Which AR do you recommend that is MD compliant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Feb 20, 2019
    I would get the Windham, even if it cost more. The reviews are glowing for Windham customer support, pretty dim for Radical. Can be found by Google.

A little off topic, but does anyone have any experience with the Windham 308s? I haven’t seen much about them on line, but I assume the quality is similar to Windham’s AR-15s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Attachments

• rifle-556-spikes-dissipator.jpg
      rifle-556-spikes-dissipator.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 257

Rocinante

Jul 19, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I also like the Windham dissipator rifle

https://atlanticfirearms.com/windham-weaponry-r16da4t-848037036339

This build has a Windham Dissi upper but not a Windham lower.

How are these? I've always read/heard modern dissies are either ammo-sensitive or incredibly pressure-sensitive to the point of cycling "every other round" of the same lot, and the ones that do cycle have a manhole-sized gas port to where the recoil is as bad as an overgassed carbine with a 3.0oz buffer. Never bothered to dive into one because of that plus the notoriously terrible performance of the Colt 605s in Vietnam...
    ...but they sure do look nice.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Yes, I checked it out in person today and compared it to a Windham side by side. Both are nice and I don't think I could go wrong with either.

Who has both in stock for a comparison ?

I’m shopping as well. Thanks

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How are these? I've always read/heard modern dissies are either ammo-sensitive or incredibly pressure-sensitive to the point of cycling "every other round" of the same lot, and the ones that do cycle have a manhole-sized gas port to where the recoil is as bad as an overgassed carbine with a 3.0oz buffer. Never bothered to dive into one because of that plus the notoriously terrible performance of the Colt 605s in Vietnam...
    ...but they sure do look nice.

This one runs great. It's not a true Dissi; it has a carbine gas system under the hand guards. The front sight gas block is not connected. I like having a front sight tower and I like the longer sight radius.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Windham Weaponry HBC is a great gun for MD Residents. All of my customers love them! Great company to deal with

U4U

Dec 28, 2016
    Easy button

The Windam Weaponry HBC is always a great buy. I’ve had one for years.
    PSA lowers and uppers are great but they do not ship lowers to Maryland. PSA was my goto gun shop when I lived in Sc
    I just did a couple of rifles with Bear Creek Arsenal uppers and Anderson lowers from ABC Rifle company.
    Saved a ton of money and the M-Lok uppers from BCA a really nice. I first used the to HBAR my AR’s when I moved back to Md. from SC

chiph411

Mar 24, 2015
    Ocean City
    My Choice

I wouldn't part with my LWRC AR's. Made right here in MD. A little pricey but worth every cent. I have one of the piston models and one standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom