• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulK

Jan 18, 2009
    Huntingtown, MD USA
    Sounded like it was coming from Hunting Creek Farm off of Emmanuel Church Road. They do that a lot. But now that there is a new development at the front of the property they shoot farther back.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Sounded like it was coming from Hunting Creek Farm off of Emmanuel Church Road. They do that a lot. But now that there is a new development at the front of the property they shoot farther back.

I live on Wilson Road within about 1/8th of a mile from Emmanual Church Road and have heard the shooting. I've always wondered if it's people who are building the homes doing the shooting? Or is it actually a place closer to the intersection of Emmanual Church and Wilson?

PaulK

Jan 18, 2009
    Huntingtown, MD USA
    You know the new neighborhood that is going in at the top of the hill just after the Emmanuel Church Rd - Wilson Rd intersection? I think the it's called Huntsman Drive. Anyway there is a big farm that used to go all the way to Wilson Road and they sold off a chunk of their property. They shoot back on the farm sometimes. I live in Queensberry, just on the other side of Emmanuel Methodist Church from the farm.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I live in one of the older neighborhoods just right off of Wilson Road. Poplar Woods, it was built in the mid 70's. I know exactly where you live. I have a friend who lives in Queesberry, we worked in the Elevator Business together for the same Company before I got retired.

The farm you're talking about, I couldn't believe it when I found they were going to build new homes there? Especially when I saw all of the huge trucks and heavy equipment cutting out all of that perfectly cut grass. It actually broke my heart to see all of that beautiful land get ripped apart for a Development! As they say, Progress?????

I have another friend who lives on Emmanual Church road next to where the the people had a Lama (the corner of Wilson and Emmanual Church) if you ever saw that animal? The people who used to live on that corner were shooting high powered rifles toward the back of my friends home at Deer and anything else that moved. Finally he had enough and told him to quit shooting or he'd have to call the Law on him and his buddy.

It's ashamed this is what happens when a lot of the property around this area gradually gets Developed? Places to shoot Legally are getting more and more scarce! This for me is why Sanners is so nice.

At least on that Farm it seems to be big enough to shoot in a safe and legal way. Providing those who are shooting use common sense!

Hey PaulK, one day we'll have to meet up and ride to Sanners together to do some shooting.

Last edited:

BigBlaze

FX4life
    Jul 26, 2009
    Huntingtown
    i know where your talking about that's close to where I grew up... it was a shame to see all that land get developed...I'd like t figure out who is shooting in the woods behind my house though... but i live in west Huntingtown s its not the same people...

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    i know where your talking about that's close to where I grew up... it was a shame to see all that land get developed...I'd like t figure out who is shooting in the woods behind my house though... but i live in west Huntingtown s its not the same people...

So many people want to use their guns for target practice around the Huntingtown Area. I'd like to see an indoor range around here for everyone to use. It might cut out on some of the firing going on in the woods near homes?

PaulK

Jan 18, 2009
    Huntingtown, MD USA
    Yep, I'd love to see a range, indoor or out, in Calvert. I like Sanner's a lot but it is far (~50 minutes) one way and adds a lot of commute to a day of shooting. I dream of an indoor 100-yd rifle range in Prince Frederick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom