• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Perhaps I should rephrase......

You will have the opportunity to shoot as much, or as little ammo as you wish, there will not be a mandatory round count. A lot depends on your miss rate........

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    On Sunday, January 13th at 11:00 am we will be hosting a fairly informal match type event at York Izaak Walton. In the months of January and February we don’t do anything too serious because we never know if the weather will really be bad. This month we will be doing a falling steel type event with some very loose structure and no payouts. The fee will only be $10. We will start at 11:00 am and it will last until we’re cold and bored with it. So bring plenty of ammunition and as many centerfire handguns, pistol caliber carbines, and shotguns (birdshot only) as you care to carry. There will be a multi-gun option for those who have shotguns or pistol caliber carbines. No holsters will be necessary but may be used if you like. All guns not in holsters must be cased or have chamber flags in them. We will have them for sale. If you have questions email me at yorksignup@gmail.com

We would like an idea of how many shooters to expect so if you plan on coming please email me at yorksignup@gmail.com I don’t need to know anything but your name for this one.

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    A really different format. Really only one, but you'll get to shoot it multiple times. We will also have some other stuff available. It's a very different thing from what we normally do. Very relaxed, except for safety of course.

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    No, I'm afraid 22lr won't knock the steel down. Pistol caliber centerfires include 9mm, 40S&W, and 45acp. There are some others. The concerns are the round must knock down, but not damage our steel. There will be plenty of opportunities to use the 22 carbine this year though.

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    300 Blackout, or Whisper if loaded with a 175 gr or heavier bullet with a lead core at truly sub-sonic speeds (just over 1000fps) will be considered a pistol caliber and is fine for use on our steel. They really are not much different that a 10mm at that point.

The caveat is with that and all different calibers is that you have to be sure you're not going to damage the steel or cause another safety concern.

I encourage you to bring the 300 Blackout or any other caliber that should be OK. I also encourage you to grab Gary or I and have us verify your hypothesis on the side by actually testing the round on one piece of steel before we get too deeply involved in the match. We have some steel that we're willing to test on.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Argh! I was hoping to make it out for my first time, but alas I'm at home on Sunday with my daughter with the wife and other daughter are at a dance competition. I especially wanted to try out the Shotty.

Still having a match on Jan 27?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom