Would the Government dare to go after shotguns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Seriously, though... this thing seems to be playing itself out.

He wasn't an angry, white, Christian, right-wing, AR-toting guy.

I said the same thing about the nutjob who took over the Discovery building.

Last edited:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I just heard on the Wall Street Journal report this morning that it was a "sawed off" shotgun... that's the first report I've heard of that. Anyone know if he in fact cut the barrel.

CNN was reporting this as a "police style" shotgun... that will be the next fictional category of evil guns to go after.

Lol... so police departments buy the most basic model because it's all they can afford, and one of the most reliable so it functions when needed... and these attributes make it more dangerous? Laff...

I saw in WaPo's article that they showed an illustration of an 870 with the stock sawed off, not the barrel. He apparently had the gun concealed in a backpack so he would have to have chopped the stock, barrel or both.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I saw in WaPo's article that they showed an illustration of an 870 with the stock sawed off, not the barrel. He apparently had the gun concealed in a backpack so he would have to have chopped the stock, barrel or both.

Or just carried it in disassembled and reassembled it inside. Assuming the man-crush media even got the backpack thing right.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    The only thing Obama has in his tool bag is executive orders, which are limited thank God.

Says who? Has he shown any slight hesitancy in issuing orfers against the old, outdated, obsolete, white issued racist dogma document once foolishly thought by regressives to be important?? (AKA The Constitition)

If so, I've not noticed it....

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Or just carried it in disassembled and reassembled it inside. Assuming the man-crush media even got the backpack thing right.

Also true. Either way... if he shortened it I'm sure we'll see Code Pink protesting outside of hardware stores demanding all saw blades be banned and melted down.

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Also true. Either way... if he shortened it I'm sure we'll see Code Pink protesting outside of hardware stores demanding all saw blades be banned and melted down.

Code Pink could melt metal with their faces.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    They will save shotguns for last. They will go after semi auto handguns, then semi auto rifles. Then they will go after everything left.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    I personally believe there will be no need gun legislation in response to the NAVSEA tragedy. Joe Manchin that introduced the last legislation has been silent as others from the senate that spoke out after Newtown. Plus we have the House of Reps that is dominated by pro gun republicans that wont pass anything.

The only thing Obama has in his tool bag is executive orders, which are limited thank God.
    Since the last 2 "mass murders" have been committed with pressure cookers and a shotgun, perhaps even the dopiest of DC dopes are waking up to the fact that you don't need an AR to commit murder.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I've noticed a few new catch phrases in the media lately. "Police-style", "Police issue", "synthetic". I think they're looking for anything scary about the shotgun he used and are trying to run with them.

I don't think they're getting much traction. A Remington 870 is pretty much a Remington 870. Can't really touch the scary bits without touching the popular hunting shotgun, and pissing off hunters is the last thing the media or the gun control crowd want to do.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    We now know the Washington Navy Yard shooter entered with only a shotgun and used it to obtain handguns in the compound. In an interview the other day Obama used this incident to call on Congress to pass more gun legislation.

In the past, anti-gun Government reps have always said that they respect the right of hunters and would never touch shotguns. There are a lot of hunters that think their shotguns are always going to be safe and don't get involved politically. I am curious what people think now with recent events. I believe that would be very foolish of Congress as they would likely be pissing off 10's of millions more gun owners who normally don't care about new gun legislation.

These people believe in the destruction of gun rights, and they believe in death by a thousand cuts if that's what it takes to accomplish their goal. Don't make the mistake of underestimating these people.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Do I think they will go after shotguns? Yes.

When? Who knows. Sooner or later.

I also think there is a list of other things, but I sure won't list them here. No need to give anyone ideas.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Just in from our best friend MOM:

Earlier this week, we watched in horror as our nation suffered yet another mass shooting.

This time, it happened in the shadows of the Capitol that has consistently failed to produce legislation to keep our communities safer in the wake of Tucson, Aurora, and Newtown.

In Maryland, we passed some of the nation's toughest laws to reduce gun violence that will save lives when it goes into effect on October 1st. The legislation had three main components: gun safety, school safety, and mental health.

It's time for Congress to act on all three, as well. Sign my petition calling on the House and Senate to reconsider taking action to reduce gun violence.

http://action.martinomalley.com/gun-violence

In the coming months, I'm going to continue to fight for those who stand with us on legislation to reduce gun violence.

I hope you'll join me in that effort -- starting with your signature today.

All the best,

Martin O'Malley

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Just in from our best friend MOM:

Earlier this week, we watched in horror as our nation suffered yet another mass shooting.

This time, it happened in the shadows of the Capitol that has consistently failed to produce legislation to keep our communities safer in the wake of Tucson, Aurora, and Newtown.

In Maryland, we passed some of the nation's toughest laws to reduce gun violence that will save lives when it goes into effect on October 1st. The legislation had three main components: gun safety, school safety, and mental health.

It's time for Congress to act on all three, as well. Sign my petition calling on the House and Senate to reconsider taking action to reduce gun violence.

http://action.martinomalley.com/gun-violence

In the coming months, I'm going to continue to fight for those who stand with us on legislation to reduce gun violence.

I hope you'll join me in that effort -- starting with your signature today.

All the best,

Martin O'Malley

I f***ing hate that guy.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    I worry about the years to come. But it relieves me a bit to not only see fellow 20-somethings taking up the cause, but more diversity. I'm shooting and talking shop with IT nerds, teachers, mechanics, med school students, Asians, Blacks, Arabs......

I almost want Infowars to be right. The strong would prevail in a meltdown. The statists and yuppies would be SOL. Whole Foods and Trader Joes ain't gonna be there anymore when SHTF. Us gun owners will be sitting pretty. Then they'll be begging us "gun lunatics" for help like Charleston Heston's gun-hating neighbors did during the LA riots.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I worry about the years to come. But it relieves me a bit to not only see fellow 20-somethings taking up the cause, but more diversity. I'm shooting and talking shop with IT nerds, teachers, mechanics, med school students, Asians, Blacks, Arabs......

I almost want Infowars to be right. The strong would prevail in a meltdown. The statists and yuppies would be SOL. Whole Foods and Trader Joes ain't gonna be there anymore when SHTF. Us gun owners will be sitting pretty. Then they'll be begging us "gun lunatics" for help like Charleston Heston's gun-hating neighbors did during the LA riots.

You know life is not like TV right? Right? You know you sound foolish right?

Anyone who has given any thought to this knows that nobody will be sitting pretty.

I grew up facing the Spector of a nuclear holocaust. The only good news is that I would not survive. Maybe you should think about the apocalypse some more.. its not a video game.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You know life is not like TV right? Right? You know you sound foolish right?

Anyone who has given any thought to this knows that nobody will be sitting pretty.

I grew up facing the Spector of a nuclear holocaust. The only good news is that I would not survive. Maybe you should think about the apocalypse some more.. its not a video game.

****Yeah. Pretty much this. This was clearly evident during hurricane Katrina in 2005, and the LA Riots some time before. A natural disaster or civil unrest would leave most everyone very vulnerable regardless of preparation, including having guns.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    At some point, if they meet with continued success (eg, shotguns and muzzle loaders, etc) they'll almost certainly move on to slingshots and pea shooters...the "assault" versions anyhow. There is no end to their intended program to disarm the public and thus (further) empower their constituents.

Sheep don't have teeth or claws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom