• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I just recieved my Performance Center Shield. My initial opinion is that, it's heavier than the Glock. And, while the trigger is lighter than the 43, it is much more gritty. I can only assume, the reason for the shield being a softer shooter, is because it's weight is heavier. With the Ghost connector in, the Glock's trigger blows the shields away. No contest! So far, I give the edge to the Glock, w/ the Ghost connector. I love the looks of the P/S Shield. The sights are very nice! And by that aspect, no contest, shield. The feel, on the other hand, is kind of cheap. The Glock feels more rugged. Fit an finish is a tad better as well. As soon as I have a chance to shoot them side by side, I will give a review on that. But, as they stand right now, that includes the upgrades I've performed on my 43, I give the edge to Glock.
    image.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Baffling, appreciate the follow-up. You've persuaded me that I should consider the Glock 43 in addition to the two Walther PPS variants and Shield if looking at subcompact, single stack 9mm guns. Although a different caliber and fixed barrel designs, would you be more inclined to carry a Walther PPK, P-64, or Makarov (if eliminating caliber performance differences and capacity) vs your G43 or Shield? I believe you have all the aforementioned and shoot them well. Perhaps they are less convenient for carry.

My small carry options are a P238, Makarov (have a few and love their reliability and accuracy), and Walther P99 C (G26 size - awesome gun), so have been contemplating a smaller 9mm gun however concerned about diminished usability due to the ergonomics of the smaller design. I'm not a fan of the Sig P238 but keep it due to its pocketability and solid construction.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Hands down, the Glock, as mine sits now. It's comfortable, light and virtually indestructible.
    The PPK/S is down right cool. But, I wouldn't trust my life to it. The P64 is pretty awesome. However, the first pull is a bitch. Even with the spring upgrade. And, it's really not very ergonomic. The backstrap, just doesn't fit right in your hand. The Mak, is extremely comfortable and reliable. But it's heavy. And again, the first pull is a tough one. For me, it's either the 43 or the LCP. Depending on the occasion. Beach wear, LCP. That thing is one hell of a carry piece. And yes, I do trust my life to it. Problem being, it is slightly under powered. It is strictly a "get 'em off of me" gun. Where as the Glock, could be used in a real firefight. Assuming you had back up mags. Which I carry.

Last edited:

RFD

Nov 22, 2012
    Baltimore
    My M&P 9c has impressed me with very good accuracy and nice untouched trigger.shoots Hornady Critical Defence 115gr. GREAT!

Attachments

• MnP 9C.jpg
      MnP 9C.jpg
      96.9 KB · Views: 164

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads