• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 20, 2009
    All you need to do is hit the forward assist with a hammer a couple time. Close your eyes and let naturel selection do the rest.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    That can also happen when you inadvertently place the case on top of the S/H (instead of IN the S/H) when you seat a bullet. I can see it happening once, but 5 times? :nono:

I've done it when seating bullets in 22-250 with the seater die adjusted improperly.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Was it in the bucket?
    Maybe they did not have a bullet puller and they were getting rid of it?
    Our range has some "duds" buckets. but some people just put everything in there.

OnHoPr

Oct 20, 2013
    SE MI
    The ammo is reloaded LC 5.56mm.

Oops, must of not had my reading bifocals on.
    Collet die still could have done that. A possible seater die mis-adjustment. Or a tight 223 neck sizing die and the 5.6 mm military cases that have thicker brass which could of made for real firm bullet inserting, possibly with a flatter base bullet and somewhat of a cant of the bullet while inserting and after trimming without chamfering. Or got their hands on a box of 22 HiPower bullets.
    Maybe they were trying to AI the brass.:rolleye12

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    I'm not an expert by any means. Could this be caused by someone trying something like feeding 7.62x54 into a 7.62x51 action, and when it didn't go well, they tried ramming the bolt a few times? Could shove back the shoulder, and maybe pop out the cap?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Here's a couple, once fired Lake city brass from a shot out barrel in a mag58, got mixed in with my brass, neck expanded over .325 ID, but otherwise looked ok. Started sizing real tight, then I backed off, but still enough force to crush the neck into the case, you can see how bad the chamber was by the unsized portion near the shoulders on a few of the necks.

20131030_084014.jpg

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I did that accidentally when trying my new hornady dies which have a sleve to help center the bullet for seating. I didn't back it out far enough and it crused two flat just like that.

I realized quickly the rcbs and hornady dies were set at very different heights.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    "Who Would Take This to the Range???"

...someone who doesn't have anywhere else to throw it away!:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom