Winter Has Officially Arrived in Deep Creek...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    I sure wish this damn lake effect snow machine would shut off already! Im getting tired of the bunch of days in the row of snow :tdown:

Was that what it was all weekend? I came up to my cabin to go skiing with the kids and decided it was too cold at the top of WISP....spent the weekend warming up by the fire instead...LOL.

I'll probably try again this weekend, it's SUPPOSED to be 40's this weekend.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Was that what it was all weekend? I came up to my cabin to go skiing with the kids and decided it was too cold at the top of WISP....spent the weekend warming up by the fire instead...LOL.

I'll probably try again this weekend, it's SUPPOSED to be 40's this weekend.

Today is the first day it stopped snowing, for a week. It did snow this morning but cleared out.

Hopefully you wont have too much snow to clear out to get to your cabin. We are officially under a Winter Storm Warning, in effect Tuesday evening into Wednesday. Snow accumilations as of now is showing 8-14 inches of heavy wet snow. But being Garrett County, they always change it as comes, so who knows what it will end up being.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Today is the first day it stopped snowing, for a week. It did snow this morning but cleared out.

Hopefully you wont have too much snow to clear out to get to your cabin. We are officially under a Winter Storm Warning, in effect Tuesday evening into Wednesday. Snow accumilations as of now is showing 8-14 inches of heavy wet snow. But being Garrett County, they always change it as comes, so who knows what it will end up being.

Isn't that the truth? There are actually spots on my driveway where I can see asphalt! :thumbsup: Just when the sun was starting to melt some of the white crap it's gonna dump on us one more time...:sad20:

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Isn't that the truth? There are actually spots on my driveway where I can see asphalt! :thumbsup: Just when the sun was starting to melt some of the white crap it's gonna dump on us one more time...:sad20:

Im really hoping this will be the last hoorah for the snow. Towards the end of the week is supposed to warm up, so hopefully it will melt quick.

I heard the robins last week in Cumberland - hopefully they will make their way up our area soon.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Heading up yinz way after work today. How's the range at Savage? I'd like to bring my guns up but will leave them home if it's going to be a sh**ty weekend.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Heading up yinz way after work today. How's the range at Savage? I'd like to bring my guns up but will leave them home if it's going to be a sh**ty weekend.

I haven't been there since the most recent snow fall. It has been pretty warm so it should be passable. It will probably be muddy, wear boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom