• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I like this show, but sadly I can't make York this time. So, any family members or local friends going, I would appreciate it if you could buy a box of 12 gauge "Goose" or "Water Foul " number 1 shot for me (but not more than $15: I'll pay you back). I saw them at the last show, but forgot to "go back." They'll be my new home defenders instead of the #4 buck shot. :rolleyes:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The Oaks show is this weekend. I have never been to that one been to York many times. Is the York show better or about the same?

Not all Oaks shows are the same. Once or twice a year they have a monster show that is bigger than their usual.

Even the normal Oaks shows are a bit bigger than York, so I've heard. I haven't gone to one yet.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Wow, have another coffee, sorry I asked a stupid question now. Guess I'm four wheeling that weekend.
    curious.
    you've been a member on this site for 9 years and have almost 6400 posts. obviously, you are an active poster.So, you've never been to a gun show or read ANY of the numerous posts on this before??
    odd.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Decent gun show and close, so I usually go.

As far as carrying there, I do, well concealed, and yes, I ignore the "no loaded weapons" signs, and the dude at the front asking if anyone has a firearm. Complicated reason: Their promotor liability insurance is through the NRA, the NRA requires posting "no loaded firearms" and a person available to "assist compliance". Pretty much the only game in town for Liability insurance, and I have complained to the NRA repeatedly about the flat out hypocritical requirement. The Vendors carry, they don't agree with or abide by the rule, so I follow their example.

Simple answer, F-their sign, I'm not responsible "for everyone's safety", I'm responsible for mine, and my families, and haven't lost a minute of sleep over ignoring "property rights" of the countless businesses that request I disarm.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Decent gun show and close, so I usually go.

As far as carrying there, I do, well concealed, and yes, I ignore the "no loaded weapons" signs, and the dude at the front asking if anyone has a firearm. Complicated reason: Their promotor liability insurance is through the NRA, the NRA requires posting "no loaded firearms" and a person available to "assist compliance". Pretty much the only game in town for Liability insurance, and I have complained to the NRA repeatedly about the flat out hypocritical requirement. The Vendors carry, they don't agree with or abide by the rule, so I follow their example.

Simple answer, F-their sign, I'm not responsible "for everyone's safety", I'm responsible for mine, and my families, and haven't lost a minute of sleep over ignoring "property rights" of the countless businesses that request I disarm.
    Interestingggggggggg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I like the York and Gettysburg shows.
    I have been to some smaller (HoCo show size) shows in the burbs of Pittsburgh 6-8 years ago and they were GREAT for finding C&R but never seem to get up that way anymore.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    curious.
    you've been a member on this site for 9 years and have almost 6400 posts. obviously, you are an active poster.So, you've never been to a gun show or read ANY of the numerous posts on this before??
    odd.

I believe I explained that in another post, keep reading.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I didn't go but my friend who lives in PA went. He got there at 2:30 and they closed the show around 3:30. It was advertised as 9 to 5. That is wrong. He didn't get a chance to see everything. No show should close early unless there is an emergency. I would have demanded my entrance fee of $10 back. Thats bad for Appalachian Promotions. The one dealer we know only sold 10 firearms and that is low for him. Low turnout. In 2019 I went to Chantilly July show. The electricity got knocked out at the beginning of the show. They didn't close it everybody were walking around with flashlights and emergency lights on for an hour. It was getting hot then the electricity came back on. Showmasters would never behave that way. Sunday's show is advertised as 9 to 3 at York.

Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    I didn't go but my friend who lives in PA went. He got there at 2:30 and they closed the show around 3:30. It was advertised as 9 to 5. That is wrong. He didn't get a chance to see everything. No show should close early unless there is an emergency. I would have demanded my entrance fee of $10 back. Thats bad for Appalachian Promotions. The one dealer we know only sold 10 firearms and that is low for him. Low turnout. In 2019 I went to Chantilly July show. The electricity got knocked out at the beginning of the show. They didn't close it everybody were walking around with flashlights and emergency lights on for an hour. It was getting hot then the electricity came back on.
    I went. My final purchase was at 4:45 at the ammo table in the entry area. I didn't see anyone shutting down early.

My expectations have been ruined by MD shows lately, and I was pretty impressed with the selection and vendors.

Your mileage may vary.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I left at 1:45 and there was still a healthy crowd milling around. Lot of vendors, didn't see any empty tables. Pricing was of course, high on most everything. Saw several $700 nothing special, Russkie Mosins. Whew!!

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I didn't go but my friend who lives in PA went. He got there at 2:30 and they closed the show around 3:30. It was advertised as 9 to 5. That is wrong.

He needs to check his watch. They closed the show at 5. I got there at about 3:25 and shopped until 4:55 exactly.

Some of the vendors started covering their tables at 4:30... I'd say about half were covered or starting to cover up at 4:45 when they announced they were closing in 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Any Feedback from attendees of this show? Heading up Sunday morning for the leftovers.

Both rooms were full of vendors.

Lots of ammo all around... if you have time shop around before buying at the first table at the entrance. He doesn't have the best prices.

Lots of firearms, everything from antique revolvers (not a lot of them) to MSRs.

Saw all the usual York/Gettysburg show suspects and more... South Carroll, The Mag Man, Dennis Todd, and Precision Firearms were all there.

I noticed B More Tactical, the holster vendor, had a sign up that they do Maryland transfers. I don't remember seeing that before, so maybe they just got their FFL? South Carroll would still be my first choice but it's nice to see another option exists for when he has to miss shows for work. Also probably more convenient if you live in/around Baltimore.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I didn't go but my friend who lives in PA went. He got there at 2:30 and they closed the show around 3:30. It was advertised as 9 to 5. That is wrong. He didn't get a chance to see everything. No show should close early unless there is an emergency. I would have demanded my entrance fee of $10 back. Thats bad for Appalachian Promotions. The one dealer we know only sold 10 firearms and that is low for him. Low turnout. In 2019 I went to Chantilly July show. The electricity got knocked out at the beginning of the show. They didn't close it everybody were walking around with flashlights and emergency lights on for an hour. It was getting hot then the electricity came back on. Showmasters would never behave that way. Sunday's show is advertised as 9 to 3 at York.
    Definitely didn't close til 5pm. Your friend is wrong. However by 3:30-4:00 it wad pretty dead...

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    If anyone is coming up today and needs any of the following powder, come see us!
    Hogden HP38
    Winchester 248
    Winchester Auto Comp

As normal it appears we have the best prices on mags and ammo at the show!
    We are in the hall to the right when u come in, about 2/3 way to the back of the hall. Look for our yellow sign...

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Overall, it was a decent show. Everything is still priced a bit high. I picked up some 9mm and 5.56 ammo for ok prices in today’s market. Nothing really jumped out at me. There was someone selling Pmags for $9.

eriwar

Feb 13, 2010
    This was by far the best gun show I ever been too. You missed out if you did not go. They literally had everything at good prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom