What's your most versatile handgun and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My HK45c because the decocker doubles as a safety and the safety doubles as a decocker. It shoots bullets and can fit in a holster. Truly versatile.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I'd have to say my Judge. Not quite the club that Rack's Thunder 5 is, but it is a work horse. I also have .22 chamber inserts for it, which gives it a very nice range versatility. Can be used for anything from vermin to varmints to 2 legged predictors up to mid-sized game with a heavy .45 Colt load. That's a lot of range for one pistol.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    1. Heckler-Koch USP-Compact. 3 calibers, 3 barrels, one frame, one slide, one recoil spring/guiderod, and one magazine.
    2. Dan Wesson 1911 Bobtail Commander. 3 calibers, 3 barrels, one frame, 2 slides, 3 recoil assemblies, 3 magazines.
    3. And yes I have a Glock 34. It shoot in Open, Limited, and Carry Optics divisions in competition with one frame and different slide, barrel and recoil assemblies.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    Glock 29 for me.

Power wise it covers a large range. Down load it to 40S&W velocities and you have an adequate manstopper with manageable recoil and sufficiently flat trajectory. Mid level 10mm flattens you out further and offers some serious on-target energy, especially with a HP like GD or XTP. Go to the nuke loads and well...there's a reason the Danes issue them in polar bear country...

Size-wize it's obviously beefier than your standard 9mm, but not unconcealable by any means and if you're open carrying you're gold.

Haven't shot it past 40 yards, but I can reliably hit an 8" gong if I take my time. Up closer, follow up shots up to 10 yards are easy, up to 25 yards takes a second to recalibrate but is still reasonably quick.

Carry a moderate-power mag of GD or XTP for the cities and mag of hard cast nukes for country time. And at 10 rounds with a backup mag or two, I'm not feeling undergunned anytime soon.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Blackhawk 357.
    From 148gr .38 WCs @700fps up to 200gr .357 LBTs @1300fps versatility. Absolute fun and flat shooting at the range that's also ready to roll any 4 legged critter on the eastern seaboard with heavy loads. 2 legged vermin can be easily dispatched with the 125 SJHPs @1400. Little critters or big, steel, paper, or people. Nothing it can't handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom