• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Seems I remember some 98's being sold by or near the same guy with the crate of Tok's. Sorta to the rear and left after you enter. Had some really ratty-looking 98's without bolts, and that's what stuck in my mind. May have had some whole ones too, but the boltless ones caught my attention.

Thanks, based on that intel, I think I'll pass and go to the range instead.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Seems I remember some 98's being sold by or near the same guy with the crate of Tok's. Sorta to the rear and left after you enter. Had some really ratty-looking 98's without bolts, and that's what stuck in my mind. May have had some whole ones too, but the boltless ones caught my attention.

Those without the bolts were pre 1899 guns. I guess they were wall hangers and not shooters.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Just got back. Not a bad show at all, but much smaller than the one there a fews years back, the last time I went. I got there at 9:30 and walked right in, not much of a crowd at all.
    I got my 30rd Pmags which was one of the main items I was after. A few people that I spoke to from MD were there for mags as well.
    I saw quite a few bargains on C&Rs, and though I had my copy with me, I had to refrain. Yugo Mausers at $179, in pretty decent shape, some others for $250 IIRC in excellent shape. One guy had mauser actions with bolt and barrels for $129. Great deal if you're looking to build on a 98 action.
    I wanted primers, but the guy that had them, I was told, is a preacher and wasn't there today.
    I was by myself, but overall I had a good time and it was worth the drive.

MH

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    It was a good show, glad I went. I didn't realize about them not being able to sell pictols to those from Maryland, otherwise I might have bought a nice looking P64. Plenty of AR stuff, would have liked to see more AK stuff.

The best thing about it? Being able to excerise my Utah CCW Permit while up there. :)

bdiddle

Dec 21, 2009
    Picked up a Yugo M57 for $185, and 2 Like new Steyr FAL mags / hinge pin / mag catch / gas piston spring for $40.

Good show and not too crowded

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Anyone check out the guy from Fl with some of the most pristine 1911's I've ever seen? He had one with a 3 digit serial number... only $15k!

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    Anyone check out the guy from Fl with some of the most pristine 1911's I've ever seen? He had one with a 3 digit serial number... only $15k!

He had that out explaining to someone it was week 1 production and than quoted price as I was walking by.Had several Irwin Pedersen carbines too but knew better than to ask for a price.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Damn, I know there are some ballers rolling around in there but honestly, how many times will that guy cart a $15,000 handgun to rural gun shows in Pennsylvania?

I think he's really donkey'n it, more than actually trying to sell it.

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    I went yesterday and did notice the show had what seemed to be less vendors than the the last few times I've gone.Even so I have yet to be disappointed in a York show.Went out to find some Garand parts,HRA oprod,some sight parts and a FAL kit.Found the sight parts,didn't pick up the oprod as the ones I found seemed a bit too pricey.The FAL kit I picked up is as advertised "as new"if not unissued.Picked up a few DSA mags to go along with it after I get it built.Haven't even got the receiver yet and already thinking about picking up a few more kits to build different variants.Actually watching the assembly/disassembly video as I'm typing this.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Just got back from the show a bit ago...Lots of stuff to clean up and put away....Nice for the MD Shooters to stop by and say hello.....Nice to see you guys..

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Went today and as usual, not disappointed. Looking primarily at C & R and there were good deals to be had. Besides those Yugo Toks for $175, saw and Ortgies .32 ACP in VG condition for $300 and a Star Model 9mm Luger with box and 2 mags in VG-Exc condition for $325. I'm regretting not getting that Star but just bought a Walther Model 8 via GB and couldn't justify another one yet. I hate not being independently wealthy.....

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    I had fun, not too crowded. I FINALLY GOT A MOSIN:D. Paid $115 for it, then took 5 steps to the left and got some AK mags. The only thing that got me pissed was that the atm was busted by 12pm, but the man who was on the golf cart drove me to the atm and back.

dilligaf

Do I look like I care?
    Jun 19, 2012
    First time at the York gun show and I had mixed results. Unlike Chantilly it was not overcrowded and the vendors were very helpful. Most everyone was friendly. Selection for me was very limited. Only found one of the things on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom