• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland
    I absolutely agree.

DO NOT GO TO THIS SHOW THINKING YOU CAN BUY A WEAPON!

I was EXTREMELY rudely turned away asking if they sold to Md residents. Some flat out said no! And this was for a Rem 870 shotgun and then a Rem 700 at two different tables! The owners told me that H-bars are illegal in Md and I told them they were not and thanks anyways and they continued to berate me even as I walked away from the table. Exact words from a seller, "I think I know my own ****ing business *******."

Unbelievable. :tdown:

I was told the same thing when inquiring about the HBAR... I told them I saw some for sale at the shooting range I go to in MD last week and they called me a liar :sad20:

I was pretty disappointed overall. Did get a couple nice things though.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    The PA dealers with a god complex can suck it for thinking they know more about Maryland gun laws than the gun people in Maryland suffering through the BS thrust upon us.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I was EXTREMELY rudely turned away asking if they sold to Md residents. Some flat out said no! And this was for a Rem 870 shotgun and then a Rem 700 at two different tables! The owners told me that H-bars are illegal in Md and I told them they were not and thanks anyways and they continued to berate me even as I walked away from the table. Exact words from a seller, "I think I know my own ****ing business *******."

Do you remember what dealer(s) did that? Please name names. We need to know so we can avoid them like the plague. Karma.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    you should of bet him $100

I would have given him a double fisted FU. Gunshow booth jockey's pi$$ me off in general.

I get it customer has money, they want it.

I get it, laws change its confusing.

An honest answer would have been "I am really concerned about the lack of specificity in MD law and am hesitant to sell to a MD resident"

I could respect that. What you are describing (if accurate) is the product of weak minded individuals who lack any sense of backbone and are only after the $$$.

Probabably going to get some flack but this is why I have always been amused buying guns. Its a mix of honest people who think their spit is sterling, surly jackasses, etc. I have only met one or two dealers/tablers in my life who I would say are normal well adjusted human beings. The rest, not so much.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    I would have given him a double fisted FU. Gunshow booth jockey's pi$$ me off in general.

I get it customer has money, they want it.

I get it, laws change its confusing.

An honest answer would have been "I am really concerned about the lack of specificity in MD law and am hesitant to sell to a MD resident"

I could respect that. What you are describing (if accurate) is the product of weak minded individuals who lack any sense of backbone and are only after the $$$.

Probabably going to get some flack but this is why I have always been amused buying guns. Its a mix of honest people who think their spit is sterling, surly jackasses, etc. I have only met one or two dealers/tablers in my life who I would say are normal well adjusted human beings. The rest, not so much.

American gun culture certainly has more than it's fair share of ass clowns.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    After coming home and talking about it with my army friend that bits the shows with me we are thinking its not worth it anymore ,1.5 hour drive and hear people talk rudely to people because you are a md resident,and the pricing doesn't make it worth going compared to what you can buy on the internet and have shipped.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    well if i listen to gunshow reviews, what i have learned: Maryland gun shows suck. Now Pa shows suck.:sad20:
    we are running out of shows.

Billy Bones

Flagoneer
    Mar 27, 2012
    Grasonville, Md
    Do you remember what dealer(s) did that? Please name names. We need to know so we can avoid them like the plague. Karma.

Zeller's was one. The other was the booth across the aisle from him. There was no sign up and the sellers were not wearing any logoed (sp?) apparel. They had many guns all chained together with a sort of vinyl wrapped wire so could not pick any of the firearms up.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Went looking for non-magetic tokarev and makarov ammo.
    Quite frankly, its about the same price to order off the
    internet + shipping vs. drive + entrance + ammo at the show.

Lots of AR15 and mags. Did not get any mags simply because everyone out-of-state has them at anytime.

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    After coming home and talking about it with my army friend that bits the shows with me we are thinking its not worth it anymore ,1.5 hour drive and hear people talk rudely to people because you are a md resident,and the pricing doesn't make it worth going compared to what you can buy on the internet and have shipped.

THIS. The only show I go to anymore is the Gettysburg show just for mags and the wife can hit the outlet junk stores. Then have a nice dinner in Gettysburg.

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    Went looking for non-magetic tokarev and makarov ammo.
    Quite frankly, its about the same price to order off the
    internet + shipping vs. drive + entrance + ammo at the show.

Exactly.... And it's pretty much like that across the board now with most shows regardless of what type of show or product.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    I am a vendor at all of the York, Gbgh, and Hbgh shows. I do not sell firearms, but I do know of one vendor that has no issues selling to MD residents. Check out Franklin Arms. Cody is a standup guy, and has asked me several times whether a gun is legal for MD residents. I have no afilliation with FA,

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I absolutely agree.

DO NOT GO TO THIS SHOW THINKING YOU CAN BUY A WEAPON!

Unbelievable. :tdown:

^^THIS. My BIL took a rifle to sell (which he did) and was in the market for an M1 Carbine. A seller there (busier guy with a mix of old guns in the "right room") had one for a decent price. When my BIL provided his ID to buy the gun, the seller told him that he "won't sell to anyone with a MD driver's licence becuase he don't know our laws anymore." My BIL attempted to still buy the gun without the 15 rd. mag (originally thought it was a 10 until an intervention), the seller still said no. He wouldn't even sell me a Brazilian Mauser (still angry about that). At least in this case, he wasn't a jerk but it was still disappointing.

Also, this gun show has effectively stopped me from taking any guns to sell/trade at a gun show. I brought a Winchester Model 12 and a Winchester 1886 to possibly sell. I got MOBBED for the 1886, and when I stated my asking price (which was totally negotiable) about 1/2 of those who asked me abruptly left with angry body language. The remaining half either made me a low but respectable offer (which I declined respectfully) or, referring to the Model 12 (which I did offload), tell me that my price was "not good right now."

There were a decent amount of milsurps, including a few Brazilian Mausers and a really nice Martini-Henry. I was also impressed with the Winchester guy who had a bunch of original, unfired Winchesters that were incredibly expensive.

All in all, it was a good show (better than any MD show i've been to) but I was not impressed with some of the people who are sellers there. I took my money and bought a Remington 7600 with a Leupold scope after returning to the gulag.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I got some primers and a few glock mags and a Vortex Sparc to try out... Overall it was not that great of a show. There a a table that had a New Rem 700(tactical/threaded 1/10 barrel) for a steal but I have be hemorrhaging cash lately so I refrained.....slight regret:-(

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I got some primers and a few glock mags and a Vortex Sparc to try out... Overall it was not that great of a show. There a a table that had a New Rem 700(tactical/threaded 1/10 barrel) for a steal but I have be hemorrhaging cash lately so I refrained.....slight regret:-(

What was the price tag?

bobbowmossberg

Shoot it Where?
    Dec 27, 2012
    Baltimore
    This show was not like the last one. It seemed like there were more vendors at the last show. On a good note. I did find some decent deals on 7.62x39 ammo and .22lr ammo. Picked up a few thousand rounds, some huge ammo cans and some glock mags too!

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    well if i listen to gunshow reviews, what i have learned: Maryland gun shows suck. Now Pa shows suck.:sad20:
    we are running out of shows.

I would be hesitant to judge Pa gun shows based on 1 York show. As I mentioned previously, my experience at the Lebanon Gun Show was very positive; I'll defer any judgment till after Philly, Harrisburg, and the Great American Outdoor Show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom