Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    http://idealconceal.com

Just don't phone a friend.

image.png

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Cool idea! Just not sure how fast you can draw, flip the handle open, aim and fire. Two shot limit doesn't sound very attractive either.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Cool idea! Just not sure how fast you can draw, flip the handle open, aim and fire. Two shot limit doesn't sound very attractive either.

The element of surprise while you go for the bigger one is amazing in concept.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I too would be worried about just having the 2 shots. I would assume it would be better than nothing, but a 2 shot .380 isn't much better. I wonder if the grip springs open or you have to use two hands to open it into the firing position? The web page needs a video to show how it actually works. I wonder why they didn't go with a 9mm luger or even the 38 special? Seems like both could have been used. I would feel better with the 9mm luger than the .380. But hey, it's their first attempt and maybe a 9mm luger is in the works. I applaud any company that is trying to help the average Joe.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV

In looking at the ergonomics of the gun in the open position, I'm not sure how many more than two shots you could get off with the grip constructed the way it is. Those two slots in the front certainly look to make both shots very uncomfortable on your hand. Upping the caliber would just make it worse. But if that's all you can carry in a SHTF situation, as RD said, hopefully it'll buy you enough time to get to a real gun. :)

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    It's better than nothing. Maybe the same concept is similar to the OSS Liberator pistol, of course that used 45 230gr FMJ

Kill a tango and take his weapon.:D

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My wife freaked out the other day bc someone was road raging on her and had a cell phone in their hand. She had just saw the article about this thing earlier that morning and thought the dude had one :shocked3:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The first thing a robber takes from you now a days is your phone.........this Idea is stupid. Let's make a gun that looks identical to the exact thing robbers want to steal from you.

9 out of 10 times your phone is worth more then what's in your wallet. It can easily be sold on offer up or to an African guy on Craigslist and then shipped out of the country.

Roger on Offer up has 7 new phones that are all passcode locked , no box or instructions, selling as if if anyone wants them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      70.1 KB · Views: 622
    Last edited:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    That would go against existing precedent. It doesn't look like a smartphone when it's in ready-to-fire mode.

http://www.guns.com/2012/10/30/stinger-pen-gun/

Penguns 101
    The design of the Stinger

Unlike the true penguns mentioned above, the Stinger was NFA-friendly and even ATF-approved. Mechanically incapable of firing while in its ‘I’m a pen’ mode, the firearm had to be transformed into a pistol by pulling and pivoting the cylinder on a hinged joint. This gave (the) gun a readily identified barrel and grip. A small trigger without a guard popped out when the gun was in this mode. To fire you simply pointed the muzzle end in the general direction of the target (there are no sights) and pushed upward on the trigger to fire. Since the Stinger operates in this method, and doesn’t fire while in ‘pen mode,’ the ATF blessed it with the title handgun and not an NFA-regulated AOW device. Hence, it is a cash and carry weapon with a normal transfer and not a Form 4 nightmare with tax stamps, CLEO signatures, etc.

True... The gun can't be fired in its "cellphone" mode... Therefore, not an "AOW".
    I would like to see a video on the actual deployment method before making any determination as to a belief in the capability of this particular pistol. It appears to have great potential as a "surprise and get away" gun. And regardless of the many opinions to the contrary... A .380 round at close range is NOT something I would discount as ineffective. I would never stand in front of one willingly. It certainly does have lethal potential.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Don't concern yourself with this guys. Maryland has a review board that protects us from being able to buy stuff like this. :rolleyes:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Here's an article about it, says he's working on a semi-auto for 2018:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/21/news/gun-smartphone-ideal-conceal-carry/index.html

Idiot reporters...

... That part doesn't sit well with Police.

That statement is placed in the article for effect only. It is a leading statement which fosters an impression that the pistol should be illegal because "after all, ...if the Police don't like it, we shouldn't either".

When in fact, it is extremely doubtful that any LEO was ever interviewed by the reporter for the article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom