• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    If it's the same as it used to be there will be a coupon inside the box for a discount on a spool of filament. You might want to pull that coupon out and buy a spool or two while you are there. The sample that comes with the printer is pretty meager.
    oh good to know, thank you.

Hopefully the Ender 3 doesn't force you to lose interest.
    If you get the skmini motherboard upgrade, bed spring upgrade and BL touch you may survive.
    I don't quit easily, it is just a matter of whether I take an interest in making my own stuff and waiting for it or not. I already have a couple of things in mind that I want to make to test it out.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The actual printing part is less complicated than the damn 3d modeling software.

I expect it to be intuitive and easy to adjust someone's model but d*mn, it ain't simple. Even a completely original model is tedious.

marcwells

Aug 7, 2022
    United States
    3D printing becomes a hobby unto itself. It is not plug and play. Regardless of what printer you buy, you will have to do a lot of learning and tuning to have good success. I've been doing it for over 10 years and I'm still learning stuff that improves my prints.

If you think you are going to download some design files and just print them and go along your merry way you will be disappointed.

I personally try to avoid Chinese printers so the Bambu and Creality printers would be out for me even though they are perfectly good printers. I do own a Creality Ender 3 but I got it for $99 so I broke my own rule ;-). The Prusa is about the best non-Chinese printer you can get and comes with pretty well tuned profiles. It's probably about as close to plug and play you can get.

I build my own printers these days but I'm building high performance of shipping labels printers, larger printers that definitely would not be suitable for a beginner.
    Hello,

I am interested in learning how to 3d print strictly for fun to begin with. Does anybody have advice on brands they like, i know Ender and Creality are popular but then there is qidi and craetbot. Some more extensive than others most seem to be made over seas. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    Hello,

I am interested in learning how to 3d print strictly for fun to begin with. Does anybody have advice on brands they like, i know Ender and Creality are popular but then there is qidi and craetbot. Some more extensive than others most seem to be made over seas. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Read what was already said in this thread for my opinion.
    If it's for fun don't get ender 3, unless you have lots of experience with printers already.

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    Hello,

Thanks in advance
    I spent $175 for my fokoos on Amazon. I just finished my 1st kg of pla+. It's done every thing I've asked it to do. I printed a bullet and case feeder for my hornady progressive. It's not a bad unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom