• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Gnome

Apr 21, 2008
    As with everyone else, I had a great time. More trigger time would be better. It was great meeting the members of the forum! Let me know the dates and I am there. I learned alot. Thanks Tom!!

kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    There was some talk of a November class. It has to be the same guys from this class though. It will be an all range day, no class room.

I'll be there for sure

Same guys meaning none of us lost sheep who couldn't make can't add on?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Same guys meaning none of us lost sheep who couldn't make can't add on?

Tom was going to run an all range day with us because we had all been through the basic since you have also been through it, he may allow you to join as well.

But I think it should be open to all those who attended yesterday first.

ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County
    I wish I used sun screen, I'm pink.

That was definitely a good time. I enjoyed meeting everyone. Let’s get this next class rolling! If at all possible I would much rather it be on a Sunday, that's probably the only way I will be able to attend. I think a bunch of us are in the same boat with that one too.

As far as the class goes, boy I am out of practice with a lot of stuff. I know what I will be doing till we go back!

glock_forty5

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2007
    Tom was going to run an all range day with us because we had all been through the basic since you have also been through it, he may allow you to join as well.

That sounds fair. Yesterday's group have first shot and then other Tom Perroni trained MDShooters will fill in open slots. It will also ensure that we have enough students for Tom to hold the class.

JT

BTW my AAR will be coming soon. I will start another thread and put the link here.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America

Jeep is correct.
    He has to know how you act on the range doing all the complicated movements with loaded firearms.
    No offence to anyone else who was not one of the 20 (21 with me), but what he is looking at doing is running a 100% range day with all of us 21 who he has scene operate and operate together, as well as all of us seeing each other too.
    Hence this second day would be open only to the 21 that were there Sunday.

However I think with the showing and response he got from our group, a second beginner’s course would be in order in a few months.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Group Photo time :)

I will get more photos up later, but it will be a week or 2, This is lower priority than my backlog of big $$ jobs, sorry, I will try and get a few random up in the next few though here.

Also I would be in for either weekend in Nov. Just give me a heads up

Attachments

• Group-photo-WebV.jpg
      Group-photo-WebV.jpg
      101.7 KB · Views: 133

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    i have a wedding on the 14, so if a sat then im in for the 21. however along with 3rdrcn, and ripper a sunday (15 or 22) would be excellant. in that case the 15 would be best for me.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    i have a wedding on the 14, so if a sat then im in for the 21. however along with 3rdrcn, and ripper a sunday (15 or 22) would be excellant. in that case the 15 would be best for me.

Sundays are good for me as well.

Which ever day gets the most people there.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I emailed him yesterday about dates and other things :draw: once I hear back, I'll post here.

For the next class, I was thinking that we might spend an hour or two in the morning working on fundamentals like magazine changes, transitions, shooting while moving, etc.

Thoughts?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I emailed him yesterday about dates and other things :draw: once I hear back, I'll post here.

For the next class, I was thinking that we might spend an hour or two in the morning working on fundamentals like magazine changes, transitions, shooting while moving, etc.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe add in some simulated malfunction drills.

glock_forty5

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2007

Thoughts?

I agree with your approach for the morning. It will allow everyone to "warm up" and provide a foundation for complex drills later in the day. Let's also ask every one to zero their rifle before the class. It would be a huge time saver.

As for emailing Tom, I would try a different approach. I would call his office and find out when he is due back and then call his mobile. That has always been the best way for me to catch up with him. He gets a lot of email and voice mails so I am concerned that ur email will fall to the bottom of the pile. Just my 2 cents.

JT

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom