriend will feel dis-inclined to give up her finger prints, when she already has to sign 4 statements and authorizations under oath, including 2 about straw purchases? I wonder how many straw purchasers have been investigated and prosecuted to conviction and sentences, including time, not just PBJ or nolle prosequi? Precious few, if any, I bet.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    People going should ask smart questions about how this bill protects them.

Leave the constitutional rights/nazism/etc out.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    People need to ask what statistics were used to determine that these new infringements will protect the normal, law abiding citizen.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    People going should ask smart questions about how this bill protects them.

Leave the constitutional rights/nazism/etc out.

Exactly. Ask what this bill does to stop crooks from breaking in to a house and stealing somebody's personally owned firearm. Ask what this bill does to stop criminals from buying firearms from each other on the street corner. Ask what this bill does to punish gangbangers and drug dealers in Baltimore who kill six year olds during drive-by shootings... and then if you think the crowd is right for it, ask why the Legislature, under Frosh and O'Malley's guidance, rejected amendments to get tough on gun crime.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I wonder if they planned this on purpose the same day as a regional gun show?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Frosh is there because Young and Clagett don't understand firearms or the bill. Neither one could put together 2 words to support their positions.

lol - and you think Frosh understands firearms? Hand him a gun and he would probably shoot his foot off at best, and possible kill several people by accident. Assuming of course that he would know how to load it. I now understand their motivation. They are trying to pass this stuff to save themselves from themselves.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Exactly. Ask what this bill does to stop crooks from breaking in to a house and stealing somebody's personally owned firearm. Ask what this bill does to stop criminals from buying firearms from each other on the street corner. Ask what this bill does to punish gangbangers and drug dealers in Baltimore who kill six year olds during drive-by shootings... and then if you think the crowd is right for it, ask why the Legislature, under Frosh and O'Malley's guidance, rejected amendments to get tough on gun crime.

Don't forget to ask how this bill will prevent people from bringing illegal guns into Maryland just like illegal drugs.

mgagne77

MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2012
    Maryland
    Surprised this thread does not have more discussion. I hope it means we have many coming to face one of many who voted to take our rights away. I look forward to it. Hope to see you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom