• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    It's not one of their prouder moments. They prolly paid a mint for them so they have to market them as 59's to recoup their cost. Shady if you ask me.... Only people that are familiar with yugo sks's already would know what they are. First time buyers will just grab them up because they don't know what they really are.

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Gettysburg Adidas store.:party29:

Nice! I haven't seen those in years! I will have to swing through next time I'm up that way.

Attachments

• BB.jpg
      BB.jpg
      10.9 KB · Views: 98

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    It's not one of their prouder moments. They prolly paid a mint for them so they have to market them as 59's to recoup their cost. Shady if you ask me.... Only people that are familiar with yugo sks's already would know what they are. First time buyers will just grab them up because they don't know what they really are.

So basically they are rebarrelled, in Serbia, Yugo SKS 59/66's.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Stay away from their Yugos. They are bubbad 56/66's labaled as 59's with new barrels and grenade sights and launcher removed. Zero collector value there.

These are fully remarked Yugo SKS's. From what I found...receivers were made in the 70's like all the others. In 2010 they went through a full refurb process in Bosnia. They were fully refinished and all new hardware was installed. Stock, mag, metal, etc. They installed new unissued 66A1 barrels that supposedly never had the gernade launcher or sights installed. These have all new markings on the receivers and no serial numbers on any parts except for the receiver. An all new serial number has been applied so you can't really figure out when the receiver was originally made. I had one of these rifles but sold it. They are in basically new factory condition. They look fantastic but as pointed out, not original config for either a 59 or 66. But I am sure would make an excellent shooter. With the launcher off I would assume would make it very easy to put a flash hider on too. AIM was selling these a while back too. I have attached a couple of images of the receiver markings showing the new markings and the importer on the right side of the receiver. The text on the right side of the receiver is very clear; the photo was taken after wiping it down with a paper towel which left some fuzz in the engravings. I have other photos of the rifle if you want to see them. As I mentioned I sold this rifle without even shooting it. But with all my purchases I take photos of them and enter them into a database.

Here is the link for when AIM was selling them; basically the same info...
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F3YugoSKS

Attachments

• DSCF5272_resize.jpg
      DSCF5272_resize.jpg
      99.8 KB · Views: 81
    • DSCF5275_resize.jpg
      DSCF5275_resize.jpg
      105 KB · Views: 82

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Im sure it would be a fine shooter, but there is no collector value there. For the price they are asking, you can find an original one, is good to VG used condition.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Im sure it would be a fine shooter, but there is no collector value there. For the price they are asking, you can find an original one, is good to VG used condition.

A agree which is why I sold it. It was very easy to sell since most folks want good looking and good shape and don't care about serials, history, etc. I have been punting some very modern stuff (PS90 & STG-556) to buy the older collectable stuff.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    I have a mint unissued 59/66a1 I would offer in trade for your PS90? ;)

uh....HAHAHAHAHAHA. That just went for over $2K. The STG556 is still available though. I got two of the 90's. The second I am SBRing it. Got them for $900 each a while back. Fun little rifles but ammo is a nightmare.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    If anyone is interested....Allans Armory just posted a few more Type 56 SKS's with new replacement stocks. Some rifles are under $300 with the new stock.

I'm starting to think that SKS's might become my new Internet currency. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom