• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    The weather forecast for the next week is going to have above average temperatures but rain and high winds on and off. Check the tides and choose your time wisely. I think Wednesday is going to be my fishing day.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Went fishing on the Nanticoke River today. Water temp was 46. Caught a bass, bluegill, crappie, and a massive Pickerel. Very slow because the tide was mostly low while we were out there. Still just a bit early for the Yellows to start running but should be very soon.

Check out this giant Pickerel. It was 26". Not sure how much it weighed but I am guessing around 5lb. or more.

Resized_20230220_112855.jpeg

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Tonging oysters yet they are.
    Better than canned as far as I know but minus the convenience.
    Looks like a pretty good lick

I spent a lotta time pulling them idiot sticks in my younger days

I have always hoped they would come back like when I was a boy and revive the maryland and Virginia seafood industries

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    The high temps Wed-Thur should have the Upper Mac above 50 water temp,,
    The apprentice and I are going after Smallies on Friday

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Looks like a pretty good lick

I spent a lotta time pulling them idiot sticks in my younger days

I have always hoped they would come back like when I was a boy and revive the maryland and Virginia seafood industries
    Figured someone would appreciate that picture.
    You already know, make a pile then bring em to the top altogether-at once.
    Hard work is not something you do its a way of life that you cultivate so you can appreciate things for what they are not what you think or wish they should be.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Figured someone would appreciate that picture.
    You already know, make a pile then bring em to the top altogether-at once.
    Hard work is not something you do its a way of life that you cultivate so you can appreciate things for what they are not what you think or wish they should be.
    I worked the water and on the farm and construction my whole life, I never knew the work was hard until I got old.

Hopefully what I have cultivated is appreciated by those who I have met and helped along the way.

Thanks for the memories that came with that picture

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    FYI

Oddly enough Bear creek is connected to the Ohio River by way of the Youghiogheny

*Fish Consumption Advisory for Hatchery-Raised Rainbow Trout in Allegany and Garrett Counties

The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) advise anglers that there is a fish consumption advisory in place for rainbow trout, including golden rainbow trout, that have been raised at DNR’s Bear Creek Hatchery in Garrett County.

Under the advisory, children under 6 should limit consumption to no more than seven meals per month of these trout (3 ounces per meal). There is no consumption limit for anyone above that age. DNR raises fish in this hatchery to be stocked in Allegany and Garrett county waters for recreational anglers. The advisory follows testing of this fish that found low levels of chemicals that could result in long-term health risks. These fish are safe for adults to consume and safe for children following the recommended limits.

Currently, no other advisories are in effect for Maryland’s hatchery-raised trout.

Information about all fish consumption advisories statewide can be found on the MDE website.​

Last edited:

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    been getting reports of people finding some snakes in the Magothy over the last week or so....

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    been getting reports of people finding some snakes in the Magothy over the last week or so....
    Do they stay way up in the brackish water?
    We kayak out of beechwood some but have never seen snakeheads. I did run into a guy jugging for catfish though.

Wsanner

Sep 19, 2012
    Do they stay way up in the brackish water?
    We kayak out of beechwood some but have never seen snakeheads. I did run into a guy jugging for catfish though.
    For the most part, yes. But honestly I think you can find them everywhere these days. A couple years ago we saw one on top the water while we were cobia fishing out by the target ship.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I finally got my new rod I ordered back on December 5th. It's an edge black widow. Spent an hour or so fishing with it this morning, and I'm impressed with it. I think the water temp needs another few weeks to warm up before the bite turns on.
    d84e44079cb0883a07499313117ed6a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom