• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ...in fact, it is extremely doubtful that any LEO was ever interviewed by the reporter for the article.

He found this guy to talk to:

the gun from Ideal Conceal "is arguably designed not to look like a gun when folded."
    That's the part that doesn't sit well with police officers.
    "In general, the concept of any kind of weapon that's disguised, so that it's not apparent that it's a weapon, would be cause for concern," said Bill Johnson, executive director and general counsel for the National Association of Police Organizations.

...whatever that is.

"a US lobbying group "

Bill Johnson

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Idiot reporters...

That statement is placed in the article for effect only. It is a leading statement which fosters an impression that the pistol should be illegal because "after all, ...if the Police don't like it, we shouldn't either".

When in fact, it is extremely doubtful that any LEO was ever interviewed by the reporter for the article.

True. The 2 things that don't sit well with me are the caliber and the capacity...

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    True. The 2 things that don't sit well with me are the caliber and the capacity...

Caliber? Not really an issue for me as it is intended to be a "last ditch effort, up close and personal, surprise the hell out of the aggressor, eye ear nose and throat gun". .380 will be better than nothing in that scenario.

Capacity? Not great... but again "^^^"...
    And the designer is working on a semi auto version for future release...

I would like to see it deployed so I can know how fast and easy it is to go from pocket to BANG BANG.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    My concern is for LEOs having to face these out on the street. You know darn well that a Didntdonuffin is gonna "acquire" one since it will be the new "bling". As much as everyone whips out their cell phones to record law enforcement, I can see this going two ways.
    One: Didntdonuffin is going to pull out his "cell phone" to video police when in fact its one of these and tries/does shoot the LEO

Two: Since Didndonuffin is ALWAYS whipping his/her phone out to video LEO, and since just last week Didndonuffin's cousin tried to murder LEO with gun that looked like a cell phone, Didndonuffin may get shot for having nothing more than a real phone in his/her hand.
    Don't misunderstand my "Didntdonuffin" as being limited to one ethnicity...it goes for ALL criminals and thugs because they "Didntdonuffin".

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    My concern is for LEOs having to face these out on the street. You know darn well that a Didntdonuffin is gonna "acquire" one since it will be the new "bling". As much as everyone whips out their cell phones to record law enforcement, I can see this going two ways.
    One: Didntdonuffin is going to pull out his "cell phone" to video police when in fact its one of these and tries/does shoot the LEO

Two: Since Didndonuffin is ALWAYS whipping his/her phone out to video LEO, and since just last week Didndonuffin's cousin tried to murder LEO with gun that looked like a cell phone, Didndonuffin may get shot for having nothing more than a real phone in his/her hand.
    Don't misunderstand my "Didntdonuffin" as being limited to one ethnicity...it goes for ALL criminals and thugs because they "Didntdonuffin".

I am not concerned about any dindoo who points ANYTHING at a LEO and acts as if it is a gun. That is simply Darwin in action... say hello to Charlie when you see him. :cool:

The Police can be educated to the new technology and they are already aware that unique weapons exist. Point it at me as if it is a gun... and guess what I am sending you via special delivery. :shrug:

Don't point... and continue to breath... Point and you may have new holes to breath through.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I am not concerned about any dindoo who points ANYTHING at a LEO and acts as if it is a gun. That is simply Darwin in action... say hello to Charlie when you see him. :cool:

The Police can be educated to the new technology and they are already aware that unique weapons exist. Point it at me as if it is a gun... and guess what I am sending you via special delivery. :shrug:

Don't point... and continue to breath... Point and you may have new holes to breath through.

I don't think there's any amount of training that would tell an officer that this thing is a firearm when seen in a darkened area like an alley or where the locals shoot out the street lights so they can conduct there business.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I don't think there's any amount of training that would tell an officer that this thing is a firearm when seen in a darkened area like an alley or where the locals shoot out the street lights so they can conduct there business.

I never trained so much on identifying the item in hand as I did on identifying the posture of the hands. If you wait to positively identify the item... You can be dead.

If they point it at you like it is a gun... It IS a gun. Period...

Assault by threat is as much a felony as an actual assault when the threat is a deadly weapon. OR if it mimics one. Taking up a posture as if you are armed... against an armed Police Officer... is Darwin Award material...

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Varney just interviewed the inventor on his show. Looks like a good idea. Really makes concealed mean concealed. This is what we in the 2A community need, a more mainstream looking firearm to carry concealed. He's working on making a semi, as well as other calibers. So what if it's only a 2 shot derringer, it's way better than nothing for those trained in its use.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Varney just interviewed the inventor on his show. Looks like a good idea. Really makes concealed mean concealed. This is what we in the 2A community need, a more mainstream looking firearm to carry concealed. He's working on making a semi, as well as other calibers. So what if it's only a 2 shot derringer, it's way better than nothing for those trained in its use.

Please Please Please for the love of god DON'T BUY ONE FOR CONCEALED CARRY. If you like the novelty of it by all means spend your money how you see fit.

as a PSA I have to say this is a terrible product. All I did for a solid year was robbery and 99% of what they are your phones. How often do most of us have 300-400 in cash on us? Almost never because with credit rewards points cash doesn't make sense (besides the point), but you do always have 300-400 on you with a cell phone. They are easy to sell on these offer up, wallapop, and craigslist to other buyers who will quickly erase and unlock it. PURE CASH.

It's the first thing they take from you!!!! Are you going to have time to pull it off you belt clip, open it up, and stop an attacker? Its an unnecessary added step, coupled with 2 shots??!! This product is like taking 4 karate lessons and then getting into a street fight. You have just enough knowledge to get your butt kicked.

Please buy a bodyguard, a LCP, a SIG239, anything that doesn't have an extra step!

I know this isn't what this thread is for but seriously carry something else for your safety.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Please Please Please for the love of god DON'T BUY ONE FOR CONCEALED CARRY. If you like the novelty of it by all means spend your money how you see fit.

as a PSA I have to say this is a terrible product. All I did for a solid year was robbery and 99% of what they are your phones. How often do most of us have 300-400 in cash on us? Almost never because with credit rewards points cash doesn't make sense (besides the point), but you do always have 300-400 on you with a cell phone. They are easy to sell on these offer up, wallapop, and craigslist to other buyers who will quickly erase and unlock it. PURE CASH.

It's the first thing they take from you!!!! Are you going to have time to pull it off you belt clip, open it up, and stop an attacker? Its an unnecessary added step, coupled with 2 shots??!! This product is like taking 4 karate lessons and then getting into a street fight. You have just enough knowledge to get your butt kicked.

Please buy a bodyguard, a LCP, a SIG239, anything that doesn't have an extra step!

I know this isn't what this thread is for but seriously carry something else for your safety.

Exactly what I meant when I said I want to see a video showing the deployment methods. Ease/speed of operation would make all of the difference in whether or not it was a viable defense weapon. You are completely correct about the cellphone robbery angle. I see this a lot like the Sneaky Pete holsters for that same reason. Surprise and training would be the other parts of the equation.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Just tell the guy what it really is and he won't steal it, b/c of all the firearm transfer hoops he'd have to jump through to sell it. :innocent0

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    When I was a kid, I had a Man From U.N.C.L.E briefcase that had a "secret gun" built into hit. I could pummel my sisters with plastic bullets while being discrete.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    When I was a kid, I had a Man From U.N.C.L.E briefcase that had a "secret gun" built into hit. I could pummel my sisters with plastic bullets while being discrete.

Like this?

2588_l.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom