Would the Government dare to go after shotguns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAMUE

Aug 31, 2012
    Pasadena
    We now know the Washington Navy Yard shooter entered with only a shotgun and used it to obtain handguns in the compound. In an interview the other day Obama used this incident to call on Congress to pass more gun legislation.

In the past, anti-gun Government reps have always said that they respect the right of hunters and would never touch shotguns. There are a lot of hunters that think their shotguns are always going to be safe and don't get involved politically. I am curious what people think now with recent events. I believe that would be very foolish of Congress as they would likely be pissing off 10's of millions more gun owners who normally don't care about new gun legislation.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    We now know the Washington Navy Yard shooter entered with only a shotgun and used it to obtain handguns in the compound. In an interview the other day Obama used this incident to call on Congress to pass more gun legislation.

In the past, anti-gun Government reps have always said that they respect the right of hunters and would never touch shotguns. There are a lot of hunters that think their shotguns are always going to be safe and don't get involved politically. I am curious what people think now with recent events. I believe that would be very foolish of Congress as they would likely be pissing off 10's of millions more gun owners who normally don't care about new gun legislation.

I personally believe there will be no need gun legislation in response to the NAVSEA tragedy. Joe Manchin that introduced the last legislation has been silent as others from the senate that spoke out after Newtown. Plus we have the House of Reps that is dominated by pro gun republicans that wont pass anything.

The only thing Obama has in his tool bag is executive orders, which are limited thank God.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

It was not a hunting shotgun. End of comment.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I personally believe there will be no need gun legislation in response to the NAVSEA tragedy. Joe Manchin that introduced the last legislation has been silent as others from the senate that spoke out after Newtown. Plus we have the House of Reps that is dominated by pro gun republicans that wont pass anything.

The only thing Obama has in his tool bag is executive orders, which are limited thank God.
    Executive orders like, 'buy all the ammo you can and make it look like off shore purchases so that people can't arm themselves any more than they already have'?

CLP

Dec 18, 2012
    They would be hard pressed to get anyone other than the libtards on board with it when the muslim and shotgun joe both endorsed their ownership

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    All I have to say, is that any gun owner who is dumb enough to think that the tyrants are going to stop with "assault weapons" or "high capacity magazines" is abjectly stupid and deserves whatever happens to him.

DAMUE

Aug 31, 2012
    Pasadena
    All I have to say, is that any gun owner who is dumb enough to think that the tyrants are going to stop with "assault weapons" or "high capacity magazines" is abjectly stupid and deserves whatever happens to him.

I agree completely. I sure hope that the hunters and target shooters who currently stay out of the politics wise up soon and join the fight. They foolishly think scumbags like Feinstein or Nanny Bloomberg are going to be satisfied when they outlaw "Assault Weapons". These authoritarian elitists will not be happy until everyone (except them and their bodyguards) are completely disarmed.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Honestly, I hope they go after high capacity assault pump shotguns.

It may help the fudds come over to the dark [rifle] side.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    I agree completely. I sure hope that the hunters and target shooters who currently stay out of the politics wise up soon and join the fight. They foolishly think scumbags like Feinstein or Nanny Bloomberg are going to be satisfied when they outlaw "Assault Weapons". These authoritarian elitists will not be happy until everyone (except them and their bodyguards) are completely disarmed.

Exactly. They claim that AR-15s are "unusually dangerous" and therefore should be banned. Cho killed 33 people with a .22 pistol, and Alexis originally only had a standard 12 gauge. The fact is, ANY firearm is dangerous. To me, the only things that are "unusually dangerous" and should generally be prohibited to everyone (including law enforcement) are things like incendiary rounds and cartridges with explosive projectiles, as those have an enormous risk of accident even if used by people who are 100% law abiding and cautious. But normal firearms? Absolutely not.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Exactly. They claim that AR-15s are "unusually dangerous" and therefore should be banned. Cho killed 33 people with a .22 pistol, and Alexis originally only had a standard 12 gauge. The fact is, ANY firearm is dangerous. To me, the only things that are "unusually dangerous" and should generally be prohibited to everyone (including law enforcement) are things like incendiary rounds and cartridges with explosive projectiles, as those have an enormous risk of accident even if used by people who are 100% law abiding and cautious. But normal firearms? Absolutely not.

Well, to be accurate Cho, the VA Tech shooter, had a 9mm along with the .22, but I believe most of the victims died from 9mm wounds.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena

Unfortunately whatever happens to the gun rights of the abjectly stupid also happens to me.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I really do not think the the Dems have the juice to wake the sleepign giant that is the hunter community in the 2A community. Remember what MOM did to head off a an avalanche of discord by placating the hunters. I know that not all hunters are arrogant but evidently they make up a a large enough crowd that they can be placated and us non hunters get the shaft. In MD they may try because of the no recall but other states with recalls dems would not dare for fear of losing their seats.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    "Gun control" is ultimately about confiscation/banning not "common sense" as these morons preach. They have just been trying from nickle and dime firearm owners to death for half a century. They started with "Saturday Night Specials", supposedly "cheap, easily obtainable" revolvers. Then they complained when thugs started carrying "high capacity" automatic handguns. No, nothing is off limits. Check Britain where they outlawed guns and now are after kitchen knives.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm waiting for the idjits to latch onto the "Remington 870 Synthetic Shotgun"...

How much more lethal is a synthetic gun? Is it worse than a naturally occurring one? Would organic ones be even better??!

Seriously, though... this thing seems to be playing itself out.

He wasn't an angry, white, Christian, right-wing, AR-toting guy.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I just heard on the Wall Street Journal report this morning that it was a "sawed off" shotgun... that's the first report I've heard of that. Anyone know if he in fact cut the barrel.

CNN was reporting this as a "police style" shotgun... that will be the next fictional category of evil guns to go after.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    They're test marketing words, phrases, and descriptions to see what gets the desired effect to further their agenda. "Synthetic," "Police style," etc.

When they find something that does, all the media group-thinks will glom onto it, and suddenly all the news reporting will sound like the carefully orchestrated drumbeat of propaganda that it has become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom