• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I forgot the sarcasm tag.....:lol2:
    Wait, before I give you some flak, you aren't cutting me again anytime soon, are you?

I shoot my SP1. I haven't in a while, but I do shoot it.

Forgot to put your zerk fitting in. So yeah probably have to go back in…

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Personally I feel my guns are for shooting. With very few exceptions perhaps, i.e. Commemorative Editions, extremely rare collectibles, "Safe Queens" make no sense for having a gun. That's not what they were made for

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    If it were me, I'd shoot the heck out of the expanse, keep the 6920 in the safe. Then sell the Expanse later on if I had to.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Look, I know no one wants to be a downer, but Colt Expanse rifles are going to have zero collectability long-term because of the (IMHO, correct) perception that the Expanse line wasn't as good as the regular line (parts and expanded use of subcontractors) and weren't "real" Colts, much like the Competition line. I'd shoot it if you want to shoot it. Guns like the LE6920 SOCOM, on the other hand, will have quite a lot of collectability.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    The Davidson’s exclusive line is essentially the same as the 6920 HBPW except for Cerakote and a few minor parts. The barrels are identical.

I'd have to see a side by side comparison.

Look, I know no one wants to be a downer, but Colt Expanse rifles are going to have zero collectability long-term because of the (IMHO, correct) perception that the Expanse line wasn't as good as the regular line (parts and expanded use of subcontractors) and weren't "real" Colts, much like the Competition line. I'd shoot it if you want to shoot it. Guns like the LE6920 SOCOM, on the other hand, will have quite a lot of collectability.

This is my understanding as well. I've seen multiple reviews on the Expanse line and the consensus is they are NOT the same as the 6920 line. Putting cerakote on something doesn't make it special. In fact, one could argue it makes it worse if not done properly due to tolerances.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    SELL IT NOW!

Sell it. Now is the time to sell. If it's an investment, sell it.
    You have other guns to shoot. I'm leery of fired AR's. Guys buy them and run 30 round mags through them as fast as they can till the ammo is gone. If they malfunction, their balloon is busted and they want to sell them. Don't shoot it, don't function test it. Get the money and put it in your gun money pot, don't spend it on anything but a gun.
    Don't keep it as a safe queen. They're making so many different flavor AR's that they'll never be collectable.
    With the stroke of a pen they could be banned.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If he wants to sell it, I'd argue he missed the top of the market and might be better off waiting for another panic.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I’m going to go against the grain. If you have other AR’s and this doesn’t do anything any different, throw it in the back of the safe. If it is worth more in a few years, great. If not, you still have an extra AR if you need it in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom