• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    Does anybody know where to buy powder ??? specially Winchester wsf??? i look in many places but they are sold out.... maybe WST, unique or something that works with 9mm and .45???

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Give Bob at Maryland Reload-R a call to see if he has it in stock. 4530 Woodland Ct, Pomfret, MD 20675 (301) 934-6213

He has a small shop at his house. Please be aware that Bob has a few medical problems and he moves a little slow. He may be hard to understand on the phone. He's a great guy that will go out of his way to help anyone that reloads.

Please tell him that Perrin suggested him.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Bob is a great guy and is where I bought my Dillon press. He did have a variety of powders and primers a month ago when I saw him. He does not limit what one can purchase and his re supply shipments are still sporadic so he may not have what you want, nor have insight into when he will receive more.

Not sure if you care or not, but he will want to record your drivers license number if you purchase powder/primers. This caught me by surprise but couldn't argue with him as it was the first time I bought powder in md. Subsequent md purchases though did not bring this requirement and I don't think he HAD too, but he seemed very used to doing this.

---
    Shamr0ck

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Bass Pro also does this.

As for getting powder, these days it is getting better, but you still have to search around if you want a specific powder. And may need to order online. But then you pay hazmat fees, so best to get some people together to buy at least 10 pounds at a time.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Bass Pro also does this.

As for getting powder, these days it is getting better, but you still have to search around if you want a specific powder. And may need to order online. But then you pay hazmat fees, so best to get some people together to buy at least 10 pounds at a time.

If anyone knows where some W231 is available, I'd happily go in on a group buy. Only need a pound (or 2?) myself but I haven't seen it anywhere for quite some time.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    thanks for the info, i was looking online for about 2 hours and all i found is rifle powder but all rifle powders are slow burning and doent work well on small cartridges for what i know

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Bass pro looked at my license, then just handed it back to me.

I guess they figured an out-of-state license wouldn't do MSP any good for raid planning, since it's so far out of their jurisdiction....

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Recording the DL for powder sales is required by MD law.

I didn't realize this - is that a new requirement or a longstanding one? I only bought 1# from bob and all previous purchases had been cash/ out of state.

Only for powder too correct? Not primers?

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    If anyone knows where some W231 is available, I'd happily go in on a group buy. Only need a pound (or 2?) myself but I haven't seen it anywhere for quite some time.

HP-38 is the exact same powder. TNT reloading is frequently at the chattily shows and has HP-38 the past two times I've been there. Be prepared for a long wait though.

Trops in pa (not far from Hershey) may be a place to call and green top near Richmond also is getting a more ready supply of powder.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    HP-38 is the exact same powder. TNT reloading is frequently at the chattily shows and has HP-38 the past two times I've been there. Be prepared for a long wait though.

Trops in pa (not far from Hershey) may be a place to call and green top near Richmond also is getting a more ready supply of powder.

Good info. Thanks! I've heard other good things about Trop and plan to check them out next time I'm up that way. Just need to save up some cash first!

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Good info. Thanks! I've heard other good things about Trop and plan to check them out next time I'm up that way. Just need to save up some cash first!

It sounds like it may be a bit of a drive for you - call first as the last time I was through, I was looking for bullets and primers only. Don't recall what their powder situation was.

If you need primers, may be prudent to take another adult with you as the limit of 2 bricks per person per day was in place on my last trip.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    x ring in delaware had good selection of powders on wed. only carry pounds and limit 2 also had primers plus not tax lol

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Sorry for not replying on the law questions. I've been in the woods all day searching for the elusive Whitetail deer.

We saw plenty within shooting range but none big enough for my neice to call her first.

Traveler thanks for posting the links.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    MD records powder sales because there is a fire marshal code that limits the amount of powder to 5 pounds per person.

But loaded ammo is unlimited, so buy and load fast. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom