Why I Preach Shooting Gangsta Style and from Uncomfortable Positions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Blaster, what kind of ammo did you have to have while in a plane? I am thinking of fuselage penetration or is that not an issue?
    Sig 357 Speer gold dots. Planes are a controlled leak, tiny hole isn't an issue. Pilots are trained to get down to 10k feet where pressurization is not needed, just in case. Just need to watch shooting into the floor, all kinds of stuff criss crosses under there.
    That's why we train to close the gap, in order to get good, solid shots.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I’ve always wondered how difficult it is for a left handed police officer in his drivers seat with the window up to unholster and shoot at a bad guy rushing up on him from the drivers side B pillar or his 8 to 9 o’clock position. Helluva blind spot for a lefty.

Almost need to push up and out of the seat with the legs while spinning the torso counter clockwise and laying down near flat with your lower back on the painfully pokey and uncomfortable center console with the pistol down by your hips or belly button going bang bang bang. But you’re not getting any of that done with a seatbelt on.
    Just think of it this way.... How would you do it as a righty sitting in the passenger seat through the passenger door?

I would tip to the left like a teapot while drawing and shoot the pistol turning my hand upside down through the door.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Sig 357 Speer gold dots. Planes are a controlled leak, tiny hole isn't an issue. Pilots are trained to get down to 10k feet where pressurization is not needed, just in case. Just need to watch shooting into the floor, all kinds of stuff criss crosses under there.
    That's why we train to close the gap, in order to get good, solid shots.
    dang. 357?! thanks for that. you need to teach training like that. The Welder one you did was really good and because of that I purchased belts you recommended and they are great. And practice your stuff every day.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Just think of it this way.... How would you do it as a righty sitting in the passenger seat through the passenger door?

I would tip to the left like a teapot while drawing and shoot the pistol turning my hand upside down through the door.
    Hell of a teapot whistle when 125 gold dots fly.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Gotta have that 33 sticking out yer 26!
    Don't have a 26. Do own a 33 (model) and some 15 round 31 (model) mags. I went to underwoods after testing them against my longtime 125 gold dot load. Expansion was significant. Probably because they are over a hundred fps faster out of that baby glock than the speers.

Most days it's still a 19 (no extended mag, though).

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Don't have a 26. Do own a 33 (model) and some 15 round 31 (model) mags. I went to underwoods after testing them against my longtime 125 gold dot load. Expansion was significant. Probably because they are over a hundred fps faster out of that baby glock than the speers.

Most days it's still a 19 (no extended mag, though).
    A buddy just gave me a box of Underwood 115s. Are these what you're referring to? They are supposed to be badass.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    A buddy just gave me a box of Underwood 115s. Are these what you're referring to? They are supposed to be badass.

Nope. 125gr jhp 357sig. Out of my 33 (subcompact) they clock almost 1500fps. I have the actual chrono data at home. Expansion in water (the perfect scenario, tissue is always slightly less at best) is extreme. I have a couple that I recovered. One fired into some out of date pork shoulders and the other into water jugs.

I haven't messed with the phillips head screwdriver bullets in 9 or 357sig yet. Eventually will. Just haven't made it down the list yet.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg

I purchase underwood ammo but they tend to be oos with a lot of what I want.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    1685494332165.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88