Will the New York ruling ever take place in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    They are trying to ban carry on private property by default: churches, amusement parks, banks, and any private business of any type would have to post a sign allowing carry, otherwise it's illegal: the opposite of .

How can the state ban carry in my private business by default? Or in my church?

This is beyond outrageous. I hope these people get seriously smacked down, and very soon.

It reminds me of the old racist rules requiring blacks to read a passage of Chinese or Arabic in order to vote.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    They are trying to ban carry on private property by default: churches, amusement parks, banks, and any private business of any type would have to post a sign allowing carry, otherwise it's illegal: the opposite of .

How can the state ban carry in my private business by default? Or in my church?

This is beyond outrageous. I hope these people get seriously smacked down, and very soon.

It reminds me of the old racist rules requiring blacks to read a passage of Chinese or Arabic in order to vote.
    The judicial smackdown of this idiocy is going to be a beautiful sight to behold. I don't think this country has seen such outright contemptuous defiance of a SCOTUS ruling by the chief law enforcement officers of multiple states since Brown v Board of Ed. And that didn't end well for the holdouts.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I thought of a cartoon/meme of Frosh standing in the courthouse door, mumbling defiantly, "Good and Substantial today, Good and Substantial tomorrow, Good and Substantial forever!"

Of course he's wearing his "We Will Not Comply " tee shirt.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Don't forget the axe handles attack dogs and fire hoses.

And the sheets and hoods. For evening wear.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    With Woolard still controlling in CA4, believe a new case citing NYSRPA will be needed
    How is Woolard controlling after the SCOTUS decision in Buern? Buern is controlling at this point since it is SCOTUS that issued the opinion. Woolard is just plain wrong at this point. A US District Court of Maryland would have to apply Buern, not Woolard. Just the Buern change in the evaluation process of 2A laws puts a lot of these prior anti-2A case opinions in jeopardy. Kolbe v. Hogan is one of those cases that relied on strict scrutiny in the evaluation process.

This one, where the 4th Circuit applied strict scrutiny, might be coming up before SCOTUS next. Strict scrutiny is no longer part of the evaluation process.

It would be a dream come true if SCOTUS strikes down the assault weapon ban, the 10 round mag limitation, and the HQL. If Lou45 was still with us, I would give him a high five, maybe even a hug, if that happened.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Here is California’s answer:

I’m sure MGA is watching and taking note.
    That is insane. What is left after all those exclusions. So I can walk down the street carrying but essentially can't enter any buildings of any kind. And half the streets are off limits as well. Yeah MD is going to copy this for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    That is insane. What is left after all those exclusions. So I can walk down the street carrying but essentially can't enter any buildings of any kind. And half the streets are off limits as well. Yeah MD is going to copy this for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
    First armed security guard I see at any of these places I'm calling the police and reporting a person with a firearm. Remember that private, armed security guards need to follow CCW rules as well. Same with judges and politicians - so carrying at court could be problematic. Now this is important because when you challenge the laws, put a few judges on the stand and ask them if they carry in court and if they are treated differently than other members of the public. Let California put all the places it wants - they don't realize the can of worms they are opening.

Banks are on California's list. So now every bank cannot have an armed security guard. Similarly, armored car drivers carrying money can't carry their weapons into a bank. Make it enough of a pain in the @$$ and they will change the law.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    First armed security guard I see at any of these places I'm calling the police and reporting a person with a firearm. Remember that private, armed security guards need to follow CCW rules as well. Same with judges and politicians - so carrying at court could be problematic. Now this is important because when you challenge the laws, put a few judges on the stand and ask them if they carry in court and if they are treated differently than other members of the public. Let California put all the places it wants - they don't realize the can of worms they are opening.

Banks are on California's list. So now every bank cannot have an armed security guard. Similarly, armored car drivers carrying money can't carry their weapons into a bank. Make it enough of a pain in the @$$ and they will change the law.
    I agree, but they are spiteful and petty and will continue to play footsie with this longer than I care to wait. They can always exempt judges and security guards, etc. in the next round of legislation. The AGs of CA and MD have no intention of following the intent and spirit of the SCOTUS decision nor do they care about the ramifications of ignoring the Constitution. I'm not being a defeatist, just being realistic, there are many more rounds of shenanigans to be expected by these two states. Let's strap in, the ride has just started.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Judge Jeanine: Why aren't liberals outraged by criminals carrying illegal guns?
    It looks like Fox is trying to be on the right (conservative) side again. Finally.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Judge Jeanine: Why aren't liberals outraged by criminals carrying illegal guns?
    It looks like Fox is trying to be on the right (conservative) side again. Finally.

It's not "illegal guns" that are the problem, it's criminals carrying guns illegally and for illegal purposes. Words need to be chosen carefully these days because nothing goes away.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    It's not "illegal guns" that are the problem, it's criminals carrying guns illegally and for illegal purposes. Words need to be chosen carefully these days because nothing goes away.
    The words ARE chosen carefully. It is necessary to villify guns while ignoring criminal behavior in order to pursue the citizen disarmament agenda.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    I don't post often. I live in Montgomery county, right in the middle of the blue. When I walk my dog here, I often run into gangs. Some good, some not so friendly toward my dog that barks a lot. That's why I take him out at night. There have been things that bother me to the point where having some backup would make me feel better.
    We should all have Constitutional Carry, but Marylandistan Nazis are against that.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    It should be taken seriously and quickly in MD to comply with the SCOTUS decision. But I believe MD will fight it all the way either by ignoring it or putting so many roadblocks (regulatory and financial) in front of anyone trying to carry legally that it will take lawsuits to force the state into complying.

Just my opinion.
    Good opinion, don't apologize.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I’ll help Flush change his mind. If he doesn’t concede by July 4th. All of my carry will be open carry. Once he concedes I’ll return to carry as needed.
    Anyone else?

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom