• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland
    Should not be a problem buying a non-regulated firearm. I hear about Va dealers refusing to sell non-regulated firearms to Md residents but never seen, or heard of this, in Pa.

I was at Bass Pro in PA last week and a firearms associate told me that they wouldn't sell non regulated to MD people.. something about their lawyers recommending not to until they figure out whats going on with our new laws :sad20:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    What do you think the chances are of them selling a non regulated firearm to a MD resident?? I'm looking for a .30-06 for my Son.

Will all depend on the dealer. I bought a non-regulated rifle at the last Lebanon, Pa gun show without any problems. I think most if the Pa dealers aren't concerned about buyers being from Md.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    At the show now; a few empty tables, several tables of reloading supplies, plenty of ammo at reasonable prices except. 22lr still pricy $40-60/brick. Tok, Mak, Nagant, Mas, Lebel etc., most every pistol and rifle caliber, even the rarer ones are here.

No SKSs at all, otherwise good selection of C &R-even saw an early CZ 27 in good condition for $200. Lots if p mags, drums, some 5 and 10 rnd metal SKS mags and 20, 30 rnd Tapco. Several pimpeded 10/22s and a basic model for $249. Of course lots of AR stuff. One table of flintlock rifles, one table of nothing but sights for any old rifle you could think of. One rack of Mosins for $149-169 (bayonet).
    There's always something to find at the York Gun Show.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Overall decent show but at least 1.5 drive and lots of things can be had same or better priced on the internet,did get a deal on sks drum for 75 but other dealers unwilling to deal,heard a few dealers telling md people no hbar ar sales at all and some were just plain rude about it.and the private sales prices are trying to get back there bhthurt prices from earlier this year,do you really think your used gun is worth more than the new one a dealer is selling?

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Docster, I was up there same time you were, saw 3 or 4 SKSs. The two chinese ones I looked at were $450. Ammo inside was priced ok and they did have stuff I dont think Ive ever seen before, but the big stand at the door had to be out of his mind. $169 for ONE can of surplus 54R?!?!, 5.45x39 was at least twice what a surplus tin can be found on the internet, unless I read the signs wrong.

Id say there were probably half the number of gun dealers there as the last show. Overheard some arguing about HBAR ARs being able to be sold in MD too.

The Mosins for $150-$170 looked to be the Grade B MOLOT Mosins from Classic. They were labeled as MOLOTs and the stocks looked worse than any of the 3 that I picked up during that sale.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Docster, I was up there same time you were, saw 3 or 4 SKSs. The two chinese ones I looked at were $450. Ammo inside was priced ok and they did have stuff I dont think Ive ever seen before, but the big stand at the door had to be out of his mind. $169 for ONE can of surplus 54R?!?!, 5.45x39 was at least twice what a surplus tin can be found on the internet, unless I read the signs wrong.

Id say there were probably half the number of gun dealers there as the last show. Overheard some arguing about HBAR ARs being able to be sold in MD too.

The Mosins for $150-$170 looked to be the Grade B MOLOT Mosins from Classic. They were labeled as MOLOTs and the stocks looked worse than any of the 3 that I picked up during that sale.

I claim old eyes! I always look for SKSs so those I just plain missed. Yep, there were fewer vendors overall than last year. In fact, I think the recent show at Lebanon was better. Agreed about the ammo guy just inside the door; maybe he thought his location was going to be an advantage. Hope the next Harrisburg show doesn't show the trend that York is showing.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    does someone know if they have pistol powder? like winchester wsf or unique??? because im planning to go tomorrow but just for powder.... if they dont have then it wont be worth the 1.5 hrs drive.... thanks

rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    does someone know if they have pistol powder? like winchester wsf or unique??? because im planning to go tomorrow but just for powder.... if they dont have then it wont be worth the 1.5 hrs drive.... thanks

I didn't see any unique. Not sure on wsf. Saw a guy with some Winchester powder but idk what it was. I got a pound of accurate #9 to start reloading for my yugo m57.

I thought it was an ok show. I was hoping to get a drum mag for my 15-22 but I couldn't even find regular mags for it

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    well i will go anyways hopefully there is some kind of powder for pistol.... maybe i get something else bullets or primers or something.... thanks for the info...

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    Glad to meet some fellow members today at the show thanks for stoping by to say hello!

I enjoyed myself today I didn't get a chance to really walk around though so I'll be making my rounds early tomorrow morning before I have to man the post. If you go tomorrow stop by and say hi I'll be in the far corner by the bathrooms.

Also I am going to be dropping my price down to $155 for the 80% AR15 kits w/ jig bits if anyone might be looking for these :beer:

Billy Bones

Flagoneer
    Mar 27, 2012
    Grasonville, Md
    Overall decent show but at least 1.5 drive and lots of things can be had same or better priced on the internet,did get a deal on sks drum for 75 but other dealers unwilling to deal,heard a few dealers telling md people no hbar ar sales at all and some were just plain rude about it.and the private sales prices are trying to get back there bhthurt prices from earlier this year,do you really think your used gun is worth more than the new one a dealer is selling?

I absolutely agree.

DO NOT GO TO THIS SHOW THINKING YOU CAN BUY A WEAPON!

I was EXTREMELY rudely turned away asking if they sold to Md residents. Some flat out said no! And this was for a Rem 870 shotgun and then a Rem 700 at two different tables! The owners told me that H-bars are illegal in Md and I told them they were not and thanks anyways and they continued to berate me even as I walked away from the table. Exact words from a seller, "I think I know my own ****ing business *******."

Unbelievable. :tdown:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I absolutely agree.

I was EXTREMELY rudely turned away asking if they sold to Md residents. Some flat out said no! And this was for a Rem 870 shotgun and then a Rem 700 at two different tables! The owners told me that H-bars are illegal in Md and I told them they were not and thanks anyways and they continued to berate me even as I walked away from the table. Exact words from a seller, "I think I know my own ****ing business *******."

That's unfortunate because we all know that many of them DON'T know their own business. That's why I liked the Lebanon show; bought a non-regulated gun with no hassles from a dealer who KNEW his business, and it just seemed a little bigger/better than this year's York show. I always find something at York but......

Bisondice

Ultimate Member
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I absolutely agree.

you should of bet him $100

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom