Whose FFL is holding past 8 days with a restocking fee?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just trying to see what is going on out there. How many people have bought a firearm that is being held hostage by their FFL after day 8 and they cannot get out of the contract without a restocking fee or losing their deposit?

How many people are in the process of doing a transfer and the FFL is not releasing on day 8?

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Why...just why...
    Mods we've had enough bashing of FFLs around here.. Give it a rest. I guess it's taken the bashing attention off the Police.:sad20:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Why oh why do we protect the FFLs that are acting just like the antis? They want to make sure no prohibited persons get a gun, just like the antis want to make sure no prohibited persons get a gun by banning all guns. Some FFL's are just going along with the antis, granted it is because they are scared.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Why...just why...
    Mods we've had enough bashing of FFLs around here.. Give it a rest. I guess it's taken the bashing attention off the Police.:sad20:

I propose a new category related to FFL's and 8th day release and an ignore option for the entire category!!!!!!!!!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Let's also be clear about something else. When the failure to release was a result of MSP not coming back with a ND within 7 days, there was all kinds of talk about "A Right Delayed is a Right Denied". Now that the MSP and AG have stated that FFLs can release on day 8, what happened to a "Right Delayed is a Right Denied"> Instead of the government being the one denying the Right, it is the FFLs. However, take issue with the FFLs and oh boy, you are on the naughty list.

So quick to yell for a lawsuit against MSP, but now that we are talking about one against the FFLs, oh boy.

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    I propose those slamming ffl's add their real name and ffl they are dealing with.

Now that's an excellent idea. People find it easier to complain when it's somewhat anonymous because it won't come back on them.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I propose those slamming ffl's add their real name and ffl they are dealing with.

I propose EVERYBODY on this board use their real name as their screen name and provide photo ID and a 2nd form of ID before being allowed to post on this website. I truly hate the anonymity of chatboards.

My FFL is an industry partner, and if you spend enough time researching my posts you will figure out who it is. Go do some digging.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Let's also be clear about something else. When the failure to release was a result of MSP not coming back with a ND within 7 days, there was all kinds of talk about "A Right Delayed is a Right Denied". Now that the MSP and AG have stated that FFLs may release on day 8, what happened to a "Right Delayed is a Right Denied"> Instead of the government being the one denying the Right, it is the FFLs. However, take issue with the FFLs and oh boy, you are on the naughty list.

So quick to yell for a lawsuit against MSP, but now that we are talking about one against the FFLs, oh boy.

please see the correction
    and I believe it was at the ffl discretion
    the ffl is not violating a law, the msp is

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Now that's an excellent idea. People find it easier to complain when it's somewhat anonymous because it won't come back on them.

There are plenty of people that know my real name on this board, and how could anything come back to me about this anyway? Do you think ALL FFL's in the state will no longer deal with me? Even if that were the case, I could get somebody to buy a handgun for me after October 1, 2013, and then sell it to me through a Form 77r. I could do the same Form 77r process for a long gun too.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    People seem to be pretty hung up on "may." It seems that those that support a dealer waiting to deliver until ND was received would have no problem ever releasing. Common sense should prevail. MOM would perfer they are never released. What other word, other than "may" would be appropriate? When you give someone permission to do something you say that "may" do it, not "shall" do it.

Mother, "may" I go to the store? Yes you "may." Not yes you "shall."

I think fabsroman is onto something good. Maybe there is an IP who is not releasing that would like to bring the MSP into a case as a co defendant.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    please see the correction
    and I believe it was at the ffl discretion
    the ffl is not violating a law, the msp is

can and may are the same thing. And you are calling me a tool. Can does not mean SHALL. Learn the English language before you call me a tool and decide to "correct" my posts.

Edit to add: Nice "correction" while you ignore the really big question of "Right Delayed is a Right Denied". Good job at obfuscating.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    People seem to be pretty hung up on "may." It seems that those that support a dealer waiting to deliver until ND was received would have no problem ever releasing. Common sense should prevail. MOM would perfer they are never released. What other word, other than "may" would be appropriate? When you give someone permission to do something you say that "may" do it, not "shall" do it.

Mother, "may" I go to the store? Yes you "may." Not yes you "shall."

I think fabsroman is onto something good. Maybe there is an IP who is not releasing that would like to bring the MSP into a case as a co defendant.

That has already been taken care of by the MSI lawsuit. Where MSI failed to go further was to include an IP/FFL to establish some type of precedence with the Court. Granted, one county's precedence is not binding among other counties, but it is persuasive.

The MSP and AG have already admitted that FFLs can legally release on the 8th day. The question is whether FFLs are in breach of contract with their customer for not releasing on teh 8th day, or somewhere close thereto.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    cool.. another daytime soaps..

how long does it take to microwave a popcorn without burning?

anybody?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom