• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Today's (Sat) Wall St Journal had a really favorable editorial about the SCOTUS pronouncements regarding our 2A rights, and the behavior of several state legislatures, flying in the face of the Supremes' determinations. They noted the general panting lapdog nature of the media on the topic.

Nice to see some mainstream media attention based on rational viewpoints.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I'm not saying their "in on it".

I'm saying that a series of gun related questions based on the observation of a target stand in not in keeping with a free society.

I travel with the target stand in my truck at all times because it's made of steel tubing and it's heavy as hell. 99.99 percent of the time my truck is a gun free zone.

Should I now have to remove my target stand for fear of alarm bells going off everytime a police officer or a neighbor or joe and jane citizen sees it?

I can hear it now.

Honey, did you see that target stand? I sure did. Honey, maybe we should call the police. Look, Dear, maybe he just likes target shooting. I know, but why does he have to practice so much? I don't know, Dear. But, Honey, little Cindy is starting school next year and I don't want people "like that" running around. OK, Dear, we'll call the police if it means that much to you.

Presto! One child saved.

This is where we are heading.

And seatbelt laws and helmet laws and speed cameras and all manner of unmarked police vehicles is people control too.

Just say'in.

P.S. Not running away. Just walking around with my eyes open.

No every time its a false search you create a test case to establish that it is not probable cause. The trend is now back in our favor...

Gun ownership is taking off... the libs are panicking...

Do give up just yet...

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Don't you know they love sitting their listening to every conversation your teenage daughter has or monitoring you sitting on domino's pizza tracker?

But they will be keeping each and every giggle, along with the credit card transaction you use to get your pizza. If your daughter becomes a person of interest, you can bet that every cell phone call will be pulled from archive and reviewed. If they want to know where you were, they will check the time, date and delivery location of your order.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Hey Brooklyn,

I don't want to be a probable cause test case.

What are you talking about?

Let's all get arrested on trumpped-up charges?

Let's all have no-knock warrants served on us?

Let's all get locked up for no good reason at all?

Let's all get public defenders because we can't afford high-end lawyers?

I have an idea.

YOU load YOUR car with all manner of weaponry and ammo, blow down the road at a hundred and thirty, mouth off to the cop that pulls you over, and punch him the head when he tries to search your car. Just make sure he gets it on his dash-cam so you'll have court evidence.

Come on, take one for the team. We need all the probable cause test cases we can get.

Maybe we can get the sentence reduced from 15 years to 6 years while you're sitting in Federal Pound Me In The A$$ Prison.

As for ME, I just want to be left alone.

Last edited:

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The sad thing is he's not too far off from being 100% right. I'm living proof of it happening and am in the fight of my life not to go to jail.

...Now I don't want nobody puttin' out sensitive information on the internet or anything, but you can't really say something like that without explaining/story telling afterwards... :rolleyes:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The FBI went after Wiebe and Binney, and tried to prosecute them as treasonous "leaks". Who has been prosecuted for the warrantless wiretaps? They continue still, and will be expanded. We're being surveilled by drones now, too.

No, the FBI went after the whistleblowers because somebody working on Trailblazer got their panties in a wad, due to Trailblazer being shut down. The whistleblowers went to DoD OIG before Trailblazer was active. DoD OIG was the entity that shut down Trailblazer, because of the possible violations of Section 702.

The person that got their panties in a wad, happened to release false information to the FBI about the whistleblowers to enact revenge for having their project shut down. It was nothing more than somebody getting slapped down by DoD OIG, and then retaliating against the whistleblowers after they did the right thing. The person(s) that leaked the false information claimed that the whistleblowers were taking classified information out of the agency and/or keeping classified materials on their personal computers at home. That is why the FBI did the no knock warrants on their houses and seized anything that had a microchip in it. The FBI was looking for the classified information that was never there to begin with. Even after all these years they haven't been able to find any trace of said classified information, because they never had it on their personal computers.

What the whistleblowers did was lawfully correct. What the person(s) did when they gave false info to the FBI is illegal and they just wanted to settle a grudge. Nothing more.

I will say it again. If you don't personally know somebody that works at NSA, you don't know what has actually happened other than the crap that the media spins to suit their needs. The media does that to paint the NSA as some evil monster and all the people working there are infringing on the rights of US citizens. The NSA couldn't give a damn about your late night calls to the pizza shop, so chill out Francis.

Jackalope

...Now I don't want nobody puttin' out sensitive information on the internet or anything, but you can't really say something like that without explaining/story telling afterwards... :rolleyes:

Let me wait till at least after my pre-trial hearing to see if they want any jail time or if the whole BS thing can be made to go away and then I'll let everyone know what happened. Its seriously right out of a movie.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    I agree.
    New Orleans cops/NG troops seemed to be capable of disarming the citizens little by little. Anyone who thinks the state will not use any and all resources if they want to take your firearms needs to get yer head out of the sand.
    All they need to do is hit houses one at a time and many gun owners will just cave in and turn in their firearms.
    The state will come in the dead of the morning while you sleep. Anyone thinking they will become Rambo and be able to hold off the cops is crazy. You may hold out for several days, but they have the time on their side. If you resist they will have no problem in killing you.
    Yes many will refuse to follow these orders, but they will have enough forces to secure your firearms. Anyone actually think the feds will not be providing assistance?

Welcome to the new Nazi Germany!

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    Let me wait till at least after my pre-trial hearing to see if they want any jail time or if the whole BS thing can be made to go away and then I'll let everyone know what happened. Its seriously right out of a movie.

Good idea!

I sure as heck would not even post about a legal situation on this or any other forum. I would not even mention any additional information without the approval of legal council.

Hope everything works out.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hey Brooklyn,

I don't want to be a probable cause test case.

What are you talking about?

Let's all get arrested on trumpped-up charges?

Let's all have no-knock warrants served on us?

Let's all get locked up for no good reason at all?

Let's all get public defenders because we can't afford high-end lawyers?

I have an idea.

YOU load YOUR car with all manner of weaponry and ammo, blow down the road at a hundred and thirty, mouth off to the cop that pulls you over, and punch him the head when he tries to search your car. Just make sure he gets it on his dash-cam so you'll have court evidence.

Come on, take one for the team. We need all the probable cause test cases we can get.

Maybe we can get the sentence reduced from 15 years to 6 years while you're sitting in Federal Pound Me In The A$$ Prison.

As for ME, I just want to be left alone.

My car has nothing in it. It does have some old targets occasionally. If they claim that targets are probable cause and they search and find nothing then you can and should challenge the search in court and set precedent that old targets are not probable cause.

That is what I am taking about. While it is temping to consent to search -- don't. If they thought they had PC then they would not ask, and you would be on the ground.

Now before we worry about no knock warrents and assault teams, we could just politely exercise our rights. Most, nearly all, police will respect that if you are polite. Of course you may get a ticket instead of a warning, but you know what -- its worth it.

If we do not use the peaceful tools we have then we may as well give up now. And we may as well stop complaining about as well because it will do nothing to help.

So give up, or use the peaceful tools we have to make the situation better.

And that's what I am talking about.... not one thing is illegal or even impolite ..

Bisondice

Ultimate Member
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hagerstown
    521686_475236805880124_1210320007_n.jpg

Ultimate Member
    The government will disarm you whether it be by coercion or force. Anyone who seriously thinks there aren't already gun registry's is fooling themselves.

Most of your activities on the web are already being monitored, and with a new 2 billion dollar NSA data capturing site in Utah due to come online there will be no form of communication that isn't monitored whether it be cell phone, computer, or email or anything else. The dollar will collapse and they do not need you to be armed when martial law is declared. Don't be fooled by the normalcy bias , sh&t is happening ever faster.

You will be disarmed with the complicity of the media, sheeple and leftists who are doing the governments bidding. You will be disarmed thru the price and lack of available ammo, becoming more liable for owning a firearm every year- liability insurance, etc..., you will be disarmed by checkpoints and no knock raids ala New Orleans. You will be disarmed by neighbors and informants. You will be disarmed for petty violations of the ever expanding laws that will require you to forfeit your firearms.

Owners of so called assault rifles will be targeted first. Don't look at what is being reported in the media, look at what is not being reported. When the next mass shooting occurs ( whether authentic or not) the level of hysteria and call to action (including parading moms around congress )will be amplified.

get some positronium.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

Ya, what happened to you is completely ****ed, and a sterling example of how hard this state will work to make you a prohibited person and take your shit away.

Mark

PS - You shouldn't have your rights suspended once you've paid your debt to society.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    The OP's larger point is correct- there is a sea change coming regarding gun rights, and the media is complicit in this change. Just as there have been successful media campaigns (in step with gov't policies) regarding drunk driving, smoking, illegality of marijuana, and the dissolution of marriage, the media will brainwash the population to believe gun ownership should be outside the norm. Think about how much has changed in just twenty years. Kids get suspended for making gun shapes with their hands! Hunters are portrayed in movies and on TV as trigger happy rednecks.
    Uhh, gun rights have been loosening the last twenty years and sales have been growing.

Bravo

Bravo
    Feb 18, 2013
    Howard County
    Yes in some states they are loosening their laws but in many states the game is afoot. A quick google search turns up states that are proposing and voting on increasing gun control ie Colorado, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, Maryland , New York, etc... I am certain there are many others on the NRA ILA web site for those willing to look.

They can't legally stop you from purchasing guns (hence the record sales), but the public is panicked because I believe they sense something greater is afoot. You even have Republicans proposing and supporting some of this crap at the state and senate level. How many of you want to purchase a handgun for the first time on October 2nd? I haven't even been to the range this year because I don't have enough ammo for that...

PS The United States voted in favor of the UN small arms treaty even though the measure was defeated in the Senate (non binding ...)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Yes in some states they are loosening their laws but in many states the game is afoot. A quick google search turns up states that are proposing and voting on increasing gun control ie Colorado, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, Maryland , New York, etc... I am certain there are many others on the NRA ILA web site for those willing to look.

They can't legally stop you from purchasing guns (hence the record sales), but the public is panicked because I believe they sense something greater is afoot. You even have Republicans proposing and supporting some of this crap at the state and senate level. How many of you want to purchase a handgun for the first time on October 2nd? I haven't even been to the range this year because I don't have enough ammo for that...
    VtPS The United States voted in favor of the UN small arms treaty even though the measure was defeated in the Senate (non binding ...)

No one is complacent. We prefer to put our energy into fighting. The ones who need this information are not members here yet. Go find them and get them in the fight.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    If the upcoming midterm elections go the way they did after the Clinton ban, this crap will cease for a while the way it did then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom