Will additional rifles be added to the banned list?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Banned rifles are what is on the list as well as those semi-automatic centerfire rifles that fail the feature test: removeable magazine and any two of the following (flash suppressor, grenade/flare launcher, folding stock).

Any semi-automatic centerfire rifle under 29" = banned

Any semi-automatic centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine that accepts over 10 rounds.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Wow, you still think you (us/we/etc) make a difference.

Never stop fighting, never give up. If you do, they have won.

I have said it before and I will say it again, incrementalism goes both ways. It has taken years to get where we are, it will take years to get out of it. If you are a person looking for instant gratification, then this fight isn't for you.

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    Banned rifles are what is on the list as well as those semi-automatic centerfire rifles that fail the feature test: removeable magazine and any two of the following (flash suppressor, grenade/flare launcher, folding stock).

Any semi-automatic centerfire rifle over 29" = banned

Any semi-automatic centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine that accepts over 10 rounds.

So AR-10 and CX-4 will remain unregulated for now. I guess the criminals and crazies only use weapons on the regulated/banned list, so we should still be safe, right? :sad20:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So AR-10 and CX-4 will remain unregulated for now. I guess the criminals and crazies only use weapons on the regulated/banned list, so we should still be safe, right? :sad20:

Well, they will continue to use firearms from the regulated list (Handguns/pistols), but I have yet to see any meaningful use of "soon to be banned" rifles by criminals.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Are they just banning what is now regulated, or will they be adding more scary looking guns, such as the AR-10, CX-4, etc.?

All long guns Currently Regulated are band plus any Long Gun under 29" in length (A killer on the Bullpup's) or has 2 of the 3 band features.

So the list is growing but only those that are named will never return for instance Tavor could come out with a version that includes a longer barrel to get above the 29" limit.

Thanks
    Robert

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Any semi-automatic centerfire rifle UNDER 29" = banned

FTFY

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    All guns Currently Regulated are band plus any Long Gun under 29" in length (A killer on the Bullpup's) or has 2 of the 3 band features.

So the list is growing but only those that are named will never return for instance Tavor could come out with a version that includes a longer barrel to get above the 29" limit.

Thanks
    Robert

Umm, NO, handguns and pistols are currently regulated and will remain regulated and available after October 1

Thanks for the assist, didn't proof it enough before hitting post.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    No other guns will ever be banned in Maryland because the anti gun liberals have achieved everything they ever wanted so the will just go bother other people now.:sarcasm:

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Just look to other countries. Australia and England. Started with bigs scary guns now they have a turn in your knives drive.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The figures of Rifles overall used for homicides is already available in UCRs , and well known here.

Within the last 10 days I was told by an informed source that regarding an "assult rifles" by then current definitions or post Oct 1 standards : The last person to use one in the commision of a homicide in Md was named Malvo. (That was in 2002 .)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Asking if they'll try to expand the list of things banned is an automatic "yes" response.

These people like the MoCo delegation and the other supporters of gun bans don't want civilians owning any guns privately, period. Many of them will even say so in private.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'd bet they will try in 2014 unless we make a damn good show.
    There's trying, and there's trying.

They knew damned well this year that the named list was not exactly comprehensive (as evinced by WaPo articles talking about the exclusion of the ARX-100/160), yet no one suggested adding on to the named list. I could envision a bill that attempts to do this, but I see it going nowhere. I don't think the governor wants to spend more political capital on this issue - it was, if not a loser for him, at least not much of a winner this year.

These people like the MoCo delegation and the other supporters of gun bans don't want civilians owning any guns privately, period. Many of them will even say so in private.
    My favorite is when you ask people like that if they support the second amendment. "Yes, I do, but we'd be better off without guns." Buddy, that's not supporting the second amendment. It's like saying you're in favor of free speech, but society would be better if we could regulate the press and blogs to prevent "socially bad speech".

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    2013 sucked and I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg. MD is going to continue working until they outlaw ALL firearms from the state. 2014 is going to be a very ugly year for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom