• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    It will be spring at the earliest before I can afford one, but I'm thinking of getting this beauty. Is is odd to get a pretty gun for competition?

Attachments

• CZ-85 Combat.jpg
      CZ-85 Combat.jpg
      31.1 KB · Views: 824

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    What's the saying..."Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..." lol
    Everybody is different, what looks good to some people won't look good to others. If that's what you like though, by all means get it.

Hi Point Naga

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 22, 2012

zmayhem I love your avatar I literally just lol'd.

I think the old Smith and Wesson 4506 and its brothers are beautiful wish they would sell em now. Hell 50% of the reasoning behind me getting any gun is looks. STI's are beautiful too IMO. Get what you like :) I always do.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Mine was originally set up for competition by its original owner. I put on the wood grips. And, well...I think she's quite pretty.

Attachments

• DSCN0029.JPG
      DSCN0029.JPG
      70.7 KB · Views: 789
    • DSCN0028.JPG
      DSCN0028.JPG
      68.6 KB · Views: 777

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I am going to get rid of my 'competition' only gun because I have actually been shooting my g19, ie my carry gun, at every match and the competition gun has been sitting my my safe for the past year.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    CZ is discontinuing a lot of models next year so look for the list and be sure this isn't on it. They a are great guns.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Everybody is different, what looks good to some people won't look good to others. If that's what you like though, by all means get it.

Well at least it's black and silver. I figured, judging by the title, this was one of those pink/purple threads. I had to stop in to see what makes a man's gun "pretty".

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    I am going to get rid of my 'competition' only gun because I have actually been shooting my g19, ie my carry gun, at every match and the competition gun has been sitting my my safe for the past year.

I'm curious, what is that "competition" gun?

CZ is discontinuing a lot of models next year so look for the list and be sure this isn't on it. They a are great guns.

Oh DAMN! I sure will look for that list!

Well at least it's black and silver. I figured, judging by the title, this was one of those pink/purple threads. I had to stop in to see what makes a man's gun "pretty".

Oh, you thought girl pretty. No.

It's just seems like black is good for guns you're gonna toss in a bucket to switch to shotgun/rifle, or put in and out of a holster over and over again. It's gonna get beat up, but it's so great looking that I want it over black. It makes me swoon, (yea, a girl thing :lol2: )

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

The CZ75etc design is inherently more accurate than most. They are amazing guns my personal fav is the EAA Witness line. The slides and barrels are interchangable so you can go from minor to major, stock to unlimited just by swapping slides,barrels and acessories all in the same match. It is nice when you see a class you might be able to win and set up for it in minutes.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Hey D, check out the CZ 75 in stainless at The Gun Shop.

The 85 Combat has drop free mags, the 75B does not, (but a little work on it could allow them to fall free).

From the CZ web site: The lack of a firing pin safety gives the 85 Combat a slight advantage in the trigger pull department, making it a long-time favorite of competition shooters.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    Pretty guns are allowed in USPSA Single Stack. My production gun, not pictured, is not all that pretty.

Leftside-1.jpg

Leftnoflash.jpg

onatsky

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2010
    Parkville MD
    Getting it ready for the Steel Shoot :)

BTW check out CZ75 SA too. Easier to get vs the 85.

Attachments

• liteCO.jpg
      liteCO.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 598

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads