• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbrenner

Jan 31, 2011
    Behind the Iron Curtain
    I have shot the fun shoots and the USPSA events at York and it was great. The people were very helpful and accommodating for new shooters. Gary and Howard run great matches. My son did the USPSA youth camp there last summer and had a blast. It looks like I will have to stop up on 2/2 and get things started.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    I have shot the fun shoots and the USPSA events at York and it was great. The people were very helpful and accommodating for new shooters. Gary and Howard run great matches. My son did the USPSA youth camp there last summer and had a blast. It looks like I will have to stop up on 2/2 and get things started.

Music to my very ears. Thank you. This year will be the best yet, and we are already starting. Check the right side of the blog for the latest match announcement!

g

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Absolutely!

And we are VERY family/kid friendly. Watch our blog or PM me for details.

Well being a rifle instructor for Carroll County 4H HotShots a Shooting Sports program for kids I will pass this on. I have already email this info to another instructor who was looking for some competition shooting.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Thanks Bronz,

We host youth groups throughout the year in rifle, trap and occasionally pistol, through the York County Sportsmen for Youth Field day, several Cub/Boy Scout activities and the Mason Dixon Claybusters play with us as from time to time. We would look forward to working with your groups as well.

g

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    We are hosting an orientation Saturday, Feb 2nd at 1:00pm. It is mandatory for prospective members. If you're interested in joining come out and take the tour. I won't be there but Gary (iwlafsmd) will be.

50bmg

Sep 24, 2011
    Towson, MD
    We are hosting an orientation Saturday, Feb 2nd at 1:00pm. It is mandatory for prospective members. If you're interested in joining come out and take the tour. I won't be there but Gary (iwlafsmd) will be.

Just missed this, but interested in joining. I see there is another orientation on March 3rd, anything in between now and then for membership? I'm currently a member at AGC in Marriotsville, but live about half way from York and Marriotsville, MD.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Sorry, no rifle at the funshoots. We allow pistol caliber carbines (.22 lr included), most standard velocity handguns and shotguns (7/12 or smaller shot). These can be used individually, or, depending on skill level and experience, as a multigun combination of handgun/long gun. On your first visit with us, you will be squadded with me or my staff for a safety evaluation. Once you survive that, you can play on your own at later shoots, and also attend the Action multigun matches.

g

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    Next orientation is Sunday, March 3rd at 1:00. There is no obligation to come out tour our grounds and see what we have to offer. If you like the club we'll have you in quickly (3 weeks) if not there is no harm, no foul.

Apparently it is worth the drive because we are getting an amazing number of MDS guy these days. And we like them.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Next orientation is Sunday, March 3rd at 1:00. There is no obligation to come out tour our grounds and see what we have to offer. If you like the club we'll have you in quickly (3 weeks) if not there is no harm, no foul.

Apparently it is worth the drive because we are getting an amazing number of MDS guy these days. And we like them.

I plan on attending March 3rd as after the 3rd, it looks like there won't be another until May. Right now, it's between York or WSSC. PNTC is kind of far for anything but matches every once in awhile as is NHRPC. I like that York also has fishing besides shooting sports. :) Also, I like that the rifle range is up to 200 yds. I believe WSSC only goes to 100 yds. Also, York is actually a little closer to me than WSSC. I'll be interested in seeing what the back pits look like this year (I heard they were being improved), and seeing the front pits as I've only shot the back pits in fun shoots. Like others, I want to train for 3 gun and the like, so look forward to learning more on the 3rd! :thumbsup:

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    If anyone is looking to join York there is an orientation tomorrow. Info below...

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Thanks for the reminder soup.

Howard and I will be there to answer all your questions when the regular orientation ends at the ranges (my favorite part!) I'll be in a blue jacket, orange sweat with a black York Pistol hat.

Come by and say hi!

gary

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Thanks for the reminder soup.

Howard and I will be there to answer all your questions when the regular orientation ends at the ranges (my favorite part!) I'll be in a blue jacket, orange sweat with a black York Pistol hat.

Come by and say hi!

gary

Where does orientation start? In the front by the house or in the back by the pistol ranges.

Nevermind - saw on calendar to meet at clubhouse.

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    Special Orientation... See below from Howard

We are allowed, as needed, to do orientations that are not on the schedule. I have a guy who just can't make one on a weekend, and I have agreed to do one that suits his schedule.

I will be hosting an orientation of the club on Monday, March 18th, at 10:00am. If this works for anyone you know better than the one scheduled for March 23rd at 3:00pm they are welcome to join us.

Orientations are mandatory for any new members and are optional for any existing members who just want a tour of the grounds and an overview of our rules.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    I'm afraid that is the way the schedule fell. However, we can set you up with a personal orientation if need be, due to scheduling issues and such, and then you must attend an open meeting to turn in your application. PM me or Howard762 if you need to do this.

gary

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I am interested in attending the one in May. This is open to everyone, right? We don't have to know someone already involved? I am very new to shooting, just getting started. I'd like to find an outdoor range with longer distance shootings opportunities.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Orientations are open to the public, hope to see you there! Come up and introduce yourself, I'll be the guy in the orange sweatshirt, lurking in the background, as the current club president gives the lessons.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom