Why I Preach Shooting Gangsta Style and from Uncomfortable Positions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just think of it this way.... How would you do it as a righty sitting in the passenger seat through the passenger door?

I would tip to the left like a teapot while drawing and shoot the pistol turning my hand upside down through the door.

Just to be that guy :

Draw the Other Gun , which is accessible to the off side hand , and shoot one handed with that hand .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you watch the bus driver, he was actually using or trying to use his sights. His torso was down so his gun was also down, in line with him as the bad guy retreated around the corner. To hold the gun any other way would have been nearly impossible. Imagine lying on the ground and trying to shoot from under a car.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you watch the bus driver, he was actually using or trying to use his sights. His torso was down so his gun was also down, in line with him as the bad guy retreated around the corner. To hold the gun any other way would have been nearly impossible. Imagine lying on the ground and trying to shoot from under a car.
    Here's the thing. An obstacle, this sheet of glass in this instance, presents a problem for people. (I doubt it is bullet resistant glass, but just a covid barrier left over, and to maybe prevent people coming up from behind to bother the driver.) People feel like they need to shoot around it. He was doing two things. His leaning over was most likely ducking from incoming rounds AND trying to shoot AROUND the glass. When he could have easily made shots through it at that distance.

Here's an old drill I was going to save for a class, but what the hell.

We would have a blue gun/SIMS pistol/Empty pistol and a news paper. I would hold up the newspaper in front me like I was reading it, and someone else would have a pistol. I would say shoot me, and 100% of the time the person would lean around the paper to shoot instead of simply shooting through it. Ya gotta think under stress. The main reason I carry Critical Duty ammo, because sometimes you might need to shoot through something. You might need to shoot through that drywall in your house. Over penetration can be a good thing ;)

All this being said, in this situation, the driver could have easily brake checked this clown as he was standing up and that would have been the end of it. He would still have his job today.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Here's the thing. An obstacle, this sheet of glass in this instance, presents a problem for people. (I doubt it is bullet resistant glass, but just a covid barrier left over, and to maybe prevent people coming up from behind to bother the driver.) People feel like they need to shoot around it. He was doing two things. His leaning over was most likely ducking from incoming rounds AND trying to shoot AROUND the glass. When he could have easily made shots through it at that distance.

We would have a blue gun/SIMS pistol/Empty pistol and a news paper. I would hold up the newspaper in front me like I was reading it, and someone else would have a pistol. I would say shoot me, and 100% of the time the person would lean around the paper to shoot instead of simply shooting through it. Ya gotta think under stress. The main reason I carry Critical Duty ammo, because sometimes you might need to shoot through something. You might need to shoot through that drywall in your house. Over penetration can be a good thing ;)

All this being said, in this situation, the driver could have easily brake checked this clown as he was standing up and that would have been the end of it. He would still have his job today.
    Indeed. Cover versus concealment, Do not confuse the two.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Indeed. Cover versus concealment, Do not confuse the two.
    Of course.
    But, it's not a cover vs concealment issue. It's the shooter not realizing they can shoot through something as opposed to wearing precious time trying to shoot around something.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

If you watch the video again, the driver's first shots were through the spit screen, then as the thug began shooting, the driver tried to make himself as small as possible, but was hampered by his seat belt(?). As the thug decided to didi down the aisle, the driver had to reach around the spit screen to put the rounds directly down the aisle. Was that a natural choice on the part of the driver, so as to avoid shooting other seated passengers, or a natural choice because he thought path of least resistance? It all happened in an instant.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you watch the video again, the driver's first shots were through the spit screen, then as the thug began shooting, the driver tried to make himself as small as possible, but was hampered by his seat belt(?). As the thug decided to didi down the aisle, the driver had to reach around the spit screen to put the rounds directly down the aisle. Was that a natural choice on the part of the driver, so as to avoid shooting other seated passengers, or a natural choice because he thought path of least resistance? It all happened in an instant.
    Shoot through things if your life depends on it.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Of course.
    But, it's not a cover vs concealment issue. It's the shooter not realizing they can shoot through something as opposed to wearing precious time trying to shoot around something.
    You are fully aware that it works both ways. Cover is bullet-resistant, concealment is not. Take advantage, or know the limitations, of each one.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Shoot through things if your life depends on it.
    R.dde413433ed3606f1be156f58df0744e

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom