• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kat

sure sure it looked fun
    Jul 5, 2012
    EdgeHood
    More and more companies doing this some one has to take notice.

Sent from this android thingy

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I wonder how many orders they had? I can't see business that do regular business with large government agencies doing this. Its not fiscally responsible. I don't see them doing enough in private sales to make up for the lost revenue. Some can most cant. The other thing to think about is that using this tactic may back fire. Say the argument goes in favor of the 2A. You still may have lost a customer for life.

DOM

Nov 19, 2012
    Hopefully one of the large suppliers will do this. The problem is that most of them are public companies so their shareholders would pitch a fit. It is a start though. There are lots of substitutes for AR type rifles, but not a lot of alternates for Barrett (I think).

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I wonder how many orders they had? I can't see business that do regular business with large government agencies doing this. Its not fiscally responsible. I don't see them doing enough in private sales to make up for the lost revenue. Some can most cant. The other thing to think about is that using this tactic may back fire. Say the argument goes in favor of the 2A. You still may have lost a customer for life.

Probably not. Government agencies are required to purchase from the low bidder in most cases. There is supposed to be no emotional bias for or against vendors.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Then people can chose to not patronize those businesses. If they rely so much on Govt/Law Enforcement Sales then lowly citizens not buying wont hurt them.

Armalite just stepped in a big pile of crap with their response to this topic. I wont work on, Order, or Suggest ANYTHING from that company until they ammend their policy.

Ill also push as much of my business to places that have adopted Anti 2A State Boycotts.

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    Hopefully one of the large suppliers will do this. The problem is that most of them are public companies so their shareholders would pitch a fit. It is a start though. There are lots of substitutes for AR type rifles, but not a lot of alternates for Barrett (I think).

I don't think there would be as much of a fit pitched by the shareholders as you say. Shareholders in those companies are just as likely upset at the NY gun laws themselves for the potential lost revenue if nothing else and would likely understand and support the stand being made. Seriously, if Glock took this stand I don't think that after the law is overturned that NY would be able to stop purchasing from them. Same I believe for Colt.

The ones who would pitch a fit are the ones who likely don't even know they have stock in them. Kind of how all those people who owned oil stocks were pitching a fit that the oil companies were making record profits up until they found out they benefited.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    I know it's not good business, and might make some shareholder's butthurt, but a major company saying "Screw it, regardless of what this means for us, out of principle, and in the name of freedom, this has to be done" would have some far-reaching effects at the Local, State and Federal Levels and may be the catalyst for stopping all this non-sense.

I could also see a temporary major boost in sales from people, say, like us who want to show our support to that company having some balls.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32

I highly doubt that would ever happen. When it comes to government sales, the lowest bid wins. Majority of orders/purchases are handled through their perspective finance offices and not the people who actually want the items. The finance office personnel don't care about who is selling, they only care about the lowest bid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom