• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Two brothers across the road from me just came home with a buck & a doe.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I'm sitting in a treestand as I type this. There is a fresh rub 20yds from my stand hopefully it's that 8 pointer I couldn't get a shot on a few days ago.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I'm sitting in a treestand as I type this. There is a fresh rub 20yds from my stand hopefully it's that 8 pointer I couldn't get a shot on a few days ago.

Good luck! I havent seen many rubs I can associate to white tail, The ones I saw earlier in sept/oct were most likely from elk and moose.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Went fox/rabbit/squirrel hunting today in Charles Co. Big ol nuthin for me today. It was a great day to be outside all day tho. Group of 6 hunters working beagles all day said they flushed 3-4 rabbits, so at least I was in the right area.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    What do you do with a fox if you get one?

I often see foxes while I am out hunting deer. I like to watch the foxes hunt - It looks like they are hunting squirrels or something.

I don't know why I feel this way - but feel like the foxes are a good part of the eco system to keep the rodent population down. The private farm I'm hunting on does not have chickens or anything so they are not really a nuisance to anyone.

Swift foxes we just blast like coyotes. Reds get taken down too but usually taken to the guy in town who will mount or at least get the pelt ready. My friend hit a coyote right between the eyes and he is getting that skull back for sure. I prefer to not shoot reds, just the swifts on the plains.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Going to Minnesota on Saturday. Hunt there Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Then home, hunt Wednesday, Thanksgiving, Friday & Saturday in Earleville.

Anyone know a good divorce attorney?:spank:

Damn, I can't help you with a attorney, But good luck.... This past Jan I finished up a 4+ year
    divorce and she ended up with about what she had when we got married. A pos car and 2,000 dollars of bills that she was behind on.

I am on my way down as I write this to southern Indiana to my place to hunt deer for the next 4 or 5 days.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Didnt see Nuffin come in...I heard an elk nearby...couple hundred yards away maybe.

Wanted an elk this year but wasnt prepared physically or with the right equipment. And starting a new job didnt help. But tomorrow morning we will be up and down in the Mtns and calling in the yotes. After that, more local beer and steak. Just another day in Merica.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Wanted an elk this year but wasnt prepared physically or with the right equipment. And starting a new job didnt help. But tomorrow morning we will be up and down in the Mtns and calling in the yotes. After that, more local beer and steak. Just another day in Merica.

I got my first elk this year, but now elk season is closed basically, some have 4 days left in Dec for late bow other than that its closed. Rifle season is still open for deer til the end of the month then til 24th Dec for late bow. A friend is waiting for deer rifle season to end so he can come out and hunt some coyotes. Its going to be fun as he has a nightvision scope. :innocent0

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    No yotes but we had a great time sucking wind climbing around the mountains. NEVER AGAIN will I lug this 12lb MK12 up there. Im using it for long range in the grasslands next time. Had a PERFECT day other than no yotes. Found tracks from bobcats, elk, mule deer, etc. Bad picture but we spotted 4 mule deer one of them was nice little 2x2 but we didn't have tags so just got to shoot them with the camera. They are in the 2nd from bottom picture. This mountain weather is nuts. I had HUGE thick winter insulated camo pants up and the wind stopped and it got to around the 60s and I was DYING.

85fc5933a098480ab1a6380bbf03b277.jpg

dc6e19b0ecc794ebae8d8e9888275d46.jpg

8b97fa2e4d21fffb1a3f7167552ba8e0.jpg

4b0cc1a5594e4bac26f48535265e8c5e.jpg

ab30605a572e261a86b89740e152647a.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Waking at 3:30am tomorrow. I'll be in my climber by 5am. I have yet to get a deer with my bow this year.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Leaving work in ten minutes, 30 min commute home, sleeping until 11:00 p.m. and then driving 3 hours to the national forest in Virginia. 90 minute hike in to quickly set up a camp, then 30 minutes from there to my stand location--uphill from a huge rub I spotted last Sunday. Hopefully I'll be set up my spot by 4:30 or 5. This way when others start entering the forest from the trailhead at that time, the deer will filter back towards my ambush.

...that's the theory anyway! Good luck everyone.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Leaving work in ten minutes, 30 min commute home, sleeping until 11:00 p.m. and then driving 3 hours to the national forest in Virginia. 90 minute hike in to quickly set up a camp, then 30 minutes from there to my stand location--uphill from a huge rub I spotted last Sunday. Hopefully I'll be set up my spot by 4:30 or 5. This way when others start entering the forest from the trailhead at that time, the deer will filter back towards my ambush.

...that's the theory anyway! Good luck everyone.

Sweet plan! You must be retired Vietcong! Haha good luck and hope its a great time

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom