• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    The DC AG is now an elected position. He doesn’t work for Bowser, he works for the voters in DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he is a shill for the Democrat communist people’s party, just like the rest of the DC politicians...

The only reason this went down the way it did, was well justified fear from the Dem politburo that this would have been the case that broke the may-issue chains in the few remaining slave States. The party elders (Frosh, Schneiderman, Kamala Harris, and Co.) told Bowser and Racine to STFU and take one for the team. What’s a few measly DC permits when you are looking at the center of the universe (NYC), LaLa land, or can you imagine the blood in Bmore!?

The snark and downright cognitive dissonance by these people even rears its head at the end of Racine’s “FAQ.” All that drivel about we are doing what is best for DC, because if other may-issue states in the area became shall-issue, crimes involving firearms in the District would skyrocket. Riiiigght. Do they actually believe that shit? I suppose liberals hate being rational and love rationalizing, so Racine has to give himself something to sleep at night. Whatever works dude.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The application was updated on 10-5 and those G&S requirements have been removed. That's why a CERT request is remote. This newly posted app is a fillable pdf as of 10-11-17

Attachments

• Concealed Carry License Application Instructions_10 05 17.pdf
      149.8 KB · Views: 207
    • Concealed Carry License Application_fillableform 101117.pdf
      241.4 KB · Views: 115

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The application was updated on 10-5 and those G&S requirements have been removed. That's why a CERT request is remote. This newly posted app is a fillable pdf as of 10-11-17

It would appear that I could use my Utah permit and my Maryland address, and successfully apply for a DC carry permit. If approved, I'd take some courses within 45 days and be good to go. Cost would be $110 to DC and whatever the courses would cost.

Is this correct?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yes, if you have any NRA courses or a DD214, you might be able request a training exemption, but that's done on a case by case basis. you would still need to take a 2 hour mandatory DC law class however.

DC requires training within 2 years of your application, but the regs are kind of vague on that requirement as it applies to Military service.

lot's of room for interpretation by DC

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It would appear that I could use my Utah permit and my Maryland address, and successfully apply for a DC carry permit. When approved, I'd take some courses within 45 days and be good to go. Cost would be $110 to DC and whatever the courses would cost.

Is this correct?

Yes, and FIFY. There's no "IF" anymore.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    They're obviously stalling on shall issue permit issuance, taking as much time as possible, so they haven't given up.

I wouldn't call them "quitters" just yet.

What makes you say that? Training classes are maxed out right now and the process is going forward. Soon there will be a whole slew of threads with people showing off their DC permits.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    What makes you say that? Training classes are maxed out right now and the process is going forward. Soon there will be a whole slew of threads with people showing off their DC permits.

When I see that slew of threads I'll believe it. Until then I've been told 90 days by the people in room 3058 and I have no doubt it was their bosses in the chief's office that told them to say that. Why should it take 90 days to approve an application that was only previously denied for the now defunct good reason requirement?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    When I see that slew of threads I'll believe it. Until then I've been told 90 days by the people in room 3058 and I have no doubt it was their bosses in the chief's office that told them to say that. Why should it take 90 days to approve an application that was only previously denied for the now defunct good reason requirement?

Why does it take MSP 90 days?

They are obviously not staffed for the influx of applications they are receiving, I would tell the public 90 days as well and if they happen to get permits out faster then all the better.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Why does it take MSP 90 days?

They are obviously not staffed for the influx of applications they are receiving, I would tell the public 90 days as well and if they happen to get permits out faster then all the better.

I'm a DC resident, have guns registered and just registered another gun. They keep my fingerprints on file for the FBI check and they do an NICS check on me at least every time a register a gun. Today is day 10. I'll post when I receive the permit.;)

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I'm a DC resident, have guns registered and just registered another gun. They keep my fingerprints on file for the FBI check and they do an NICS check on me at least every time a register a gun. Today is day 10. I'll post when I receive the permit.;)

It’s a joke. They have no problem turning around a new firearm registration in a few minutes for a vetted DC resident, but all of a sudden a carry permit with the same investigative requirements takes 1000x longer. Meanwhile thugs will be thugs; I hear you can get a Taurus 9mm for a hundred bucks - no NICS required, but our real problem is these vetted “criminals” with carry permits that are statistically less inclined to commit crimes than police...

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Please do, congrats and welcome to the club in advance.

I just don't get all the panty bunching about the 90 day turn around. Utah is very pro 2A and their permit took me almost 60 days to receive. Expecting DC to turn around on a dime and suddenly become PA in the expeditious processing of permits, although desirable, is unrealistic, IMO.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Please do, congrats and welcome to the club in advance.

I just don't get all the panty bunching about the 90 day turn around. Utah is very pro 2A and their permit took me almost 60 days to receive. Expecting DC to turn around on a dime and suddenly become PA in the expeditious processing of permits, although desirable, is unrealistic, IMO.

For me UT took 41 days, FL 38 and NH 17. DC took 91 days on my first denial and 93 days on my second denial. I had to call them and remind them on the second one as they were just letting it sit. The difference is those other states will tell you what the max number of days is but will also say that it usually doesn’t take that long, and it doesn’t. DC takes the full 90 days intentionally no matter what.

If you’re happy with that it’s fine but the 90 day period is for processing, not stalling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom