• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I've been a handgun and 22lr chambered rifle guy for the bulk of my life, but I've recently acquired a few higher powered rifles I cannot shoot at on target. Is there anywhere within an hour or two of Laurel where I can jsut go, pay a few bucks and shoot without joining clubs, getting a membership and being vested, etc.?

Thanks.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    It's a little far, but there's Myrtle Grove in Charles County. $5 for a day pass and $20 for the season. Get the pass ahead of time though. Some or most of the clubs in the region have open sessions too.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Delmarva on the eastern shore. 15 bucks shoot whatever you want at mostly whatever you want. :) next time the cantelope and mangos are on the target list!

TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    I would like to shoot my M24/47 tomorrow for the first time. I just got 760 rounds of 8mm from AIM Surplus and I am eager to find out how bad of a marksman I am.

What is the closest public range to Pasadena?

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Believe it or not there is a good Gun Club in Bowie Md. It is Berwyn Rod and Gun Club. I know you aren't really looking for a membership but I have to tell you about it. It has 3 no blue sky ranges, 4 position Pistol (50'), 4 position 50 yd, and 9 spot 100 yd. The 200yd range needs to get the improvements done before it can be reopened. Great people and they have training classes like NRA 1st Steps Pistol Class and hunter safety. Yes i am a member, that is where i'll be in the morning. There is serious history here since it is the ONLY range (as far NRA knows) to ever be closed and re-open under the strict rules. I may have the details a bit off as to what makes us unique but it is a great place to shoot.

http://www.berwyn.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom