• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not surprised. The AG FAQ says only fees will be waived.

The denial of your application was the reason your training expired. If they waive the fees, because G&S is gone the training should be as well.

What a crock

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have looked through the DCMR and can't find any penalty for carrying in a posted location.

I'm guessing you might get a trespass charge since the sign basically says don't come in if carrying.

Need to scrutinize the actual statute

IANAL

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Not surprised. The AG FAQ says only fees will be waived.

The denial of your application was the reason your training expired. If they waive the fees, because G&S is gone the training should be as well.

What a crock

I guess apply under the exemption then.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I always find it amusing that people think their 2A rights not only extends into someone else's private property, but that it carries more weight than private property rights

Just like this forum, their house, their rules.

You assumed I have an issue with CC not extending into the home, which I don't. I was responding to map where someone whipped out their red crayon and started marking up possible no go zones.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I've been told someone is never wrong, however;

All I can pass on is I applied for DC permit June 2015 was denied and appealed and the outcome was early this year 2017, no.
    My 16 hrs and range time was in June 2015. I've been advised TWICE, by Sgt Hall I must redo the entire thing.

did you specifically ask about the normal renewal training (4+2)?

That is really not reasonable of them to deny it, even as an exemption, if you take renewal training

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    I have looked through the DCMR and can't find any penalty for carrying in a posted location.

I'm guessing you might get a trespass charge since the sign basically says don't come in if carrying.

Need to scrutinize the actual statute

IANAL

Took the Law portion of the DC training over the weekend. Per the class, conspicuous signage in a business carries the force of law. There is no specific penalty in DC law, but the consensus was that they would probably revoke your license if you were caught.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree, the Chief has broad authority to suspend or revoke a permit.

One thing I noticed is that the regs state "a sign in a conspicuous location at an entrance"

No requirement for a sign at every entrance.

As an example the NV statute requires a sign at every entrance open to the public.

use caution

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    DC being reasonable?
    Surely you jest.
    Well I have found that although the lawmakers, certainly racine's office, and the political appointments in DC MPD may not care about the bill of rights, the firearms office is not a bunch of jacka55es.

I would -- ask in writing -- why 4+2 refresher course that is given 26 to 50 months after issued licenses that are expired and need renewal, is somehow different than refresher course being used 28 months after two day course was taken and passed on license denied for lack of G/R that has reapplication.

if they stonewall on that I would see if your original trainer will give you a discount for an new full course certification due to you have already taken the course

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    One thing I noticed is that the regs state "a sign in a conspicuous location at an entrance"

No requirement for a sign at every entrance.

As an example the NV statute requires a sign at every entrance open to the public.

use caution

MD shooters should set up a shell company and make and sell those sticker in DC and donate profits to NRA and other Second amendment adovacy organizations. You know a million are going to be sold and put up everywhere anyway as a poltical statement

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well I have found that although the lawmakers, certainly racine's office, and the political appointments in DC MPD may not care about the bill of rights, the firearms office is not a bunch of jacka55es.

I would -- ask in writing -- why 4+2 refresher course that is given 26 to 50 months after issued licenses that are expired and need renewal, is somehow different than refresher course being used 28 months after two day course was taken and passed on license denied for lack of G/R that has reapplication.

if they stonewall on that I would see if your original trainer will give you a discount for an new full course certification due to you have already taken the course

I was not aware en expired licensee only needs a refresher course. I thought I read somewhere the license must be renewed before expiry.

The problem is MPDC gets it's marching orders from the a$$holes downtown.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    MD shooters should set up a shell company and make and sell those sticker in DC and donate profits to NRA and other Second amendment adovacy organizations. You know a million are going to be sold and put up everywhere anyway as a poltical statement
    Be sure that they all say "No Irish Need Apply" as well.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And present these too.

Attachments

• NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.gif
      NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.gif
      131.5 KB · Views: 227

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I was not aware en expired licensee only needs a refresher course. I thought I read somewhere the license must be renewed before expiry.

The problem is MPDC gets it's marchiong orders from the a$$holes downtown.

I shoud have written "approaching expirey."

Anyway if they don't get the objective logic of allowing you to use refresher, I suggest telling your original trainer if they will give you a discounted second go around on the full thing. I am in a service business and I sure as heck would seat and certify you for $100 if you already paid your $300 to me.

the people who teach these courses took the time and expense, and at what we all know was long odds of a decent business return. I get that. but if you took the course, paid full fee once and did not fail, I bet most would allow you a discounted rate for re-taking the class.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Personally, all I need is the DC law course, which I'm taking at the end of the month. mine was more than 2 years old unfortunately

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Recommendation for the DC LAW portion of the training?

Took the Law portion of the DC training over the weekend. Per the class, conspicuous signage in a business carries the force of law. There is no specific penalty in DC law, but the consensus was that they would probably revoke your license if you were caught.

Ack Ack:

2345.2 A non-resident may satisfy some or all of the firearms training requirements in § 2336 by providing proof of completion of a firearms training course in another state or subdivision of the United States.
    www.handgunlaw.us 3

2345.3 A non-resident shall obtain a certification from a firearms trainer that the applicant has received and completed training in District firearms law and the District law of self-defense.

This suggests that perhaps one who has undergone the classes in MD in the past two years might be able to forego the range portion. You state that you took the law portion. Where did you take it? Do you recommend them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom