• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    started getting a sore throat last night...Im still gonna go out later this afternoon and sit...I dont feel awful but hopefully I can keep from sneezing/coughing for something to come in. They have been coming in 15minutes to an hour after I leave so either they hear me or the wind is swirling and scaring them out.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Bummer hope you feel better. I was thinking about going out tomorrow near sunset and trying to call a few in but do I feel like climbing up those hellacious hills? Not really

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    12 guys limited here in Rochester, MN today. Pics coming if I can figure out how....

36 Geese, 13 Mallards.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ever seen a 125 DOZEN decoy spread (fifteen hundred)?

Expecting snowfall tonight and tomorrow, we brought the entire spread up to pit.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    125 dozen decoys! I would hate to be the one to put and pick them up. Not to mention the cost of buying all of them. I don't think my car is worth that much.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    They have been coming in 15minutes to an hour after I leave so either they hear me or the wind is swirling and scaring them out.

No I bet they are just starting to pattern you, like we try to pattern them. They are just better at it because their life depends upon it.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Sweet plan! You must be retired Vietcong! Haha good luck and hope its a great time

Well, I certainly put in good effort. I got to my spot in the National Forest, on a nice, relatively comfortable shelf on a hillside over looking the edge of a patch of pines and bend in a creek at 5:15 a.m. Saturday morning. I sat there all day until shooting hours ended at 5:30. Temperature started at about 15 degrees and climbed to a comfortable 45. I saw more than a dozen squirrels and some neat birds, but no deer. It was a great day though. Very quiet. Very zen. I was proud of my sound and movement discipline. I think I did everything right--I just wasn't in the right place apparently. My brother was about 1/2 mile up the valley from me and he didn't have any luck either. We'll try again this coming weekend!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    125 dozen decoys! I would hate to be the one to put and pick them up. Not to mention the cost of buying all of them. I don't think my car is worth that much.
    Figure he's got about 800 FA shells and the rest full bodies mixed between Final Approach and DOA.

There was at minimum $15k wholesale in dekes. They're signed on with big manufacturers, so I'm sure they get the best deal possible.

$200 a dozen is about the minimum for full body geese at retail.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Limited 12 guys again today, 33 geese and 5 Mallards. 25° with 20mph winds, light blowing snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom