• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    Many of you have shot our Fun Shoot and Action Matches at York Izaak Walton in the past and I want to take a minute to invite you to our orientation Sunday, December 30th at 1:00pm. If you're looking for a place to shoot I don't think it gets any better than this. We have nice ranges and a very active club. The pistol committee which runs Fun Shoots and Action Matches with pistols, rifles and shotguns runs great matches and help new shooters learn the ropes.

The orientation takes a little over an hour and familiarizes prospective and current members with our rules and features of our club. It is part of the required process to join and after most people do this they fill out the provided applications and submit them immediately. We really have a lot to offer.

Joining York Izaak Walton is very simple and can be quite quick. Those who attend the orientation and submit their applications on the 30th will be full fledged members on January 15th.

Membership at York Izaak Walton is $100 per year and there is a one time initiation fee of $75. There are no additional range fees for members and their guests.

For more information on York Izaak Walton League please check our website at www.yorkiwla.org

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    Bikebreath - I think you will find that York will meet if not exceed your needs!!! Be sure to get involved with the Pistol Committee.

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    Top notch range facilities and "staff." :innocent0

If you are looking for a place to shoot York is it. Those of you that are interested in multi gun there is NO better place in the area to shoot.

If I wasnt PCSing to Ft Hood in March I would be there with bells on.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Top notch range facilities and "staff." :innocent0

If you are looking for a place to shoot York is it. Those of you that are interested in multi gun there is NO better place in the area to shoot.

If I wasnt PCSing to Ft Hood in March I would be there with bells on.

Since your PCSing to Ft. Hood you should sell me your stuff you won't need it in Texas. How long? Gonna miss not having you there to push me guess I'll have to poke Numidian now.

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    Since your PCSing to Ft. Hood you should sell me your stuff you won't need it in Texas. How long? Gonna miss not having you there to push me guess I'll have to poke Numidian now.

I can shoot multigun twice a week at Hood...... I am in fierce need of a progressive reloader....

I will be gone indef, barring any re-assignments in the future.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Wish I had seen this earlier, as I am seriously considering a new palce to shoot (and teach for that matter).

Patty and I may have to look into joining later this year.

Do you offer orientation meetings every month or on some regular schedule?

Many of you have shot our Fun Shoot and Action Matches at York Izaak Walton in the past and I want to take a minute to invite you to our orientation Sunday, December 30th at 1:00pm. If you're looking for a place to shoot I don't think it gets any better than this. We have nice ranges and a very active club. The pistol committee which runs Fun Shoots and Action Matches with pistols, rifles and shotguns runs great matches and help new shooters learn the ropes.

The orientation takes a little over an hour and familiarizes prospective and current members with our rules and features of our club. It is part of the required process to join and after most people do this they fill out the provided applications and submit them immediately. We really have a lot to offer.

Joining York Izaak Walton is very simple and can be quite quick. Those who attend the orientation and submit their applications on the 30th will be full fledged members on January 15th.

Membership at York Izaak Walton is $100 per year and there is a one time initiation fee of $75. There are no additional range fees for members and their guests.

For more information on York Izaak Walton League please check our website at www.yorkiwla.org

soup101

Mar 4, 2009
    Fantasy Island
    Wish I had seen this earlier, as I am seriously considering a new palce to shoot (and teach for that matter).

Patty and I may have to look into joining later this year.

Do you offer orientation meetings every month or on some regular schedule?

Go to http://yorkiwla.org and click on "Events Calendar" link on the left and you can browse each month to see when the next orientations are scheduled.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I was considering joining the MD Rifle Club to have access to their range @ Marriotsville for shooting larger caliber rifles and shotguns at greater distances than Free State can accept. Was also interested in them for their bow range.

York is slightly further for me, but does not require crossing the bridge (which has become ridiculously pricey these days) and offers fun shoots and other such activities that the MD Rifle Club does not seem to offer. I wish I had seen this sooner! But I may try and make it up for the new member orientation on the 2nd of February. The cost is also less than that of the MD Rifle Club.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Bikebreath - I think you will find that York will meet if not exceed your needs!!! Be sure to get involved with the Pistol Committee.

Well, I joined IWLA, but not sure yet about doing the Pistol Committee. Time will tell on that. I'm going to miss Monumental at AGC and the fine people I've met there. I'm into Action Shooting and it looks like it's never going to happen at the AGC, so I move on...

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Thanks for all the support guys, York is indeed my home away from home.

Anthony, you will be missed, I hope your assignments bring you back this way.

Bike Breath, you will be assimilated!

The biggest question I get at orientations, is "can I practice 3 gun at York?", well absolutely! We don't restrict holster draws, round counts or define rapid fire as anything. We have a bay open to our membership at large where you can setup a 3 gun practice, and special practice bays, for those willing to get involved.

Orientations are about once a month (soup has the link, www.yorkiwla.org).

feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom