• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Picture taken at gander mountain this moring in NC by my parents. ...

:)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
      photo.JPG
      50.7 KB · Views: 491

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    What a shame. Gander Mountain was great, for like the first 12 months after I first heard of them. Then, like most other major retail chains, they went "full retard".

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I think Mosin crates are undervalued. I'm not saying they're worth $150, but I think $75 would be a reasonable price. It seems like a lot of guys want a Mosin crate, but they don't want to pay anything for one. Everyone wants one for free or for $20 or something.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    That's crazy ha...you can buy 30 from aim at that price

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Isn't AIM in Ohio? You can't realistically get 30 crates anywhere near that price once you factor in the true costs of getting them to your door.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Isn't AIM in Ohio? You can't realistically get 30 crates anywhere near that price once you factor in the true costs of getting them to your door.

OPs is in north Carolina. Neither are particularly close to Maryland. But if i was taking a road trip to get some it would be one they are selling for $5 not to the place selling for $150.

I think i would buy one locally for $50-75 if available.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    Agreed, that's basically my point.

$150 no.

But I did pay $60 for mine locally, from a deal passed on by an MDS member (still can't thank you enough!). It was well worth the price. I'd asked several shops over the past year, and all were spoken for, and each shop had a list of people already interested in their next crate. I don't buy enough volume to compete with some of the collectors in this area, but I have amassed enough volume over time to desire a crate.

When I paid $60, the dealer had similar military surplus crates for sale for the exact same price. I paid exactly what I felt it was worth as a surplus military chest, regardless of the Mosin connection. I mean look at the prices of surplus cans and compare storage volume per dollar. I wanted a crate that was free or $5, but since they are difficult to find in this area, I am thrilled to get one at a reasonable retail price. Just as cool as another Mosin, and half the price.

So I agree, in some senses Mosin crates are undervalued, any surplus crate of this size and quality is worth way more than $5. Don't believe me, go up to the ammo can guy at the Howard County show this weekend and see what you can buy for $5.

UpperMarlboroMan

Mar 11, 2013
    I wonder if that is a local store manager just seeing if he or she can move them at that price? I would actually think about buying one at $60.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    With Russia and Putin being the new leaders of the free world, having checkmated Obama, all things Russian should appreciate in value.

Maybe WWIII will be fought with Mosins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom