What would you want to get if and when Assault Weapon Ban dies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Gorgeous.
    Thanks, it shoots insanely good for a GI model, it's like it has no idea it's a "lowly bargain basement model"? I DO hate that I violated that nice old German vood schtock with that cheekpiece, but done is done...
    That old M1A, besides the E2 stock, I hardly have anything in it. It pays to be on good terms with your local hardware store sometimes... The old Springfield glass won't win too many "good looks" prizes, either but it seems to hold zero really well. It came on the M1A, along with a 90's vintage all steel scope mount. In the same deal, a gnarly old Savage Enfield No4MK1, that I almost didn't want to fool with, paid for the M1A after I cleaned it up and auctioned it off down in Virginia Beach. Turns out it was about 1/2 way through the sniper conversion process before the war wound down. Apparently that's a big deal...

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    M1A, in 7.62 NATO, in regular old wood stock. Have a recent M1A Loaded, in 6.5 man bun, and I love it but really want the OG M1A, probably a Match Rifle quality model.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    Sell my Bushmaster AR (HBAR) which I can't sell in MD despite being an HBAR because it is specifically named as banned. Selling out of state seems more trouble than it is worth so I've held onto it.

Buy an M1A. I've always wanted one, couldn't afford one, then they banned them in MD and only now can (barely) afford to get one.

Oh, and order a bunch of cheap standard capacity mags online for various handguns, and (not so cheap) for my Mini-14.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Probably a double lug M1A. Used to have several of them but, let them go when the AR became the competition service rifle of choice. Used to have 3 that were built by the RTE shop at Quantico. Regret letting them go since the ban happened.

GCM56

MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2021
    The M134 General Electric Minigun

Attachments

• main-qimg-66acfed2204d26f098c27f782ccc2500-lq.jpg
      main-qimg-66acfed2204d26f098c27f782ccc2500-lq.jpg
      17.4 KB · Views: 47

AK-47

Feb 2, 2008
    I regret not getting the following before that fateful day in October 2013… if law is reversed the following.

Galil
    M14
    Barrett 50 Cal
    more AK’s

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    Oddly enough, there are very few weapons that I absolutely want to have that I can't have in MD under FSA 2013. I mostly like owning/shooting AR-15s, and although the HBAR-only limitation is annoying (and forced me to spend a lot of money to switch out two of my rifles' barrels to make them heavier), I'm at least satisfied to have a safe full of ARs.

I was pleasantly surprised that my Steyr SPP (my only "assault pistol") somehow wasn't banned back in the 1990s and is still on the handgun roster. It's not my favorite gun, but I wouldn't have minded having to sell it for something else. For now, I plan to hold onto it.

I've mentioned elsewhere that I want to own a Tavor X95. I'd prefer to own the XB16 model, but I'd be fine with an XB18 with a P/W flash hider. (Already started a topic on this in the "Rifles" forum.) If FSA 2013 were rolled back, a Tavor XB16 would be my first purchase.

I guess that I'd like an M1A, and I had that Springfield Armory guns are banned in 7.62.x51, but I'd be fine with a Chinese version.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I had an FN FNC and got rid of it to move to this god-awful state. I bought it because I thought a bunch of sears were going to get dumped on the market. That never happened, but I still wouldn't mind owning the "gun from Heat" again.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They're not banned now, go ahead and get one.
    180 grand, and the seller won't even pitch in for shipping and the cost of a tax stamp.

Skinflint.

Attachments

• minigun.jpg
      minigun.jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW