• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    you guys are posting some awesome pics of your fish. I can't wait to get out this weekend. Going to hit the Potomac River. Should be prime time right now. I spent 2 day on Lake Anna last week and did ok. Missed 3 really big ones on a chatterbait. I seem to be losing a lot on that bait for some reason.
    There's some BIG catfish lurking in the waters of the Potomac. I found this poor chap north of Point of Rocks while hunting. His head was as big as mine!

I've never caught a flathead up that far, but it's interesting to know that they're there, and they're huge
    big flathead1.jpg

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Spent the day Chasing smallies, floating the NF Doah with my son and his friend,,
    Phones are off and worries disappear on the river.
    The bite was Sloooow, with only a few smallies each for a 7 hour float.
    DSCN3125.JPG
    DSCN3127.JPG
    DSCN3130 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN3131.JPG

Son caught a surprise,, as there is no mention anywhere of trout in the NF DOAH

DSCN3137 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN3142 - Copy.JPG

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    There's some BIG catfish lurking in the waters of the Potomac. I found this poor chap north of Point of Rocks while hunting. His head was as big as mine!

I've never caught a flathead up that far, but it's interesting to know that they're there, and they're huge View attachment 363983
    I have caught several around Sheperdstown. One year we caught a couple blue cats near Mouth of Monocacy even sent the pic to DNR and they didnt believe me. I think people have been doing their own stocking programs

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Spent the day Chasing smallies, floating the NF Doah with my son and his friend,,
    Phones are off and worries disappear on the river.
    The bite was Sloooow, with only a few smallies each for a 7 hour float. View attachment 364397 View attachment 364398 View attachment 364399 View attachment 364400
    Son caught a surprise,, as there is no mention anywhere of trout in the NF DOAH

View attachment 364401 View attachment 364402
    That's a nice trout! That one would feed a few people.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    That's a nice trout! That one would feed a few people.
    CPR - Catch, Picture, Release.
    Odd thing is,, I see ZERO mention of trout ANYWHERE on the interweb about Trout in the Doah.
    I am torn between using my free fishing time in the mountians chasing smallies, or hitting local tidal waters for Stripers and Snakehead.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    CPR - Catch, Picture, Release.
    Odd thing is,, I see ZERO mention of trout ANYWHERE on the interweb about Trout in the Doah.
    I am torn between using my free fishing time in the mountians chasing smallies, or hitting local tidal waters for Stripers and Snakehead.
    I don't fish near enough. I get my two weeks at the beach, and a weekend or two at a buddy's lake house. That's about it. I'll cast a line once or twice when we take the dogs out on the Potomac, but it's passive.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I don't fish near enough. I get my two weeks at the beach, and a weekend or two at a buddy's lake house. That's about it. I'll cast a line once or twice when we take the dogs out on the Potomac, but it's passive.
    My Son and my wife love to fish equal or more than me,, we get out 1-2 times a week,
    She stays local, in the tidal rivers/creeks. As long as I am in my kayak,, I am good to fish anywhere.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I just got a smoking deal on a curado dc. The store had all of the employees unloading a truck when I was trying to get it spooled. They told me it was going to be 10-15 minutes, so they gave me 20% off for waiting. I can't wait to get out and fish with it. It's my first dc reel and my first left retrieve baitcaster. Left retrieve seems a lot more natural for me as I grew up fishing spinning reels.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I just got a smoking deal on a curado dc. The store had all of the employees unloading a truck when I was trying to get it spooled. They told me it was going to be 10-15 minutes, so they gave me 20% off for waiting. I can't wait to get out and fish with it. It's my first dc reel and my first left retrieve baitcaster. Left retrieve seems a lot more natural for me as I grew up fishing spinning reels.

Nice, I’m sure you’ll love it. I bought one for my son, is was his Christmas present.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    Do they allow you to put a boat with a gas powered outboard on the reservoirs around here if you only use an electric trolling motor?

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Ii have been fishing the Bush and Gunpowder at work during lunchtime and after work. Tide was extremely low all week and windy as hell. The water was blown way out. I managed to find a few feet of water to use lures at the marina. Caught a few white perch and one was 13" and one Snakehead like 3lbs.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I am heading to the Potomac in the morning. Hoping not to see to much rain. As I have gotten older fishing in the rain is not as appealing. Unless the bit is hot! hehe.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Going out for trophy rockfish season in about an hour at the mouth of the Potomac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    That's a very generous gift. Has he used it yet?

Yes, as a matter of fact he used it yesterday evening. He has used it several times since he got it. He’s still figuring it out, but loves it. He and I went to a local spot for some bass fishing. He even let me cast it a few times, lol.
    Yesterday was a great day!
    He and I spent most of the day together, we got up at 5Am to go trout fishing in the morning, bass fishing in the evening till dark.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Yes, as a matter of fact he used it yesterday evening. He has used it several times since he got it. He’s still figuring it out, but loves it. He and I went to a local spot for some bass fishing. He even let me cast it a few times, lol.
    Yesterday was a great day!
    He and I spent most of the day together, we got up at 5Am to go trout fishing in the morning, bass fishing in the evening till dark.
    Enjoy em while you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom