• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    I would just settle for getting about 1k in once fired, dirty, spent primered brass for under $70-90

Noticed an guy on Craigslist had just what you want, and they were $50/1000 pre-election. Post-election they went to $100, then $125 a couple of weeks ago, and now they're gone. The frenzy continues.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    I've never tried 4895 for .223. My first foray into reloading this caliber was:

once fired Lake City brass
    69 gr Sierra HPBTM
    24.5 to 26.0 gr WW 748 (in 0.2 gr increments) and WW small rifle primers

I used 55 gr PMC factory loads as my "base-line" for accuracy as they were consistent and shot 1.5-1.75" groups at 100 yards off the bench. My best group with these loads didn't go less than ~3.5-4.0". Needless to say, I abandoned this quickly. I'm trying Varget next.

Help you cut to the chase with Sierra 69 BTHP with Varget; Max is 26.1 out of AR, my samples range from 24.0 - 25.5, groups sucked out of 16" 1-9 twist so slowed them down to 23.0 & 23.5. The 23.0 of Varget with Sierra 69's BTHP was the magic load while Nosler 69 BTHP's printed 1/4" tighter than Sierra's. So had to slow them down out of my tube vs. spinning them faster to obtain MOA groups @ 100.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Noticed an guy on Craigslist had just what you want, and they were $50/1000 pre-election. Post-election they went to $100, then $125 a couple of weeks ago, and now they're gone. The frenzy continues.

At timonium I bought fired brass still with the primers for $50/500. Best deal I have been able to find that was available. Looking at the prices of polished brass some of it is at the price of what fully loaded cases were going for before the great panic.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    I just picked up 2500 pieces of LC brass dirty and with spent primers for $100. Now I need some primers, powder, and bullets. Anyone have anything to spare?

I do indeed feel like I picked a terrible time to start reloading. I managed to grab 200 pieces of starline 45acp from cabelas last week.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I just picked up 2500 pieces of LC brass dirty and with spent primers for $100. Now I need some primers, powder, and bullets. Anyone have anything to spare?

I do indeed feel like I picked a terrible time to start reloading. I managed to grab 200 pieces of starline 45acp from cabelas last week.

I have some pull down 4895 I got for loading into my AR. Not sure if you use that powder or not.

Justler

Jan 5, 2012

You'll need to remove the primer crimp before reloading. Might want to tumble them as well. Apologies if you've done this before and it isn't news to you :).

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Help you cut to the chase with Sierra 69 BTHP with Varget; Max is 26.1 out of AR, my samples range from 24.0 - 25.5, groups sucked out of 16" 1-9 twist so slowed them down to 23.0 & 23.5. The 23.0 of Varget with Sierra 69's BTHP was the magic load while Nosler 69 BTHP's printed 1/4" tighter than Sierra's. So had to slow them down out of my tube vs. spinning them faster to obtain MOA groups @ 100.

Thanks for the advice. I'm running a 20" barrel 1:7 twist from a stock HBAR, so I should be able to burn a bit more powder...

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.

Willing to trade .45 brass for .223?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I would just settle for getting about 1k in once fired, dirty, spent primered brass for under $70-90

Sorry to say this but that is a pre panic price and you likely won't see that for a while. The place I get brass sell it for that normally but they sold 26k of brass a in a day. Its all gone and no eta.....:mad54:

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    I have a lot of brass, but i need pills and primers.

I can process the brass for you also. I'll have my kids (brass monkeys) tumble, resize, swage, sort by headstamp, trim and chamfer/deburr. we use a super swage and a gracie trimmer. we have a lot of experience and a lot of happy customers (york iwla).

Not selling anything, just a trade for some small rifle primers and/or 55-75gr pills. we'll make a square deal.

PM me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom