• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Slice WITH the hair.
    Always think of the hair.
    Of course, you've tied her arms up vertical against a tree..
    Use a tiny knife, insert into the skin at the throat,blading WITH the hair.
    Insert the zip knife (gut blade)
    and carefully go WITH the hairline, from the throat..
    then reach up, sever the larynx and co.
    then finish the zip to the bottom,
    turning over the zip knife to cut the DUO DENUM (or duodenum) and release the guts and glory ..

GO WITH THE HAIR, less mess!
    When you skin, go with the hair.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    If you're cutting around the doudenum your going to spills guts all over the place. Slice esopahgus and ring around the anus and some around the inside pelvic region, pull out everything in one pile.;) It helps to position them with the rear down hill, but I've never tied them up.:innocent0

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Slice WITH the hair.
    and carefully go WITH the hairline, from the throat.. ????
    turning over the zip knife to cut the DUO DENUM (or duodenum) and release the guts and glory ..

Two knives ?!?!?!?!? and tie what to a tree for why ?

Did you learn field dressing from a book ? :DI don't tie any Deer to any tree for any thing. You straddle that thing and wrap them hind legs around behind your knees like you're getting ready to make love to it and you get to dressing that Deer. You're just playing with all that tree tying and complete cutlery set. Nice thing about Bucks is they come with "kick stands"

I don't get the "throat" part at all. You start your chest cavity incision at the base of the sternum and work down to the anus. You mean you start cutting way up north on the throat ??? Say it ain't so.

Jesus I'm gonna have to make of them thar' YouTube video's to show you how to gut a Deer in 10 minutes or less and get on down the road. I have other things to do and by the time you get from the throat to sternum I have fallen asleep.

Just remember that wind pipe is your pulling handle. You do not let go of the wind pipe after you cut it. You pull up on the wind pipe and make your membrane cuts on either side of the entrails and you keep pulling on the wind pipe you like you are pulling clothes out of a suitcase on hangers. That wind pipe is your best friend when dressing a deer.

Now that I done picking on you. Good luck with your Doe hunts. I do respect you for the Doe only thing and I completely understand that situation. The Zen Master of all things Buck just had to steer in a better direction of field dressing. LOL you know what I mean from the other thread.

Dick Chaney

May 5, 2013
    Love the kick stand reference. That made me laugh and you were right. I can gut a deer in less then 10. I have seen people with a saw that is pure crazy.

I can't figure out why you would tie it to a tree it is not going anywhere. Are you skinning the deer to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    ^^^^All of the above is so :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Y'all are ALL doing this wrong.

Here's how I field dress a deer, described in three sentences.

"Woman, get over here and field-dress this deer. I'm going home and clean my boots and shotgun. When you get home, get in the kitchen and make me a sammich!"

See. It's THAT easy!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Slice WITH the hair.
    and carefully go WITH the hairline, from the throat..

Teratos approved this message.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    My buddy used to live in downtown Silver Spring. After a quick gutting on site, he would bring it home and hang it on his front porch for further butchering. This would totally piss off his ultra-liberal, card carrying PETA member hippy neighbors. I used to laugh when they covered their kids eyes when driving down the street.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    My buddy used to live in downtown Silver Spring. After a quick gutting on site, he would bring it home and hang it on his front porch for further butchering. This would totally piss off his ultra-liberal, card carrying PETA member hippy neighbors. I used to laugh when they covered their kids eyes when driving down the street.

prob what my neighbors did when I hung my deer in the tree to take it to the butchers the next day...:lol2: they never said anything but they didn't like me killing squirrels so I know deer really got them mad....

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

My neighbor in Bethesda used to do the same thing. He woud hang the carcassr in his front yard. We used to laugh our asses off when the Bolsheviks would drive down the street with their mouths agape and eyes as big as pies.

Freakin' hilarious.

:lol2:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013

+1 but in Baltimore. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom