• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Why can't DC mail them like, MD, FL, UT ........

Ofc. King preliminarily approved my file jacket today(day 90) and sent it to the Chief's office for final approval. He offered to mail the permit to me once approved.

I was told that renewals can be done by mail too. Their mail reception is very slow though. I've received stuff quickly from them but the last thing I sent to them took two weeks to get to their office.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Why can't DC mail them like, MD, FL, UT ........

Wouldn't surprise me if that's another roadblock they can throw up to keep permit numbers down. Unless you live or work down there, it's a PITA to have to take off work (potentially twice) to drop off and then pick up.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    I called today as it was my 90 day mark. Female that answered was rude, and said since my application date was Oct. 11 it could not have been 90 days since it wasn't Jan. 11 yet. I told her it had been 90 calendar days, tried to explain to her that some months have 31 days but that concept of calendar days did not seem to register with her. She ended up forwarding me to someone else, who asked me what date I applied, and I told him Oct. 11. He then said "yah you and about 400 other people that day, they all have been submitted to the chief and are being processed. Try back again next week.".

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    "You and 400 people", ha. I applied a couple days after you and asked if there was a rush of applicants. The officer replied "Not at all".

Maybe mine is in the same pile on the chief's desk.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    So this is what “shall issue” means? Good luck all.

Evidently all of our applications must have required extraordinary additional investigation, since that is the only criteria in which they are supposed to extend past 90 days.

bqZpW.gif

Last edited:

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    5+ years of trying, many denials, training's, and trips to 300 Indiana ave. Finally, my rights have been recognized in DC. Now to get my unrestricted MD permit. Sad that MD is less free than DC.

IMG_20180110_150518.jpg

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Congratulations!!!!

The permits now look more like registration cards.

They both have the same layout but different color schemes.

The only issue I have now is my wallet starting to look like George Costanza's, with all the permits and registration cards one has to have with him in order to carry in Maryland DC and Virginia.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    They both have the same layout but different color schemes.

The only issue I have now is my wallet starting to look like George Costanza's, with all the permits and registration cards one has to have with him in order to carry in Maryland DC and Virginia.

I know how you feel but I'd rather have a thick wallet than a thick legal bill.
    It's a shame but for now we'll have to jump through all of these hoops to exercise a constitutional right.

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    5+ years of trying, many denials, training's, and trips to 300 Indiana ave. Finally, my rights have been recognized in DC. Now to get my unrestricted MD permit. Sad that MD is less free than DC.

View attachment 222552
    Congrats! I'm planning to head down tomorrow... Time to get in the queue...

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC

View attachment 222552

Nice of them to not “forget” to tell you they need a fresh application and that their prior instructions and form was null and void.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This is what happens when a jurisdiction is dragged kicking and screaming to the bar of justice.

Their behavior will not change, despite what the courts have mandated them to do.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I believe they will mail you the permit. In my case it was a preliminary approval acquiring more training documentation and a question regarding registration of a second handgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom