• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    So when Widner's had Chinese SKS's for sale 2 weeks ago for $279 I jumped on it (thank you very much forum members who posted about it). It showed up today. It has plenty of cosmo on (and in it), but I took enough off to see that all the numbers match so far on the outside and on the inside the bolt as well (haven't cked cked the gas piston yet... I know sometimes they are marked too). I'm very very surprised. To be out the door for under $300 I got a pretty nice example to add to the family... thought I might have missed the boat. Only a little rust on the mag and the stocks metal trim. Should clean up very nicely and be a good shooter. I hope some others out there got nice examples as well. A few pics below... still a lot of cosmo on it (it got the quick 5 min wipe down on the large areas).

I have gotten several from them but yours, without a doubt, has the best stock I have seen. Very nice indeed. Great buy...

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I just got back from shooting my type 56. I put 60 rounds through it and only had one malfunction which was a stovepipe with a live round during the first 10 shots. After that it was flawless. The accuracy was excellent at 50 yards.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Here is my Widener's example. It was drenched in cosmoline and had a crack through the wrist of the stock. I cleaned the old Chicom gal up and repaired the crack. Not too bad for $279. All matching, including the stock.

Attachments

• DSC00727 - Copy.jpg
      DSC00727 - Copy.jpg
      87.7 KB · Views: 242
    • DSC00726 - Copy.jpg
      DSC00726 - Copy.jpg
      68.5 KB · Views: 244

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    I'm too cool for center laces. :D actually I'm just too lazy to retie them. The flash makes my honky legs more honkified.;)

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Here is my Widener's example. It was drenched in cosmoline and had a crack through the wrist of the stock. I cleaned the old Chicom gal up and repaired the crack. Not too bad for $279. All matching, including the stock.

Damn, look at the stock finish and the bluing on that thing. Maybe some were refurbished or unissued? Mine has almost no bluing and the stock is very worn.
    I also have only a few matching parts and a Russian bolt. That said, I like mine the way it is.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Damn, look at the stock finish and the bluing on that thing. Maybe some were refurbished or unissued? Mine has almost no bluing and the stock is very worn.
    I also have only a few matching parts and a Russian bolt. That said, I like mine the way it is.

I was certainly expecting much worse than what I received. There are some areas where the bluing is thinning, but overall it is in pretty good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom